Fundraising for 2019/2020. 12 Month renewal is up Oct 21/2019. $382.44 USD of roughly $1700 USD (CDN conversion) as of Aug 13/2019. Paypal Donation Link Here

Drazzil Mega Thread: Man! Finding furniture in Portland is easy!

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Post Reply
User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 61094
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Chookity pok
Contact:
Isgrimnur’s avatar
Snooze

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: Everythings ready to go, now I need advice on finding a place.

Post by Isgrimnur » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:43 am

HousingWire: Top 10 cities where low-income housing sees best performance

Drazzil
Posts: 3057
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:54 pm

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: Need more Portland advice

Post by Drazzil » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:19 pm

LawBeefaroni wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:40 am
Drazzil wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:32 pm

If I still cant find a place that accepts section 8 and my cats or find work I might just look for other cities to live in.
There's always Chicago.

Enlarge Image


But seriously, if it's between a bad situation with cats or a home without cats (temporarily), please consider giving up the cats.
The cats are my only family I have left.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.

User avatar
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator
Posts: 46354
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:08 pm
Location: Urbs in Horto, where we only use the old smilies

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: Everythings ready to go, now I need advice on finding a place.

Post by LawBeefaroni » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:07 pm

Cat are great. I love cats. Some of my best friends are cats. But unlike actual family, you can always get new cats.

You owe it to yourself and future cats to get your life on track ASAP. If having cats is a hindrance, I would advise not having cats.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT

User avatar
Blackhawk
Posts: 26681
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:48 pm
Location: Southwest Indiana
Contact:
Blackhawk’s avatar
Offline

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: Everythings ready to go, now I need advice on finding a place.

Post by Blackhawk » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:11 pm

Situation 1: You insist on keeping the cats, and either end up back where you started or homeless. The cats suffer.
Situation 2: The cats go to good homes and are happy. You have probably ten times the options for housing. You get your life on track, and eventually look into getting new cats. Both you and the various cats are happy.
Situation 3: You find a perfect place that accepts you and your cats and everything works out perfectly. (Note: This is the least likely, and yet the one you are banking on occurring, and will most likely just force Situation 1, above.)

But you know all of this. You've been told probably fifty times in this thread from people with more experience than you, from people who have their lives on track, from people who have pointed out your mistakes in the past and were right. If you choose to ignore all of that, that's on you.
[This space left intentionally blank.]

User avatar
dbt1949
Posts: 20749
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:34 am
Location: Hogeye Arkansas

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: Everythings ready to go, now I need advice on finding a place.

Post by dbt1949 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:59 pm

I must admit if I was in the situation and I had my little dogs I'd be hard pressed to get rid of them.
Of course I'd probably buy some camping equipment and camp out a few months until I could change the situation. In the meantime I'd get a PO Box and take showers in a campgound or YMCA or such.
And have a cell phone of course.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949

User avatar
Kraken
Posts: 34114
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:59 pm
Location: The Hub of the Universe
Contact:
Kraken’s avatar
Offline

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: Everythings ready to go, now I need advice on finding a place.

Post by Kraken » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:44 pm

dbt1949 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:59 pm
I must admit if I was in the situation and I had my little dogs I'd be hard pressed to get rid of them.
Of course I'd probably buy some camping equipment and camp out a few months until I could change the situation. In the meantime I'd get a PO Box and take showers in a campgound or YMCA or such.
And have a cell phone of course.
I did that when I moved away to go to college. Lived in a tent at a KoA -- with my cat -- for a couple of weeks. Got a job washing dishes right away, found an apartment within a few days. I was 21 years old, and I do not recommend this. But it's not completely unrealistic. I did it.

User avatar
hitbyambulance
Posts: 6121
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:51 am
Location: Map Ref 47.6°N 122.35°W
Contact:
Battlefinch’s avatar
Offline

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: What if I had No cats?

Post by hitbyambulance » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:18 am

Drazzil wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:06 pm
So if these cats die soonish, that would leave me with the youngest two. I do not think they are super attached to me yet. I mean they love me but I dont think they would be shattered if someone else took them like the dying ones would.

They could be fostered fairly easily.

So I could be free to go where ever I please. Cat free.

User avatar
em2nought
Posts: 3471
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:48 am

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: What if I had No cats?

Post by em2nought » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:52 am

hitbyambulance wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:18 am
Drazzil wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:06 pm
So if these cats die soonish, that would leave me with the youngest two. I do not think they are super attached to me yet. I mean they love me but I dont think they would be shattered if someone else took them like the dying ones would.

They could be fostered fairly easily.

So I could be free to go where ever I please. Cat free.
I've always thought that "cat" people and hoarders share some similar trait. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Enlarge Image
Waiting for the tide to bring me a sail.

Drazzil
Posts: 3057
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:54 pm

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: What if I had No cats?

Post by Drazzil » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:05 pm

em2nought wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:52 am
hitbyambulance wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:18 am
Drazzil wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:06 pm
So if these cats die soonish, that would leave me with the youngest two. I do not think they are super attached to me yet. I mean they love me but I dont think they would be shattered if someone else took them like the dying ones would.

They could be fostered fairly easily.

So I could be free to go where ever I please. Cat free.
I've always thought that "cat" people and hoarders share some similar trait. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Enlarge Image
I was absolutely a hoarder. Mom was as well. You guys have no idea how much I hoarded. I threw out SO much stuff. As for the trip to Portland I think I have things covered now. Janet the case manager from the Transition Housing program CHAT program says they can't help me from San Bernardino, but once I get to Portland I will DEFINITELY find space in their shelter that does take cats, and as soon as I call her when I'm in town she will get someone to help me find an apartment.
It looks like I'm set.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.

User avatar
Alefroth
Posts: 4538
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:56 pm
Location: Bellingham WA

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: Everythings ready to go, now I need advice on finding a place.

Post by Alefroth » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:09 pm

Portland or bust!

Drazzil
Posts: 3057
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:54 pm

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: Everythings ready to go, now I need advice on finding a place.

Post by Drazzil » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:27 pm

Alefroth wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:09 pm
Portland or bust!
Yep.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.

User avatar
Alefroth
Posts: 4538
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:56 pm
Location: Bellingham WA

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: Everythings ready to go, now I need advice on finding a place.

Post by Alefroth » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:06 pm

Drazzil wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:27 pm
Alefroth wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:09 pm
Portland or bust!
Yep.
Good luck, man. You can do it.

User avatar
Blackhawk
Posts: 26681
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:48 pm
Location: Southwest Indiana
Contact:
Blackhawk’s avatar
Offline

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: Everythings ready to go, now I need advice on finding a place.

Post by Blackhawk » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:10 pm

Kraken wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:44 pm
dbt1949 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:59 pm
I must admit if I was in the situation and I had my little dogs I'd be hard pressed to get rid of them.
Of course I'd probably buy some camping equipment and camp out a few months until I could change the situation. In the meantime I'd get a PO Box and take showers in a campgound or YMCA or such.
And have a cell phone of course.
I did that when I moved away to go to college. Lived in a tent at a KoA -- with my cat -- for a couple of weeks. Got a job washing dishes right away, found an apartment within a few days. I was 21 years old, and I do not recommend this. But it's not completely unrealistic. I did it.
Michelle and I did this when we first moved to Reno together in '95 as well. I was 22, and ours was also a KoA. I couldn't pull tent life off anymore, though.
[This space left intentionally blank.]

User avatar
Alefroth
Posts: 4538
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:56 pm
Location: Bellingham WA

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: Everythings ready to go, now I need advice on finding a place.

Post by Alefroth » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:21 pm

Blackhawk wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:10 pm
Kraken wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:44 pm
dbt1949 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:59 pm
I must admit if I was in the situation and I had my little dogs I'd be hard pressed to get rid of them.
Of course I'd probably buy some camping equipment and camp out a few months until I could change the situation. In the meantime I'd get a PO Box and take showers in a campgound or YMCA or such.
And have a cell phone of course.
I did that when I moved away to go to college. Lived in a tent at a KoA -- with my cat -- for a couple of weeks. Got a job washing dishes right away, found an apartment within a few days. I was 21 years old, and I do not recommend this. But it's not completely unrealistic. I did it.
Michelle and I did this when we first moved to Reno together in '95 as well. I was 22, and ours was also a KoA. I couldn't pull tent life off anymore, though.
Ditto my wife and I back in '93 when we moved to Bellingham. Not KoA, but a State Park. Luckily we found a landlady who was willing to rent to a couple with no references and no jobs. And two cats.

User avatar
em2nought
Posts: 3471
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:48 am

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: Everythings ready to go, now I need advice on finding a place.

Post by em2nought » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:48 pm

Waiting for the tide to bring me a sail.

Jeff V
Posts: 31459
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:17 pm
Location: Nowhere you want to be.

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: Everythings ready to go, now I need advice on finding a place.

Post by Jeff V » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:35 pm

is the Matt Foley option off the table for some reason?

Drazzil
Posts: 3057
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:54 pm

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: Everythings ready to go, now I need advice on finding a place.

Post by Drazzil » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:14 am

Man I just found something out today... Section 8 certificate is a ticking time bomb If I don't find a place in Portland in 3 months it expires... :shock:

Scary shit. Especially since Portland has a housing crisis.

Fuuuuuck.

Booked an air bnb for me and my cats for two weeks to do my orientation. I leave monday morning. Orientation is wednesday. Hope to find a place ASAP.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.

User avatar
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator
Posts: 46354
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:08 pm
Location: Urbs in Horto, where we only use the old smilies

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: Everythings ready to go, now I need advice on finding a place.

Post by LawBeefaroni » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:03 pm

Good luck and safe travels, Draz.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT

Drazzil
Posts: 3057
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:54 pm

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: Need advice about sick cat, should I put her down?

Post by Drazzil » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:44 pm

So, my 10 year old cat boots seems to be at the end of her rope. She has had IBD her whole life, getting progressively worse her whole life. She vomits a bit sometimes and shits food as soon as she eats it. She's rail thin. I've tried several courses of prednisone, with less effect with every round.

The last time I drove her to LA county (a thirty minute drive) to see the vet, on the way back she passed out and drooled and foamed at the mouth.

I think theres more chance then not she would die on the way to Portland. I don't want her last day on earth to be terrified and stroked out in a cage, terrified.

That being said, she still has quality of life. She loves being petted, she's happy and plays with the other cats. It'd be even harder to find an apt that would take three cats instead of 2, even if she survived, it would make it a little more difficult to find a place, unless I got a therapist to certify them as emotional support in Oregon [super easy I'm told] So if I get her put down, it might be cheating her of her last months of good life.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.

User avatar
em2nought
Posts: 3471
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:48 am

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: Need advice about sick cat, should I put her down?

Post by em2nought » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:48 am

It doesn't sound like she has quality of life anymore, and I think that's your answer. Sorry about your kitty.
Waiting for the tide to bring me a sail.

Drazzil
Posts: 3057
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:54 pm

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: My g-dd-mned cats are taking turns screwing me.

Post by Drazzil » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:28 pm

So I've been cleaning house. Its empty cept for a few things that I'm holding onto while I waited for one cat to emerge from a hole in the goddamned wall. It was in the fucking wall hiding behind something where I couldn't reach it. The cat finally emerged so I woke up from my nap and noticed she was out. I rushed to plug the hole with a blanket, and threw the first cat in a room where she couldn't hide, only to have a second cat PRY THE FUCKING GODDAMNED BLANKET LOOSE FROM THE MOTHERFUCKING HOLE and go hide in the same whorefucking hole!!!

I now missed my first day of airbnb. I won't be in Portland today because its 15 hours to get there driving nonstop.

I know that if I cant get him out by tomorrow morning I gotta leave him and let animal control deal with it. I can't miss my hud appt.

Fuck!!!!
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.

User avatar
Alefroth
Posts: 4538
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:56 pm
Location: Bellingham WA

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: My g-dd-mned cats are taking turns screwing me.

Post by Alefroth » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:38 pm

Family, love 'em or leave 'em.

User avatar
Smoove_B
Posts: 39713
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:58 am
Location: Kaer Morhen

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: My g-dd-mned cats are taking turns screwing me.

Post by Smoove_B » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:40 pm

Stop sabotaging yourself.
I'm breaking down, I'm burning out and it's not funny like on television

Drazzil
Posts: 3057
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:54 pm

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: My g-dd-mned cats are taking turns screwing me.

Post by Drazzil » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:51 pm

Smoove_B wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:40 pm
Stop sabotaging yourself.
I swear to Christ I didn't do this to myself. The cat is hiding in the wall, won't come out for food, won't answer me even though I know he's in there. I was supppsed to leave 9 this morn now I gotta wait for this idiot cat. If he's not out tomorrow I gotta leave him.

Suffering christ I'm upset.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.

User avatar
pr0ner
Posts: 14281
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Northern Virginia, VA
Contact:

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: My g-dd-mned cats are taking turns screwing me.

Post by pr0ner » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:28 am

Smoove_B wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:40 pm
Stop sabotaging yourself.
This.
Hodor.

morlac
Posts: 3482
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:25 pm
Location: Just outside the ATL

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: My g-dd-mned cats are taking turns screwing me.

Post by morlac » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:48 am

Haha.

User avatar
Jaymann
Posts: 8756
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:13 pm
Location: California

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: My g-dd-mned cats are taking turns screwing me.

Post by Jaymann » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:00 am

Image
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>

User avatar
dbt1949
Posts: 20749
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:34 am
Location: Hogeye Arkansas

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: My g-dd-mned cats are taking turns screwing me.

Post by dbt1949 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:39 pm

Hello, section 8? I can't leave, the cat's stuck in the wall.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949

Drazzil
Posts: 3057
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:54 pm

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: My g-dd-mned cats are taking turns screwing me.

Post by Drazzil » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:54 pm

pr0ner wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:28 am
Smoove_B wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:40 pm
Stop sabotaging yourself.
This.
So. The cat came out, then I thought I sealed the area with a towel. Found out this morning that devilish cat pulled out towel and resumed being wall cat. I had to leave her behind... My friend says he will trap her and have his gf bring her next she goes to oregon. It'll be costly but its the best of bad options
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.

User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 61094
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Chookity pok
Contact:
Isgrimnur’s avatar
Snooze

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: My g-dd-mned cats are taking turns screwing me.

Post by Isgrimnur » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:58 pm

Don't forget to stop at the state line, get out of the car, and shake the California dust off.

User avatar
hitbyambulance
Posts: 6121
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:51 am
Location: Map Ref 47.6°N 122.35°W
Contact:
Battlefinch’s avatar
Offline

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: My g-dd-mned cats are taking turns screwing me.

Post by hitbyambulance » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:11 pm

well, you got out. congratulations.

User avatar
dbt1949
Posts: 20749
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:34 am
Location: Hogeye Arkansas

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: My g-dd-mned cats are taking turns screwing me.

Post by dbt1949 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:32 pm

Have you arrived in Oregon yet?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949

User avatar
Jaymann
Posts: 8756
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:13 pm
Location: California

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: My g-dd-mned cats are taking turns screwing me.

Post by Jaymann » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:04 pm

He stopped to see a sneak preview of CATS.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>

User avatar
em2nought
Posts: 3471
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:48 am

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: My g-dd-mned cats are taking turns screwing me.

Post by em2nought » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:13 pm

Jaymann wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:04 pm
He stopped to see a sneak preview of CATS.
I figured he stopped at the welcome station, and let the cats out for fresh air without a leash so.... :mrgreen:
Waiting for the tide to bring me a sail.

User avatar
$iljanus
Forum Moderator
Posts: 10787
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:46 pm
Location: Under the bed...your bed...

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: My g-dd-mned cats are taking turns screwing me.

Post by $iljanus » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:21 pm

Well I figure he may not have reliable internet access and moving can be pretty hectic...or he's chasing his cats across the interstate.
tl;dr

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?

User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 61094
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Chookity pok
Contact:
Isgrimnur’s avatar
Snooze

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: My g-dd-mned cats are taking turns screwing me.

Post by Isgrimnur » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:13 pm

Naming one of them Red Rover was probably a mistake.

User avatar
dbt1949
Posts: 20749
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:34 am
Location: Hogeye Arkansas

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: My g-dd-mned cats are taking turns screwing me.

Post by dbt1949 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:56 pm

I bet he ends up in Nevada.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949

Drazzil
Posts: 3057
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:54 pm

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: My g-dd-mned cats are taking turns screwing me.

Post by Drazzil » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:01 am

I will spare you guys the latest heckish drama I've been thru and just say that I'm doing well and hope to do even better real soon.

The two remaining cats are in fine fighting spirit and the one who disappeared into the wall is being safely held in SB, and although she is physically okay, she is PISSED by being trapped and brought to a filthy strangers house where she is not treated like the dumb punchy orange goddess that she is.

She will be brought to Oregon as soon as I can find a stable spot. All's well that ends well
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.

User avatar
Anonymous Bosch
Posts: 7434
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:09 pm
Location: Northern California [originally from the UK]

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: My g-dd-mned cats are taking turns screwing me.

Post by Anonymous Bosch » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:12 am

Drazzil wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:01 am
I will spare you guys the latest heckish drama I've been thru and just say that I'm doing well and hope to do even better real soon.

The two remaining cats are in fine fighting spirit and the one who disappeared into the wall is being safely held in SB, and although she is physically okay, she is PISSED by being trapped and brought to a filthy strangers house where she is not treated like the dumb punchy orange goddess that she is.

She will be brought to Oregon as soon as I can find a stable spot. All's well that ends well
Congrats on making the move, and best wishes going forward.
"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters." -- Daniel Webster

User avatar
$iljanus
Forum Moderator
Posts: 10787
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:46 pm
Location: Under the bed...your bed...

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: My g-dd-mned cats are taking turns screwing me.

Post by $iljanus » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:25 am

Hey, glad to hear that you're not chasing cats across the interstate! Best of luck with your new start!
tl;dr

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?

Post Reply