Drazzil Mega Thread: Round table panel skills presentation +Took a home drug test for THC; failed at 45 days sobriety.

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Moliere

Re: Drazzil mega thread: Positive thinking.

Post by Moliere »

Drazzil wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:03 pm
DD* wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:28 am Once this is cleaned up, the absolute best thing you could do is put all or most of those funds where you cannot access them. Remove the temptation.
Im not comfortable with my money in the banking system right now.
You should put it in Bitcoin. :pop:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Isgrimnur

Re: Drazzil mega thread: I'm having trailer ideas again

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:40 pm You have a week and a half until Eaton Corporation shows up on 9/18. Find out through Handshake or calling the career center what they are looking for. If you are remotely close to it, learn about them and their industry.
So what is Eaton looking for?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:07 am
Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:40 pm You have a week and a half until Eaton Corporation shows up on 9/18. Find out through Handshake or calling the career center what they are looking for. If you are remotely close to it, learn about them and their industry.
Eaton js prob. looking for engineering student's. Given that they deal heavily in. electrical equipment. That said I'm going to show my face and see if my experience in carbide wear parts will give me a leg up.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Drazzil

Re: Drazzil mega thread: Positive thinking.

Post by Drazzil »

And I gave up the last of my stash this morning. I gave up everything I could find monday, and I fell off the wagon twice after I found stuff I lost track of. So me and my buddy went and went thru everything and dumped everything we could find. I *think* I have everything this time
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Drazzil wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:59 pm
Eaton js prob. looking for engineering student's. Given that they deal heavily in. electrical equipment. That said I'm going to show my face and see if my experience in carbide wear parts will give me a leg up.
I had to order a nearly $400 NIC for an Eaton UPS this week. Surely they have some jobs that don't require Meal-like genius..such as selling $400 network cards.
Black Lives Matter
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Jeff V wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:16 pm
I had to order a nearly $400 NIC for an Eaton UPS this week. Surely they have some jobs that don't require Meal-like genius..such as selling $400 network cards.
I will certainly look.
Daehawk

Re: Drazzil mega thread: Sobriety struggles

Post by Daehawk »

Eaton has had a great softball team for decades.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Day 2 of sobriety. I'm definitely feeling the withdrawal.
Gotta do it though.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I just want to thank you guys for offering me help advice and support. I need to make a meeting.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I dont know how you afford to be an alcoholic. I can barely afford a beer once a month. When Im good with the food buying I can get a 6 pack of hard orange soda.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Stupidity mostly.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Day 4 still sober. Not as itchy from mj withdrawal but now the alchahol cravings are getting worse. I'm *thirsty* all the time.

Went to a meeting at moms hospital. According to three doctors she is *not* a canidate for physical therapy right now as even the screening would be dangerous. I covered mom in kisses and hugs and called her brother [my uncle] and by grace he picked up.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Drazzil wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:45 pm
I will certainly look.
:coffee:
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:37 pm
Drazzil wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:45 pm
I will certainly look.
:coffee:
I didn't make it to Eaton today 😐. I had a DoR intake appt that was moved to the same time as Eaton today. I couldnt blow the intake appt as it was four months in the waiting. I *also* have a weekly DoR class sitting on the same day as clothes closet day. I'm in communication with the DoR class to see if I already did this module. If not I will see if I can do the clothes closet in the morn then RUN to make the afternoon class.

I'm still sober. since last friday. moving forward.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I'm hoping that I can take advantage of DoR ASAP as I am *SO* tired of not working.
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

Drazzil wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:38 pm I'm hoping that I can take advantage of DoR ASAP as I am *SO* tired of not working.
Why not try your own hand in business? Why sit and wait?
Think of what your skills are , get website up on wix or square space (will take a day or two), print business cards. And you good to go.
Since if there is useful activity on job front, might as well give a hand in your own business.

It will be be hard and unpredictable, but on bright side it probably will be ton of fun and it is a challenge. Plus potentially you become your own employer.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Matrix wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:02 pm
Drazzil wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:38 pm I'm hoping that I can take advantage of DoR ASAP as I am *SO* tired of not working.
Think of what your skills are , get website up on wix or square space (will take a day or two), print business cards. And you good to go.
Since if there is useful activity on job front, might as well give a hand in your own business.

It will be be hard and unpredictable, but on bright side it probably will be ton of fun and it is a challenge. Plus potentially you become your own employer.
Might not be a bad idea.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Matrix wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:02 pm

Depending on what kind of business you're talking about, it might not be quite that simple.

A business needs an address and phone number, ideally not your home. It will need at least one bank account, ideally not your personal one, and possibly one credit card if it will have any recurring expenses. In order to open a business account, you might need to register with your local government (my bank required this). It will need some basic accounting software -- Excel might be enough, or you might need to go full-on QuickBooks (again depending on the nature of the business), but you will need to keep accurate and complete income/expense records. It might need a taxpayer ID, ideally not your own social security number. It will need to file quarterly tax returns if it has a payroll, even if you're its only employee. If you will be interacting with the public, you might want to protect your personal assets by establishing an S corp or a LLC (there are also some tax benefits to incorporating if you will be raking in big bucks). If clients will ever visit your office, you should have liability insurance.

I won't go into it any further without knowing the nature of the business. If you're just thinking of a home-based consulting business, you can get by without much more than Matrix said, but if it has much revenue do be sure to sock some money away for self-employment tax -- you will be on the hook for both the employee and employer portions of FICA and Medicare, and possibly state unemployment taxes as well. Don't let Schedule SE surprise you at the end of the year.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Drazzil wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:18 pm
Might not be a bad idea.
Starting your own business is indeed a bad idea if you are not a very motivated person, which you are not.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Went to an AA meeting today. picked up a few phone numbers. I turned in the alum request form a few days ago, still waiting on the call for payment. I hope they get to me before the clothes closet. They open at 8 am tomorrow so if they dont get to me by closing today, I will have to call and ask what happened first thing tomorrow.

I have my last requieed DoR module at 2pm tomorrow, looking forward to restarting with the DoR.

Trying to control my anxiety which is running at full tilt right now. Listening to podcast and trying to stay level headed.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

What is a DoR?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
stessier

Post by stessier »

I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

This thread is very guilty of TMUA.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

It's not a TUMA!
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Tuma? As in that stage in the maturation of picorino cheese right after the curd stage? Yes, this thread has entirely too much protocheese!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
geezer

Post by geezer »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:56 pm What is a DoR?
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Oh, sorry guys, TMUA is Too Many Unexplained Acronyms...
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Z-Corn wrote:Oh, sorry guys, TMUA is Too Many Unexplained Acronyms...
I still kept seeing it as TUMA after reading Blackhawk's post, which also can mean "thumb up my ass".
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

$iljanus wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:07 pm
Z-Corn wrote:Oh, sorry guys, TMUA is Too Many Unexplained Acronyms...
I still kept seeing it as TUMA after reading Blackhawk's post, which also can mean "thumb up my ass".
Well, that would be an acronym I'd rather not be explained.
Black Lives Matter
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Still sober. One week in. Just went to an AA meeting. When I first start out I have to make 90 meetings in 90 days. Its NOT hard, they're everywhere.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

That should tell you something.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:45 pm That should tell you something.
:lol:
Drazzil

Re: Drazzil mega thread: Terrible horrible anxiety producing dreams.

Post by Drazzil »

And my dreams have returned with a vengeance. I dreamed that I lost all my money again and I lost my cats and they went to the pound because I couldnt get to any money.

I am *so* terrified for my poor cats. They are my only love in the world. I woke up in tears and couldn't shake the feeling of doom for hours.
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

When you stop drinking you will have crazy dreams. An anonymous booze goblin told me this. Might be a couple of days' worth, depending on how hard you were going at it.

Speaking of which, I had an awesome one last night. It was of the "school nightmare" type. I was all freaked out that I didn't have anywhere to live next semester. At the end (when I ended it, ish) I realized I didn't have to find new housing because I was graduating! I've been graduated for 20 years now, but that's not how the terror dreamiverse works. My last school one like that was related to missing exams and that usual stuff. Although I did know that I Had been to class all semester and I only had to find the exam location. Not like the ones where you are in an exam and you've never been to class.

Anyway, don't sweat the dreams. Wake up, shake it off, do what you need to do to improve your life.
There is no hug button. Sad!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

There are lots of types of withdrawal, both chemical and psychological, that will seriously mess with your dreams. This too shall pass.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I know. But it was so real. I watched my poor cats taken to the pound and there was nothing I could do... This is my worst nightmare.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Drazzil wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:47 pm I know. But it was so real. I watched my poor cats taken to the pound and there was nothing I could do... This is my worst nightmare.
It was a dream honey pie. /pat /pat go back to sleep sweetie...
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

Drazzil wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:47 pm I know. But it was so real. I watched my poor cats taken to the pound and there was nothing I could do... This is my worst nightmare.
Yep. I have been there too. Whatever is going on in the dream is so terrible that you can't believe this is your life. Everything is real. And then you wake up, and you're left with the emotional impact. Don't let that stop you.

You still have your cats, you are on a path to a better life for them and yourself. Your dreams are telling you that you need to keep it up. The dreams are your fears messing with you. Wake up, go forward.
There is no hug button. Sad!
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I believe your dreams are your brain running through What If scenarios, in an attempt to keep you alive and healthy.

No one is fucking with you. You are very attached to your cats and your brain is trying to run through scenarios for you to try and deal with not having them.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Unagi wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:20 pm I believe your dreams are your brain running through What If scenarios, in an attempt to keep you alive and healthy.

No one is fucking with you. You are very attached to your cats and your brain is trying to run through scenarios for you to try and deal with not having them.
Thats possible. Lucy the oldest should have been dead two years ago her vet has said "we cant do anymore" because she constantly catches sinus infections, which I constantly treat with antibiotics. Lucy is 17.

Bootsie has IBD and shits everything she eats half an hour later... I keep her constantly on steroids, she needs to be dialed up a dose... or I think she will die within the month. Boots is like 10 or 11.

Ace is the closest to me and he is like 15 and loves the kittens. Despite his age he loves the kittens, he thinks they are his kids. I think if I didn't get the kittens he would be dead. He took Sheeba's death hard.

My cats are my only love in the world. I think I would go nuts without them. I know someday soon I may have to give the younger ones away.