Mission Impossible: Fallout

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Jaymann

Mission Impossible: Fallout

Post by Jaymann »

Saw this today, and it was actually pretty entertaining. The usual crazy chase scenes and rubber mask tomfoolery. I did notice the trailer was dishonest on one point:
Spoiler:
A few seconds in it shows Cruz piloting a chopper on a collision course with a truck. That scene was not in the movie.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Brian

Re: Mission Impossible: Fallout

Post by Brian »

That actually happens quite frequently where scenes shown in trailers are cut from the film before final release and sometimes scenes never meant to be included in the final film are shot specifically for trailer use either as misdirection or to sell an idea about the movie without giving away plot points or spoilers.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Agree that the movie was entertaining enough, could have used a little more of the mindfuckery though, IMHO. This one is chase, chase, and more chase. Feels almost like a Fast Furious Movie, except for the "hah! Gotcha!" moments. (of which, two came to mind, both with the rubber mask subterfuge)
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Wife and I caught it on Sunday and enjoyed it. Of course, I probably would have enjoyed it more if I'd seen the last one recently. Only by reading the synopsis for the last one do I recall anything about Rogue Nation.
It's almost as if people are the problem.