Drazzil Mega Thread: Round table panel skills presentation +Took a home drug test for THC; failed at 45 days sobriety.

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Drazzil

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: My g-dd-mned cats are taking turns screwing me.

Post by Drazzil »

I should have given my cats away before I left San Bernardino. One escaped moments before I was to leave, but was trapped by a friend, who later had her run away from him. The other either ran away from or was stolen from an Air BnB I am staying at currently. I'm leaning towards he was stolen because one of the residents has smallish scratches on his arm and I firmly shut but could not lock my door when I left this morning for an appointment to ask for finding help finding an apartment with my section 8 voucher.

I would have done more today but I'm fucking devistated. The only cat I have left is dying slowly. Goddamn.

On the bright side (if there is one) is that I found an agency that will help me with application fees.

I know I should be doing more *right now* but I'm just gutted by my loss of my cat. Sick to my stomach. Can't nap, cant eat can't think.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Drazzil

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: Both new cats are gone, one ran away, the other was stolen

Post by Drazzil »

And before you ask, no I didn't know the room had a door key. It looks like no kind of door key I've ever seen.
Drazzil

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: Both new cats are gone, one ran away, the other was stolen

Post by Drazzil »

Fuck I feel stupid for not realizing the door locked. Theres no way he ran away. No places the cat has left to hide in my room, or the house.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Why does it seem you are attached to cats who are not reciprocating?
Black Lives Matter
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Jeff V wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:07 pm Why does it seem you are attached to cats who are not reciprocating?
There are cats that reciprocate? Not any of the ones we've ever had...

Draz - that sucks on the cats, but you gotta pull it together and get back on track tomorrow. You don't have time to lose right now.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Zenn7 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:11 pm
Jeff V wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:07 pm Why does it seem you are attached to cats who are not reciprocating?
There are cats that reciprocate? Not any of the ones we've ever had...

Draz - that sucks on the cats, but you gotta pull it together and get back on track tomorrow. You don't have time to lose right now.
We have 2 cats at the moment, mother and daughter. The daughter bullies her mother. The mother was once missing for 2 weeks after following us on a walk then refusing to continue about half way through. She reappeared. She is rather clingy at times, often climbing into bed with me (where she massages me with her claws). But all in all, if the cats wanted to be elsewhere, I'm fine with that.
Black Lives Matter
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

You're living in a new state now! How does that feel?
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

I heard there has been a rash of cat burglaries in Oregon lately. Especially by Airbnb residents. It's like a child trafficking ring where people spend money to stay somewhere in hopes of someone with cats stays there too. Then they change out the locks so there is nothing standing between them and Whiskers. When the unsuspecting other resident leaves, after a short struggle they scoop the cat up and bolt, never to be seen again.
I should have warned you.
We have the same thing here in Chicago, only it's with Airbnb turtle thefts.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

stimpy wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:42 pm I heard there has been a rash of cat burglaries in Oregon lately. Especially by Airbnb residents. It's like a child trafficking ring where people spend money to stay somewhere in hopes of someone with cats stays there too. Then they change out the locks so there is nothing standing between them and Whiskers. When the unsuspecting other resident leaves, after a short struggle they scoop the cat up and bolt, never to be seen again.
I should have warned you.
We have the same thing here in Chicago, only it's with Airbnb turtle thefts.
Turtles make better soup than cats.
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

It was a cat burglar!
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

My masters *totally* reciprocate.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Alefroth wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:41 pm You're living in a new state now! How does that feel?
Great...
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Jeff V wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:31 pm often climbing into bed with me (where she massages me with her claws).
That's called tenderizing. :wink:
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

Oh no, thats terrible. Those poor cats.
:(
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I know in my heart of hearts that Duchess was stolen. I don't believe he could have made it past all the doors between him and the outside. Not without help. I remembee shutting the door behind me after saying "Okay babies, I gotta go, I'll see you soon!"
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Drazzil wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:56 am I know in my heart of hearts that Duchess was stolen. I don't believe he could have made it past all the doors between him and the outside. Not without help. I remembee shutting the door behind me after saying "Okay babies, I gotta go, I'll see you soon!"
Well there's the problem! Any boy cat would run away if you named him Duchess!
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Others have implied this, but if you sit down and really think about it - what would the motive be for stealing a cat? Who does that?
Maybe next year, maybe no go
morlac

Post by morlac »

Hmm, good question

Do your neighbors own a chinese restaurant?

Ok I got nothing.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Many years ago we had a rash of somebody stealing dogs, supposedly for medical research. Do they use cats for such things?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Isn't it so much easier when your decisions are made for you?
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:14 pm Others have implied this, but if you sit down and really think about it - what would the motive be for stealing a cat? Who does that?
It's Portland. Could be anybody, don't ya know?
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

dbt1949 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:40 pm Many years ago we had a rash of somebody stealing dogs, supposedly for medical research. Do they use cats for such things?
One time my Aunt's poodle ran away and she was walking around the neighborhood and she saw a poodle that looked just like hers in somebody's yard so she figured it was hers and she took it.

She had that dog for two weeks before somebody pointed out it had a different color collar on and when she looked it had a different name tag too. She put it back in the yard. You can see that stolen dog in pictures of a family reunion that happened during this time.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

:wink:
Drazzil wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:56 am I know in my heart of hearts that Duchess was stolen. I don't believe he could have made it past all the doors between him and the outside. Not without help. I remembee shutting the door behind me after saying "Okay babies, I gotta go, I'll see you soon!"
So the cat showed up. He had never left my room. Apparently he had opened a drawer and crawled into a hole that was only created by opening a drawer halfway. I had sort of a suspicion when I found the drawer half open last night but thought it was insane cause I never met a cat that could open a drawer dor himself and crawl in and out at will.

Now I have.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

So your heart of hearts is an idiot? Try using your brain of brains in the future.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:19 pm So your heart of hearts is an idiot? Try using your brain of brains in the future.
I wasen't the only one who looked in my room. Two other guests and the owner looked and did not find him... But yeah. You're right.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

No worries. Pets are a huge part of our lives and I can understand your anguish.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Well there goes my TV pitch to CBS for a "Cat Force 9" show, finding the criminal underground network that is taking cats around the globe. :x
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

hehe
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:27 pm Well there goes my TV pitch to CBS for a "Cat Force 9" show, finding the criminal underground network that is taking cats around the globe. :x
"Cat Force 9 Tales"
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:38 pm
Smoove_B wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:27 pm Well there goes my TV pitch to CBS for a "Cat Force 9" show, finding the criminal underground network that is taking cats around the globe. :x
"Cat Force 9 Tales"
"Cat Force 9 Tails" where the stolen cats are harnessed to a tricycle ridden by a clown who whips them with a cat-o-9 tails in a macabre chariot race.
Black Lives Matter
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Did you apologize to the resident that has smallish scratches on his arm?

What happens in that Werewolf game you guys play when someone is falsely accused?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

He'd have to help finish this one first. :coffee:
morlac

Post by morlac »

Drazzil wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:11 pm :wink:
So the cat showed up. He had never left my room. Apparently he had opened a drawer and crawled into a hole that was only created by opening a drawer halfway. I had sort of a suspicion when I found the drawer half open last night but thought it was insane cause I never met a cat that could open a drawer dor himself and crawl in and out at will.

Now I have.
So no Mo shu Pork tonight?
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Smoove_B wrote:Well there goes my TV pitch to CBS for a "Cat Force 9" show, finding the criminal underground network that is taking cats around the globe. :x
Or it's an organization of cats that are super spies working undercover as pets belonging to the heads of evil criminal organizations.

Pilot episode: In a case of mistaken identity one agent is accidentally picked up by a guy who just moved to the Portland area and is trying to escape. Hilarious hijinks galore as he vainly tries to flee but is foiled by the mysterious "man with the scratched arm"...

Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Disney did this already!

Grifman

Post by Grifman »

$iljanus wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:55 pm
Smoove_B wrote:Well there goes my TV pitch to CBS for a "Cat Force 9" show, finding the criminal underground network that is taking cats around the globe. :x
Or it's an organization of cats that are super spies working undercover as pets belonging to the heads of evil criminal organizations.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Sorry about your cats Draz. The one may return. The other may get out or since its a neighbor you may be able to spot it. Put up flyers and ask other neighbors.

Could always take the guy some food and when he opens the door just walk straight on in asking where he wants it and look around.

Can also file a police report. Call local shelters too in case one has been picked up.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:40 am Could always take the guy some food and when he opens the door just walk straight on in asking where he wants it and look around.
Given that he's already found the cat, and that it was never 'stolen' to begin with, that would probably be a bad idea.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:33 am
Daehawk wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:40 am Could always take the guy some food and when he opens the door just walk straight on in asking where he wants it and look around.
Given that he's already found the cat, and that it was never 'stolen' to begin with, that would probably be a bad idea.
Don't tell him that, I want to hear the outcome of barging into someone's residence to have a 'look around'.

edit: On second thought, do tell him it's a bad idea.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Ace Ventura, pet detective.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949