Drazzil Mega Thread: Round table panel skills presentation +Took a home drug test for THC; failed at 45 days sobriety.

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Drazzil

Re: Drazzil mega thread: Bought a couch and cat tower from costco

Post by Drazzil »

So Im guessing approaching the EDD on monday to find out what the hell this is all about is a bad idea too?
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

You have representation. Let them represent you.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:10 pm You have representation. Let them represent you.
Ok.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I'm going to cut through all of this because I'm pretty confident I know what you're after - you want someone here to tell you immediately (right now) that the money you received is yours and you should do whatever you want with it.

No one (short of adherents to Discordianism) would suggest that. I can appreciate the temptations and "what-if..." exercises your mind is reeling with. I'm sure most (all?) of us would be having the same thoughts if we received a large check and then shortly thereafter had an inkling that maybe some or all of it would need to be returned.

Knowing that the money you received is possibly in jeopardy the single.worst. thing you can do is spend any of it. Again, I know this must be difficult, but things might get exponentially worse if you cannot give back what might not have been yours in the first place.

Instead, sit down this afternoon and come up with a list of things you need to complete. Things like: (1) check with lawyer and (2) followup with job recruiter and (3) apply for 3 jobs and (4) visit Salvation Army store and look for couch and (5) check with college employment office for information about jobs and suits, etc...

Do not add things like (1) purchase a $1000 suit or (2) purchase a $700 couch or (3) purchase a $50 cat tower or (4) purchase $200 worth of weed, alcohol and cigars.

Once you have your objectives listed for this week, think of slightly bigger-picture things you'd like to do. Things like selling, donating and removing items you no longer have a need for. Your mom's furniture - perfect example. Setting a goal of saving some amount of money by the end of the month. I have no idea what your +/- looks like but try to imagine how much extra money you'd like to have in savings by 9/30 and then come up with how that's going to happen. Things like not buying a $1000 suit or $700 couch his week would be a great way keep that 9/30 target $ in mind.

In other words, you need to tighten up your "circle of control". Focus on what's right around you - immediately within your grasp that you can address. Don't try to come up with schemes or plans to somehow trick a governmental agency into letting you have the money. This is a fool's errand. The time you spend trying to outsmart lawyers could instead be spent looking for a job or getting furniture at a place like Salvation Army (or where ever). Stop spending money you don't have (even though you think you do) and focus on what you need to do in order to get through this week. Do it again next Sunday.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:10 pm You have representation. Let them represent you.
Heres the crux of the issue I have right now: I can't move or breathe it seems till I put this lien issue to bed.

Now I told you guys about how this guy swore blind that a lien wasent an issue, because the carrier would have to handle it. He said that the edd judge signed off that there were no liens, that the money was held up for a month just to be sure.

When I got the lien I contacted the second guy who heard my whole story and agreed with first lawyer that a lien would have to be handled by the carrier. He said that the judge signing off on the case wouldn't do it without a way for the edd to be paid without coming to me. He said that if this *wasent* the case, no case would ever settle by C&R.

I'm guessing if I wanted to, I could break down my contracts and send them to lawyer #2. or call lawyer one again, although by this point I don't see one. I'm not his favorite person atm. He hasent said anything about sending me another bill, I think he would have to confirm with me somehow before charging me, so I'm on his timetable.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Smoove_B wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:52 pm I'm going to cut through all of this because I'm pretty confident I know what you're after - you want someone here to tell you immediately (right now) that the money you received is yours and you should do whatever you want with it.

No one (short of adherents to Discordianism) would suggest that. I can appreciate the temptations and "what-if..." exercises your mind is reeling with. I'm sure most (all?) of us would be having the same thoughts if we received a large check and then shortly thereafter had an inkling that maybe some or all of it would need to be returned.

Knowing that the money you received is possibly in jeopardy the single.worst. thing you can do is spend any of it. Again, I know this must be difficult, but things might get exponentially worse if you cannot give back what might not have been yours in the first place.

Instead, sit down this afternoon and come up with a list of things you need to complete. Things like: (1) check with lawyer and (2) followup with job recruiter and (3) apply for 3 jobs and (4) visit Salvation Army store and look for couch and (5) check with college employment office for information about jobs and suits, etc...

Do not add things like (1) purchase a $1000 suit or (2) purchase a $700 couch or (3) purchase a $50 cat tower or (4) purchase $200 worth of weed, alcohol and cigars.

Once you have your objectives listed for this week, think of slightly bigger-picture things you'd like to do. Things like selling, donating and removing items you no longer have a need for. Your mom's furniture - perfect example. Setting a goal of saving some amount of money by the end of the month. I have no idea what your +/- looks like but try to imagine how much extra money you'd like to have in savings by 9/30 and then come up with how that's going to happen. Things like not buying a $1000 suit or $700 couch his week would be a great way keep that 9/30 target $ in mind.

In other words, you need to tighten up your "circle of control". Focus on what's right around you - immediately within your grasp that you can address. Don't try to come up with schemes or plans to somehow trick a governmental agency into letting you have the money. This is a fool's errand. The time you spend trying to outsmart lawyers could instead be spent looking for a job or getting furniture at a place like Salvation Army (or where ever). Stop spending money you don't have (even though you think you do) and focus on what you need to do in order to get through this week. Do it again next Sunday.
This is a better idea.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Going in for consult #3 might be playing with fire. I think I need to hunker down and wait.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

But thats the most hellish option. Sitting and waiting.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Also, don't buy a gun
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Smoove_B wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:07 pm
Drazzil wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:44 pmI can't tell if that was directed at me or...
It absolutely was. I understand the best with analogies and I'm hoping this helps to make things clearer for you.

Currently you're on fire. Like, full-on blazing with flames and smoke. You know that you're on fire - you have complete awareness that your flesh is melting and things are bad. You're asking people how to help put the fire out, and not surprisingly quite a few people have suggested various things to do. Maybe find a bucket of sand. Perhaps consider rolling around for a bit on the ground. Is there a fire-extinguisher handy? After the fire is out, maybe try to figure out how it was started in the first place so it doesn't immediately happen again?

Instead, after people offer their advice, you indicate that all sounds great but you're going to stick a fork into an electrical outlet because you think that it's your best option and it will help. Or you're just going to ignore the fire completely and purchase a mobile home and drive to Oregon. Either or.

[table-flipping.gif]

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not suggesting we (collectively) have the answers. But it reads like a group of people are giving you a general direction to head in and you're Drazziling in the opposite direction. You don't need to follow anyone's advice, but appreciate that actively doing the opposite is...strange.
Or, more accurately, you head out, still burning, to get a fire extinguisher. Then you come back and ask what you should do about the flames. We say fire extinguishers, sand, rolling. You agree and head out. Then you come back and ask what you should do about the flames. We say fire extinguishers, sand, rolling. You head out. You come back and said that you picked up gasoline and dynamite, then ask if it was a good idea. We say no, fire extinguishers, sand, rolling. You admit you made a mistake, say that you realize you're being a fool, and head out to trade them for an extinguisher.

Then you come back an hour later, say that you really don't want to get rid of the gasoline and dynamite and ask if that's a good idea.

Then when nobody answers you, you say that you have a new plan: You are keeping the gasoline and dynamite, and you'd really like to get some dry kindling, too.

---------------

People are getting mad because we give you answers to your questions, you agree that they're the right answers, then ignore them and come back apparently seeking approval for what you know is wrong.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

You almost nailed it.
Blackhawk wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:51 pm Then you come back an hour later, say that you really don't want to get rid of the gasoline and dynamite and ask if that's a good idea.

Then when nobody answers you, you say that you have a new plan: You are keeping the gasoline and dynamite, and you'd really like to get some dry kindling, too.
He comes back an hour later, asks if anyone thinks it's ok to stay on fire if he knows there is a standing puddle in the backyard if he should really need it.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Asking the government agency if they want to enforce the lien? The answer is yes, that's why they sent you the letter! Can they? A lawyer who does that work may know. Not me. Not you. Talking to them instead of making an attorney do it for you violates Mr. Fed rule #1. Shut the fuck up. Stop digging yourself deeper.
Smoove_B wrote:No one (short of adherents to Discordianism) would suggest that.
Not everyone. Hail Eris!

The maddening thing is you want to use your management degree but your judgment is so shot that you're flailing around just making chaos. You have clear things to do -- see Smoove -- but you keep running away from that. You don't need to post here to know your instincts are terribly self-destructive. But you do it anyway. Over and over, ignoring sound advice.

Being a functional adult is all about telling yourself to do something you don't want to do. Over and over. And owning it. Finding a way to make it through or survive a bad situation -- see Blackhawk or GreenGoo. Changing when something isn't working.

I expect better judgment out of my 9 and 11 year old in managing their Type 1 diabetes than you're showing right now. Your touchstone right now should be -- does this help me get focused to get a job? Or another productive goal. If not, focus your energy elsewhere.

Think of it this way: You could have said -- I sold my illegal stuff and some other furniture so I don't have to tap into the EDD funds to get some rest in a new couch so I can get mentally ready for a job interview. Instead you backed into it sideways after buying the furniture and having regrets, then asking us and getting defensive. I doubt you'll follow through, but you need to find a way to focus and get your shit together.

If you can't take Smoove's steps on your own, you need a professional to help.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Zarathud wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:23 am Asking the government agency if they want to enforce the lien? The answer is yes, that's why they sent you the letter! Can they? A lawyer who does that work may know. Not me. Not you. Talking to them instead of making an attorney do it for you violates Mr. Fed rule #1. Shut the fuck up. Stop digging yourself deeper.
Smoove_B wrote:No one (short of adherents to Discordianism) would suggest that.
Not everyone. Hail Eris!

The maddening thing is you want to use your management degree but your judgment is so shot that you're flailing around just making chaos. You have clear things to do -- see Smoove -- but you keep running away from that. You don't need to post here to know your instincts are terribly self-destructive. But you do it anyway. Over and over, ignoring sound advice.

Being a functional adult is all about telling yourself to do something you don't want to do. Over and over. And owning it. Finding a way to make it through or survive a bad situation -- see Blackhawk or GreenGoo. Changing when something isn't working.

I expect better judgment out of my 9 and 11 year old in managing their Type 1 diabetes than you're showing right now. Your touchstone right now should be -- does this help me get focused to get a job? Or another productive goal. If not, focus your energy elsewhere.

Think of it this way: You could have said -- I sold my illegal stuff and some other furniture so I don't have to tap into the EDD funds to get some rest in a new couch so I can get mentally ready for a job interview. Instead you backed into it sideways after buying the furniture and having regrets, then asking us and getting defensive. I doubt you'll follow through, but you need to find a way to focus and get your shit together.

If you can't take Smoove's steps on your own, you need a professional to help.
Yep.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Drazzil wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:50 pm
Daehawk wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:37 pm You have solar power?
The apartment I rent does, why?
No one around here has it. Kinda rare still when it shouldn't be.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Drazzil wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:56 pm

Secondly I think I should set a sobriety date for sometime in the next two weeks and give up and surrender any further alcoholic substances. Ive tapered off about as far down as I can go without surrendering such substances. edit for: And pot. Got to give up pot.

Now would be the time to quit. So I need to pick a date and circle it and go for it.

Suggestions?

Oh yeah. I have an AA meeting picked.
Dude, a lot of places do drug testing now, don't you realize that? And doesn't THC stay in your system for a while? Pot needs to stop immediately. You keep self destructing.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Drazzil

Re: Drazzil mega thread: Positive thinking.

Post by Drazzil »

I've been thinking about the positive lately.
I went to a doctors appt. Got checked out. My blood pressure was "amazing" Like I think she was amazed that someone of my size had such good blood pressure. Then I saw the doctor and got a flu shot.

I need to count my blessings. Im still young. I am apparently in great health. My mom is well cared for and doing well. Even if I have to pay a lien I still have cash left over. I am debt free. I have no more student loans. I have an awesome business degree. The economy is (apparently) doing great. I have an awesome talented and most of all *patient* group of guys and gals to lean on who know more then I could ever hope to. I have my family of five cats who though a few may not live to see the end of the year, I can take comfort that they led *awesome* lives. Oh and I still have all my teeth and a roof over my head.

Oh and tomorrow is my first AA meeting in a year

Tuesday 6:30:00 AM Attitude Adjustment 9260 Mango Ave. Mango and Randall, 1st Presbyterian Church

So looking forward to that.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Grifman wrote:
Drazzil wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:56 pm

Secondly I think I should set a sobriety date for sometime in the next two weeks and give up and surrender any further alcoholic substances. Ive tapered off about as far down as I can go without surrendering such substances. edit for: And pot. Got to give up pot.

Now would be the time to quit. So I need to pick a date and circle it and go for it.

Suggestions?

Oh yeah. I have an AA meeting picked.
Dude, a lot of places do drug testing now, don't you realize that? And doesn't THC stay in your system for a while? Pot needs to stop immediately. You keep self destructing.
Smoking pot while looking for a job is a really bad idea.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

You Negative Nancys are failing to realize how much things are going to turn around for him once Opposite Day rolls around.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Am I being mocked for being positive or for posting the name of the AA meeting I want to attend or because you folks figured I was high when I posted. I'm a little confused?
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Maybe you guys are right to be jaded. But watch and see if I dont attend that meeting tomorrow. ;)
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

One more piece of positive thinking; I've met an EDD judge. They aren't warm and fuzzy or your friend, but they are fair and more then willing to rule against EDD. As I have already found out years ago.

If I am put in a position where I owe back by my lawyer I will be most enthusiastically throw him under the bus. I will tell the honest truth, if it doesen't set me free, it might put me on a good payment plan.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Stay positive!

killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

Drazzil wrote: Tuesday 6:30:00 AM
Attitude Adjustment
9260 Mango Ave. Mango and Randall, 1st Presbyterian Church
Good luck. I mean it. I give up on you a lot, but these nice OO people keep believing in you. Don't let them down. If you do, we are all here to lift you up again.
There is no hug button. Sad!
Holman

Post by Holman »

Drazzil wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:48 pm Maybe you guys are right to be jaded. But watch and see if I dont attend that meeting tomorrow. ;)
Be there. This is the change your life needs.

As you probably know, addressing addictive behaviors isn't just about drug/alc use itself. It's about so much that follows from getting in charge of your choices.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Drazzil wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:43 pm Am I being mocked for being positive or for posting the name of the AA meeting I want to attend or because you folks figured I was high when I posted. I'm a little confused?
You are being mocked a little, yes. It's because you have bruised the trust of the people trying to help you (see the last two pages if you don't get why.) But they're good people who want to help people who need it. If you can show them you're taking their trust to heart, taking steps, and heeding the good advice, then , over time, the mocking will stop and they'll go back to supporting you. That's how trust works.

But we're talking making changes, not just in your life, but in your thinking as reflected here. Changes, not plans for change or wishes for change. There's a difference.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Holman wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:15 pm
Drazzil wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:48 pm Maybe you guys are right to be jaded. But watch and see if I dont attend that meeting tomorrow. ;)
Be there. This is the change your life needs.

As you probably know, addressing addictive behaviors isn't just about drug/alc use itself. It's about so much that follows from getting in charge of your choices.
I got off the phone with my lawyer.

He says "stop calling my office about that piece of paper, EDD doesent know why they filed that, I asked them, they want to go after the defense for more money... It does not concern you, I would not put my clients in harms way like that."

I can say I sort of believe him.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

So I still plan to conduct myself as if EDD were coming for that money. No couches or cat condos.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Drazzil wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:57 pm So I still plan to conduct myself as if EDD were coming for that money. No couches or cat condos.
It may not feel as immediately gratifying, but that's undeniably the correct approach; plan for the worst, and hope for the best.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I'm 80% sure at this point the money's mine. [If its not I am SURE to have an intresting story for the EDD judge ]

I"m not even gonna put the money back, just let it sit in my safety deposit box in the bank, in the form of a cashiers check from me, to me.

I'll roll the money. into a new cashiers check in five months time.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Why not put it in a 90-day CD?
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:42 pm Why not put it in a 90-day CD?
After earning 0.75% APY he might be able to afford the gas to pick up the free couch from CL.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Problem solved!
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:18 pm Problem solved!
Ermm... Liens make my asshole pucker. Im keeping the money where its at.
DD*

Post by DD* »

Once this is cleaned up, the absolute best thing you could do is put all or most of those funds where you cannot access them. Remove the temptation.
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

DD* wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:28 am Once this is cleaned up, the absolute best thing you could do is put all or most of those funds where you cannot access them. Remove the temptation.
Im not comfortable with my money in the banking system right now.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

ie - I'm not taking your advice.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Drazzil wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:03 pm
DD* wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:28 am Once this is cleaned up, the absolute best thing you could do is put all or most of those funds where you cannot access them. Remove the temptation.
You have all your money in cash? :shock:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

McNutt wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:07 pm ie - I'm not taking your advice.
That's pretty much SOP for Drazzil. His tendency to be constantly paranoid and willing to engage in conspiracy theory doesn't help.
Hodor.
DD*

Post by DD* »

Drazzil wrote:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Drazzil wrote:
Ok I'll bite. Is this because you don't want to leave an electronic trail for the state to seize your settlement cash? Or is trusting the FDIC a suckers bet?
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?