Marvel releasing all their films in Imax late Aug early Sept.

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Marvel releasing all their films in Imax late Aug early Sept.

Post by Daehawk »

http://www.darkhorizons.com/marvel-re-r ... s-in-imax/
Continuing its 10th anniversary celebration, Marvel Studios has announced that all twenty of their movies – from 2008’s “Iron Man” to 2018’s “Ant-Man and the Wasp,” will hit IMAX screens for a limited run at the end of August through the first week of September.

The schedule will see four films a day screen every day (and in proper release order) for five days from August 30th to September 3rd, followed by two days of encores which will see eight of the films repeated. Then on September 6th will come a double feature voted on via Twitter by the fans.

This run includes the first time that “Iron Man,” “Captain America: The First Avenger” and “The Incredible Hulk” have screened in IMAX. Full details of which cinemas and which days are screening what are up at Fandango
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Combustible Lemur

Re: Marvel releasing all their films in Imax late Aug early Sept.

Post by Combustible Lemur »

I don't know that I feel good about this. Imax theatres without imax film is kind of a gimmick.
Maybe if they were doing Dolby atmos and the cinemark equivalent. But converted imax suffers from the peripheral fuzzing that 3d does.
Cinematographers Frame and focus the images for a format (with some flexibility) and when you go out of that format the composition looses quality and coherence.

IMHO.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Is Scott home? thump thump thump Crash ......No.