[Film] Spider-Man: Far From Home - Jul 05, 2019

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

stessier

Re: [Film] Spider-Man: Far From Home - Jul 05, 2019

Post by stessier »

https://cosmicbook.news/spider-man-trou ... on-dollars
According to journalist Richard Rushfield’s entertainment industry newsletter, The Ankler (via Slash Film), when Sony and Disney signed their deal for Spider-Man to appear in the MCU, which extended Sony's film rights and gave merchandising rights to Disney, a stipulation was that a Spider-Man movie needs to make a billion dollars in order for Sony to stay in the contract.

So what this apparently means is that since Spider-Man: Homecoming didn't make a billion, Spider-Man: Far From Home has to make a billion, otherwise a third Spider-Man MCU movie may not get made and Sony can pull out of their contract.

Tom Holland did also reveal back in 2016 that his Marvel contract was for three Spider-Man appearances and three films; he's fulfilled the appearances with Captain America: Civil War, Infinity War, and Avengers: Endgame; so that means he has one more solo Spidey movie left.

To be clear, assuming this info is legit, that doesn't mean Sony will pull out of their contract if Spider-Man: Far From Home doesn't hit a billion, just that they have the option.
More discussion at the link.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I’m just browsing on the go, so I didn’t read the link. But I’m going to call BS on that article. The announced deal, as I understood it, was for 2 solo films in exchange for Spider-Man to appear in Civil War, Infiniity War, and Endgame. In fact, I think they’ve actually finished two deals already. A 1-and-1 for Homecoming and Civil War, and another deal for FFH and IW/EG. Either way, the current deal between Disney and Sony is done now that FFH is released, although it’s widely believed that a new deal will be announced Saturday at Comic-Con. There is no deal for Sony to back out of.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Revenues World Wide
Spider Man (2002) - $821 million
Spider Man 2 - $783 M
Spider Man 3 - $890 M
The Amazing Spider Man - $757 M
The Amazing Spider Man 2 - $708 M
Homecoming - $880 M
Far From Home - $847 M
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The worst spider-man was also the most lucrative??? :shock:
He won. Period.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Looks like it won't matter:
Domestic: $329,801,533 33.6%
+ Foreign: $652,250,733 66.4%
= Worldwide: $982,052,266
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

So close! Ah well, Marvel had their chance.

Spoiler:
joking
He won. Period.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Went to see it on Saturday. It's pretty darn good. "Peter Tingle." (sniff, chuckle, guffaw)

The extra twist in the credits was heck funny.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I finally saw this last night. Well, to be honest, I saw it over the course of three nights as my time was somewhat limited. I thought it was only ok, and I realize I'm in the minority here.

Pros
Tom Holand. He's the best Spider-Man.
Jake Gyllenhall. He's excellent when he's playing "good" Mysterio.

Cons
This movie plays like an okay teen comedy that stuff in big special-effects fight scenes. I never felt drawn to either aspect of the film.
Jake Gyyllenhall. He's not so excellent when playing the bad guy here.
Story - I didn't care for the bad guy, which is an important part of a super hero movie. I thought Michael Keaton and his character were much better in the first (sixth) movie.

Keep in mind that Spider-Man is one of my least favorite superheroes. He's right there with Captain Marvel. I've only really enjoyed Spider-Man 2, which was by far the best. I absolutely hated all the Garfield movies and the less said about Spider-Man 3 the better.

So compared to many of the Marvel movies (half the X-Men, most of the Wolverines, all of the Fantastic Four), this was a home run. It's nowhere near some of the big ones though (Spider-Man 2, Iron Man, Winter Soldier, Avengers, Endgame). I am pleased though at the direction they are taking with Spider-Man. They are showing potential.