Drazzil Mega Thread: Round table panel skills presentation +Took a home drug test for THC; failed at 45 days sobriety.

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Blackhawk

Re: Drazzil mega thread: Bought a couch and cat tower from costco

Post by Blackhawk »

Kraken wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:08 pm That said, $620 is not worth beating yourself up over. Hopefully you'll be building a new life long before you get down to your last $620. To me, the main bummer is that now you're going to haul that stuff along with you. If you're really contemplating a long-distance move, you want to be divesting and downsizing until then.
Keep in mind that this isn't exactly his money yet. There may be a lien on it, and a judge may order it returned.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Blackhawk wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:40 pm
Drazzil wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:34 pm I cant defend this shit. fuck. im sorry. I made a terrible emotional decision today. I cant paper it over by selling a hard asset.
If you honestly believe that, and you act on it, then you are taking a huge step, and kudos.
Drazzil wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:56 pm Okay; Heres the idea: I keep the couch and the snazzy cat condo. Also. I want a working console.

Nevermind.
Drazzil wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:56 pm
Am I reasoning off? Wrong somehow? Now'd be the time guys. I've turned. my life over to the hive.
We have answered this question at least thirty or forty times in this thread. At this point you either know the answer, or you're beyond our help, and we're all wasting our time.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

The skeptic in me keeps reading this thread, seeing you guys give well intentioned suggestions and advise, and constantly being fed one inane story after another. Cant help but feel that Draz is enjoying the attention and just keeps making shit up to keep it going. If I'm wrong, apologies. If not, you should be ashamed.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

stimpy wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:43 am The skeptic in me keeps reading this thread, seeing you guys give well intentioned suggestions and advise, and constantly being fed one inane story after another. Cant help but feel that Draz is enjoying the attention and just keeps making shit up to keep it going. If I'm wrong, apologies. If not, you should be ashamed.
I am considering this possibility as well. A fish out of water doesn't flip-flop this much.
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

stimpy wrote:The skeptic in me keeps reading this thread, seeing you guys give well intentioned suggestions and advise, and constantly being fed one inane story after another. Cant help but feel that Draz is enjoying the attention and just keeps making shit up to keep it going. If I'm wrong, apologies. If not, you should be ashamed.
I've been thinking this is BS for quite some time.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Blackhawk wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:35 am
Kraken wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:08 pm That said, $620 is not worth beating yourself up over. Hopefully you'll be building a new life long before you get down to your last $620. To me, the main bummer is that now you're going to haul that stuff along with you. If you're really contemplating a long-distance move, you want to be divesting and downsizing until then.
Keep in mind that this isn't exactly his money yet. There may be a lien on it, and a judge may order it returned.
Many of the poor folk that I know share a tendency to immediately blow whatever money comes their way because (1) they have a ton of pent-up demand, (2) they never know when they'll have another windfall, and (3) they're afraid that if they don't spend it someone will take it away. It's part of the reason they stay poor, and yet all three of those reasons are reasonable. It's not like they can invest $620 in an oil company and get rich instead. Grab something nice while you can.

Like you, I'm cautious with my money. Those same reasons make me want to hang onto every dollar that I can, because there's always another disaster right around the corner. My phone stopped working today and sent me into a panic (after a few hours I fixed it). But if you're always hedging against that, you'll never have nice things.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Drazzil wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:25 pm So full honesty here. I bought $120 in oil pen cartridges last thursday before the lien arrived.
That is THE MOST expensive way to consume cannabis. Plus you know in California all but like two manufactures of those carts have tested positive for pesticides, right?

Don't you know how to buy buds and roll a joint?
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Really, the thing to do at this point is head to Vegas. If he bets everything on one hand of blackjack, there is honestly a pretty good chance he could double his money. That way, even if he has to pay back all the EDD funds, he'll still have plenty of dough so that he can continue to focus on what's most important in life: leather furniture and pet toys.
naednek

Post by naednek »

Z-Corn wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:25 am
Drazzil wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:25 pm So full honesty here. I bought $120 in oil pen cartridges last thursday before the lien arrived.
That is THE MOST expensive way to consume cannabis. Plus you know in California all but like two manufactures of those carts have tested positive for pesticides, right?

heh all this time i thought he was talking about buying some ink for a nice pen to write with.... I'm a drug virgin. Never entertained the thought.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Drazzil wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:58 pmI'm giving up the booze and weed on monday.
No one that is serious about giving something up sets the moment of giving it up in the future. That's just an excuse. If you are serious about giving up booze and weed, do it now. Not tomorrow, not tonight, not next Thursday.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
DD*

Post by DD* »

If this is serious - and I’m with the more than a few that have doubts - Salvation Army or similar thrift stores are a viable alternative for clothing, especially formal coat and tie stuff. I have a closet full of SA ties I wore for years, except I paid $1 no $30. Still came from Huds8ns Men’s store, just a longer journey.

Same with furniture if it is really needed. There are options, which has really been the point of this whole thread.

I really hesitate to post because I’m not much of an attention whore, but you’ve all probably seen the thread on the classic car I just bought. I can afford it, easily - doesn’t even dent my budget, really. Yet I agonized for weeks and months over making that purchase and only pulled the trigger after my oncologist told my family I was 50/50 at walking out of the hospital back in June. Figured it was time to fish or cut bait, and I’m 99% certain that should I not be around, my estate can sell it for what I have in it. Now my kids and I can do a few shows and make some memories, which was the intent, but it was a hard choice to spend the money.

Listening to this horseshit about fucking cat towers and leather couches, not to mention the drug stuff just absolutely blows me away. As someone noted previously, no survival instincts at all. Or possibly epic troll. One of the two, anyway.

I now go back to watching the show....
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

DD* wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:14 am If this is serious - and I’m with the more than a few that have doubts - Salvation Army or similar thrift stores are a viable alternative for clothing, especially formal coat and tie stuff. I have a closet full of SA ties I wore for years, except I paid $1 no $30. Still came from Huds8ns Men’s store, just a longer journey.

Same with furniture if it is really needed. There are options, which has really been the point of this whole thread.

I really hesitate to post because I’m not much of an attention whore, but you’ve all probably seen the thread on the classic car I just bought. I can afford it, easily - doesn’t even dent my budget, really. Yet I agonized for weeks and months over making that purchase and only pulled the trigger after my oncologist told my family I was 50/50 at walking out of the hospital back in June. Figured it was time to fish or cut bait, and I’m 99% certain that should I not be around, my estate can sell it for what I have in it. Now my kids and I can do a few shows and make some memories, which was the intent, but it was a hard choice to spend the money.

Listening to this horseshit about fucking cat towers and leather couches, not to mention the drug stuff just absolutely blows me away. As someone noted previously, no survival instincts at all. Or possibly epic troll. One of the two, anyway.

I now go back to watching the show....
Goddamnit. This is why I didn't share everything. I've been planning to replace that goddamn couch for years. I'm not an epic troll. I've told the board everything now. Its all out there.

You guys think Im trolling?

Heres my 25 year old matress

Heres my stiizy pen

Heres where I live

Heres my car. The 12 year old corolla.

Heres my legal paperwork

Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I have taken the unusual step of posting EVERYTHING here. I'm not a troll I'm a real person. You guys know more about me then anyone on the planet earth.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

By the way I cancelled the stuff. I wouljd have gone thru with it but I can tell that the people who invested time in me were upset by this decision I made, so this is me in a mea culpa.

Fuck I wanted that cat condo and couch so bad.

😔
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

RunningMn9 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:58 am
Drazzil wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:58 pmI'm giving up the booze and weed on monday.
No one that is serious about giving something up sets the moment of giving it up in the future. That's just an excuse. If you are serious about giving up booze and weed, do it now. Not tomorrow, not tonight, not next Thursday.
Yep.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Anyone who thinks I am a troll I would be perfectly happy to give them my phone # or we can video conference.

PM me if interested.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I wanted to see if I could sell my moms armorie and cover some of the cost.

I have an antique shop waiting for a photo.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Drazzil wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:42 pm By the way I cancelled the stuff. I wouljd have gone thru with it but I can tell that the people who invested time in me were upset by this decision I made, so this is me in a mea culpa.

😔
Don't passive-aggressively put this on OO, that's weak sauce. Folks here have decided to try and provide you with advice, but your decisions are all yours.

Part of being an adult is owning your choices, whatever they may be.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Oh yeah. I was going to ask you guys about the viability of selling my paraphenelia on e bay or craigs list vs giving it to my friend to be destroyed.

Pros? Cons?
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Skinypupy wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:54 pm
Drazzil wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:42 pm By the way I cancelled the stuff. I wouljd have gone thru with it but I can tell that the people who invested time in me were upset by this decision I made, so this is me in a mea culpa.

😔
Don't passive-aggressively put this on OO, that's weak sauce. Folks here have decided to try and provide you with advice, but your decisions are all yours.

Part of being an adult is owning your choices, whatever they may be.
I'm not putting anything on OO, If it appeared that way I am sorry. That was never my intent. I am the one asking for advice. I was merely communicating that going back on this decision is quite emotionally painful. As it should be, I screwed up.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

My maturation as an adult led to a shortening of the time between when I did a thing and when I realized that I’d screwed up. The really hard part is to realize that you’re about to screw up, and avoid it.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

😔
I truly don't say this to be mean, but most people learn the distinction between a want and a need when they are children.

If you cancelled the order because you didn't want to further exasperate internet people, rather than because you understand why it was not appropriate while in a precarious financial position, then you actually may not have the ability to make financial decisions for yourself. Maybe it's because you never learned. Maybe it's because you have psychological issues that manifest as self-sabotage. I honestly believe your best path forward is to be seeing a counselor at least weekly. That's a need worth paying for.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

FFFFFFFUUUUUUCCCCCK!!!!!!

So I'm guessing that you guys would be really down on me if I AGAIN brought up the idea of selling every inch of silver I have.

If I do this I'll have enough to cover the couch, the cat condo AND a new console should this one be unfixable.

Alternate idea, one I hadn't considered before now, because it's kind of like walking into the lion's den.

I could call the EDD number on the lien and *ask* them if they are coming for me. If the answer is yes however, that means I have just told them I recieved lien docs. They have no proof of service yet, which can be legally advantageous for me. I can continue to [legally] act with my money as I will and they cannot yet hold it against me.

If the answer is no, and they are coming for my carrier as two lawyers suggested, then I'm clear of this shit. I told the second lawyer about the SDI payments and the workers comp award and he said thats not double dipping.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Enlarge Image
Maybe next year, maybe no go
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

naednek wrote:
Z-Corn wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:25 am

heh all this time i thought he was talking about buying some ink for a nice pen to write with.... I'm a drug virgin. Never entertained the thought.
I had to look it up myself also thinking he invested in some high end calligraphy pens.

Kids today and their toys...
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Hamlet3145 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:22 pm

😔
I truly don't say this to be mean, but most people learn the distinction between a want and a need when they are children.

If you cancelled the order because you didn't want to further exasperate internet people, rather than because you understand why it was not appropriate while in a precarious financial position, then you actually may not have the ability to make financial decisions for yourself. Maybe it's because you never learned. Maybe it's because you have psychological issues that manifest as self-sabotage. I honestly believe your best path forward is to be seeing a counselor at least weekly. That's a need worth paying for.
Okay. You're right.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Smoove_B wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:36 pm Enlarge Image
I can't tell if that was directed at me or...
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Drazzil, just quit posting here til you get your shit together. This thread, and all the others, only make things worse.
Hodor.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

He needs a life coach.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Smoove_B wrote:Enlarge Image
I'm on my phone so it's not as easy to post it but someone should find the Alan Rickman gif of him slowly flipping a table. It was really artistic and beautiful to watch.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Isgrimnur

Drazzil mega thread: Bought a couch and cat tower from costco

Post by Isgrimnur »

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Isgrimnur wrote:Image
Thanks! I miss Alan Rickman. Image
Black lives matter!

Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

pr0ner wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:48 pm Drazzil, just quit posting here til you get your shit together. This thread, and all the others, only make things worse.
Why? This thread? This thread took real balls. I have just revealed every last fucked up detail, every stupid decision I have ever made. Opened myself to immense criticism, most of it rightfully. If there is a single critism of me that I hear its that I'm not listening...

And I just realized why. You give good advice and I argue. I try to find ways to do shit anyway. It just clicked.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:clap:
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Drazzil wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:44 pmI can't tell if that was directed at me or...
It absolutely was. I understand the best with analogies and I'm hoping this helps to make things clearer for you.

Currently you're on fire. Like, full-on blazing with flames and smoke. You know that you're on fire - you have complete awareness that your flesh is melting and things are bad. You're asking people how to help put the fire out, and not surprisingly quite a few people have suggested various things to do. Maybe find a bucket of sand. Perhaps consider rolling around for a bit on the ground. Is there a fire-extinguisher handy? After the fire is out, maybe try to figure out how it was started in the first place so it doesn't immediately happen again?

Instead, after people offer their advice, you indicate that all sounds great but you're going to stick a fork into an electrical outlet because you think that it's your best option and it will help. Or you're just going to ignore the fire completely and purchase a mobile home and drive to Oregon. Either or.

[table-flipping.gif]

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not suggesting we (collectively) have the answers. But it reads like a group of people are giving you a general direction to head in and you're Drazziling in the opposite direction. You don't need to follow anyone's advice, but appreciate that actively doing the opposite is...strange.
Last edited by Smoove_B on Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Drazzil wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:30 pm FFFFFFFUUUUUUCCCCCK!!!!!!

So I'm guessing that you guys would be really down on me if I AGAIN brought up the idea of selling every inch of silver I have.

If I do this I'll have enough to cover the couch, the cat condo AND a new console should this one be unfixable.

Alternate idea, one I hadn't considered before now, because it's kind of like walking into the lion's den.

I could call the EDD number on the lien and *ask* them if they are coming for me. If the answer is yes however, that means I have just told them I recieved lien docs. They have no proof of service yet, which can be legally advantageous for me. I can continue to [legally] act with my money as I will and they cannot yet hold it against me.

If the answer is no, and they are coming for my carrier as two lawyers suggested, then I'm clear of this shit. I told the second lawyer about the SDI payments and the workers comp award and he said thats not double dipping.
I'm guessing the first part is a shit plan but what about part 2? The part where I just *ask* them if they want my settlement?
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Smoove_B wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:07 pm
Drazzil wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:44 pmI can't tell if that was directed at me or...
It absolutely was. I understand the best with analogies and I'm hoping this helps to make things clearer for you.

Currently you're on fire. Like, full-on blazing with flames and smoke. You know that you're on fire - you have complete awareness that your flesh is melting and things are bad. You're asking people how to help put the fire out, and not surprisingly quite a few people have suggested various things to do. Maybe find a bucket of sand. Perhaps consider rolling around for a bit on the ground. Is there a fire-extinguisher handy? After the fire is out, maybe try to figure out how it was started in the first place so it doesn't immediately happen again?

Instead, after people offer their advice, you indicate that all sounds great but you're going to stick a fork into an electrical outlet because you think that it's your best option and it will help. Or you're just going to ignore the fire completely and purchase a mobile home and drive to Oregon. Either or.

[table-flipping.gif]

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not suggesting we (collectively) have the answers. But it reads like a group of people are giving you a general direction to head in and you're Drazziling in the opposite direction. You don't need to follow anyone's advice, but appreciate that actively doing the opposite is...strange.
Yes it is, yes you're right. Now I'm starting to see.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I know someone here suggested calling the edd earlier. My lawyer said he would find out what this was about, but I couldn't get him to commit to a time frame on getting back to me.

I *could* call the EDD or just go down to the office on monday.

I may be giving up the legal advantage of saying "I didn't know about this" I dont know rules of service regarding liens, but I don't think first class mail is proof of service.

On the other hand either way I might get the chance to put this to bed either way.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

You have solar power?
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:37 pm You have solar power?
The apartment I rent does, why?