Drazzil Mega Thread: Round table panel skills presentation +Took a home drug test for THC; failed at 45 days sobriety.

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Drazzil

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: My runaway cat may be found, what do you think?

Post by Drazzil »

Z-Corn wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:09 pm
Jaymann wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:59 am
LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:57 am Can someone explain what is happening? This cat identification stuff?
All cats are Drazzil's, unless someone else has proof of ownership.
This he knows in his heart of hearts.

:shock: :lol:
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

stessier wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:30 pm
Zarathud wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:18 pm You can sponsor a cat shelter with your income from a job.
Is that what we are calling his apartment now?
Just 2 for me. Five was too many and my time with each cat suffered. 3 would be ideal but not before I find a job.
morlac

Post by morlac »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:31 pm
Zarathud wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:18 pm You can sponsor a cat shelter with your income from a job.
Open a Cat Cafe. I hear they just print money. :lol:

Enlarge Image
My wife and daughter went to one of these near us. $10 for a cup of coffee. it did come with a cat though.

it was this place:

stimpy

Post by stimpy »

morlac wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:26 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:31 pm
Open a Cat Cafe. I hear they just print money. :lol:

Enlarge Image
My wife and daughter went to one of these near us. $10 for a cup of coffee. it did come with a cat though.

it was this place:

For $10 I hope the cat was delicious.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
morlac

Post by morlac »

Slightly gamey and chewy but dunking it in the coffee helped.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

morlac wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:51 pm Slightly gamey and chewy but dunking it in the coffee helped.
Biscatti.

Biskitty?
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

stimpy wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:56 pm Or in the immortal world of Sir Elliot:
Cool woman, cool eyes
You got me hypnotized
So head down, get a rhythm
Stop your stalling and your bitching
I'm rock steady, I'm still shaking
I'm ready for the taking
So make your move, yeah, make me
And get ready for the big "C"

Nice. That's my favourite track from High N' Dry. It really wails. That's Pete Willis on rhythm guitar before they booted him from the band and Phil Collin came in.
End of line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

Ok, I'd originally posted that the last line to the lyric you quoted should be, "And get ready for the backseat." Then I checked the internet and it had what you said so I edited my post and removed that part. Here's the thing, the internet might be wrong. Another lyric site had something different altogether. I have to dig out my CD liner notes from my crawl space when I get home and triple check that. My version makes way more sense.
End of line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

Well defleppard.com has stimpy's version. I'm still going to check the liner notes because I'm stubborn like that. 😁
End of line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
morlac

Post by morlac »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:11 pm
morlac wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:51 pm Slightly gamey and chewy but dunking it in the coffee helped.
Biscatti.

Biskitty?
The Marketing Team suggest Biskitty has more national appeal. Plus kitties are more tender and profitable.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Acquired a stomach flu today. Must have used the toliet a hundred times last night.

I understand the toliet, but why am I burping up what tastes like lye soap?
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

It's an acquired taste.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Drazzil wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:23 pm Acquired a stomach flu today. Must have used the toliet a hundred times last night.

I understand the toliet, but why am I burping up what tastes like lye soap?
Have you ever lyed?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

With little left to do I keep thinking about my poor little girl. WTF was I thinking leaving her to be trapped by someone!? I left her all alone and now shes all alone out there. I left her to die. I'll never see her little eyes look into mine again. I loved her so much.

I'll never forgive myself for this. It's going to sit on my chest until the end of my life.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I thought we had an understanding last week?

EDIT: Here, have another one:
Once a monk made a request of Joshu.
“I have just entered the monastery,” he said. “Please give me instructions, Master.”
Joshu said, “Have you had your breakfast?”
“Yes, I have,” replied the monk.
“Then,” said Joshu, “wash your bowls.”
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:57 pm I thought we had an understanding last week?

EDIT: Here, have another one:
Once a monk made a request of Joshu.
“I have just entered the monastery,” he said. “Please give me instructions, Master.”
Joshu said, “Have you had your breakfast?”
“Yes, I have,” replied the monk.
“Then,” said Joshu, “wash your bowls.”
I'm sorry about that last morose post guys. I've been sick off my ass w stomach flu the last few days and have found it impossible to keep anything in me. Even my antidepressants. I've been taking them. They just dont have time to work before they're out again.
Drazzil

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: Finally got things turned around

Post by Drazzil »

So the last 2 weeks have been intresting to say the least. Got no interviews planned lately. I got stomach flu bad. Couldn't keep pills (antidepressants) in long enough. Then ran out of pills. Kaiser sucks in Oregon... SUCKS. I asked for pills when I had 3 days left. Took a week after I ran out to get em. First I had membership issues, then perscription issues from OHP. Now I'm good.

Considering buying a gaming PC and new monitor capapable of replacing a 42 inch tv set while I'm at it. I got a CC rebate check, a security deposit from my old place (finally!) And I got some more money back from a CA car insurance rebate.

The security deposit from the old place was 500 plus deposits for five cats.

Now with black friday in full effect considering buying a gaming pc with speakers and a monitor to replace my plasma. Anyone know of any good deals this black friday or cyber monday?
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

How about not blowing your windfall on stuff you don't need until you find a job?
Hodor.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Drazzil wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:59 am
Anyone know of any good deals this black friday or cyber monday?
There are a ton of great deals, all designed to part you from your money. Fall for it or don't
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Drazzil wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:59 am Considering buying a gaming PC and new monitor capapable of replacing a 42 inch tv set while I'm at it. I got a CC rebate check, a security deposit from my old place (finally!) And I got some more money back from a CA car insurance rebate.

The security deposit from the old place was 500 plus deposits for five cats.

Now with black friday in full effect considering buying a gaming pc with speakers and a monitor to replace my plasma. Anyone know of any good deals this black friday or cyber monday?
Get a job first, then celebrate with a new PC. Learn to defer gratification.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

pr0ner wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:23 am How about not blowing your windfall on stuff you don't need until you find a job?
...said everybody.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Kraken wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:16 pm
pr0ner wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:23 am How about not blowing your windfall on stuff you don't need until you find a job?
...said everybody.

Yeah. I know. :cry: . I figured paid all the CC's and wish I could spend just a little bit on something nice.

Doesen't make sense though.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

What's the turned around part?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Drazzil wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:41 pm Yeah. I know. :cry: . I figured paid all the CC's and wish I could spend just a little bit on something nice.
There's nothing wrong with that. When you don't have the resources, you have to prioritize, but one's own morale is a priority on the list, too. Now let me emphasize:

Drazzil wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:41 pm Yeah. I know. :cry: . I figured paid all the CC's and wish I could spend just a little bit on something nice.
Buying a new gaming rig is not spending a little bit. Buying yourself a game on sale, or a book you've been wanting is spending a little bit.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Drazzil wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:41 pm
Kraken wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:16 pm
...said everybody.

Yeah. I know. :cry: . I figured paid all the CC's and wish I could spend just a little bit on something nice.

Doesen't make sense though.
To be fair, responsible well-to-do people routinely shame the poor for spending the little bits of extra money that come their way, instead of saving for the inevitable next emergency, or even to better their circumstances. For their part, the disadvantage spend their windfalls when they can, because who knows when they'll ever get another opportunity? Having lived on both ends of the middle-class economic spectrum, I am not unsympathetic to that mindset.

You're the only one who knows what your current financial situation and your prospects for the future are. You know what the responsible thing is. What you do with that knowledge is your business. Don't expect encouragement to treat yourself in this thread, though. :)
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Some would say a new rig IS bettering their circumstances. Especially if you are going to save money gaming at home instead of going out. Just have the discipline to keep up the job search. It also depends if your current rig is serviceable or a pos. Can you salvge any of the components? Besides spending money you don't have is the American way.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to Drazzil and offer absolutely no advice.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Kraken wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:58 pm
To be fair, responsible well-to-do people routinely shame the poor for spending the little bits of extra money that come their way, instead of saving for the inevitable next emergency, or even to better their circumstances. For their part, the disadvantage spend their windfalls when they can, because who knows when they'll ever get another opportunity?
There's truth in this. When 'delayed gratification' means you don't get something this month, it's easy. When you haven't bought anything meaningful for yourself in a year or two, it gets a lot harder to resist. And there is always some more 'necessary' expense that pops up when you're saving that burns away what you have. It makes it even more tempting to spend it before it gets taken away. Not smarter, just more tempting.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Jaymann wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:08 pm Some would say a new rig IS bettering their circumstances. Especially if you are going to save money gaming at home instead of going out. Just have the discipline to keep up the job search. It also depends if your current rig is serviceable or a pos. Can you salvge any of the components? Besides spending money you don't have is the American way.
Current rig was given away after wipe before I left. Laptop is useless. I might just piece it out and splurge on a monitor that can double duty.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Actually now that I think about it. I have a laptop from costco I bought 2 yrs ago that advertised expandable video memory. I don't believe it was deceptive anymore it just doesent have that. Meaning video memory is capped at 128 mb. I haven't tried opening it up and seeing if you can add more physical memory to the comps video card. Out if my wheel house.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I read about groups of people who keep colonies of feral cats on their property and rented them out to places wanting to do natural pest control.

I couldn't do it tho. I care too much about my cats to put them to work.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Maybe work backwards. Are there particular PC games you feel like you're missing out on? What would you play if you had a PC or laptop? Would it be cheaper or a better use of that money to buy a console instead (depending on the game). Just throwing it out there.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

It's also a chance to catch up on out-of-date stuff you missed. Hit up GoG.com during the Black Friday sale and see what they have that would run on the laptop as-is, or look into an older console - there are some fantastic titles for the PS3 and Xbox 360, and you can get them for a pittance these days.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:10 pm It's also a chance to catch up on out-of-date stuff you missed. Hit up GoG.com during the Black Friday sale and see what they have that would run on the laptop as-is, or look into an older console - there are some fantastic titles for the PS3 and Xbox 360, and you can get them for a pittance these days.
I literally threw away a city trashcan of old pc games recently. Not getting caught in the its cheap and I might want to play it someday trap.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Drazzil wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:58 pm I read about groups of people who keep colonies of feral cats on their property and rented them out to places wanting to do natural pest control.
Wouldn't the cats just run away? If not, they are not really feral.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:58 pm Maybe work backwards. Are there particular PC games you feel like you're missing out on? What would you play if you had a PC or laptop? Would it be cheaper or a better use of that money to buy a console instead (depending on the game). Just throwing it out there.
Disco Elysium. Fallen Skies. The Privateer reboot? I already have a PS4.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Drazzil wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:22 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:10 pm It's also a chance to catch up on out-of-date stuff you missed. Hit up GoG.com during the Black Friday sale and see what they have that would run on the laptop as-is, or look into an older console - there are some fantastic titles for the PS3 and Xbox 360, and you can get them for a pittance these days.
I literally threw away a city trashcan of old pc games recently. Not getting caught in the its cheap and I might want to play it someday trap.
That has nothing to do with what was suggested.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Jaymann wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:23 pm
Drazzil wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:58 pm I read about groups of people who keep colonies of feral cats on their property and rented them out to places wanting to do natural pest control.
Wouldn't the cats just run away? If not, they are not really feral.
The area having the pest control done had to be enclosed. If you want the details I can dig.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:27 pm
Drazzil wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:22 pm
That has nothing to do with what was suggested.
You have a point.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

This pc idea is starting to sound like a dud.