[DC Stream] Swamp Thing

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

[DC Stream] Swamp Thing

Post by Isgrimnur »

CBR
By the sounds of it, DC Universe’s upcoming Swamp Thing series will not be all-age friendly.

Gary Dauberman, who co-wrote the DCTV pilot as well as The Nun and both installments of the Stephen King adaptation It, confirmed that the horror series will not shy away from the graphic violence and mature subject matter of its original source material.

“We always set out to make Swamp Thing as hard R as we could and go graphic with the violence, with the adult themes, and make it as scary as possible,” explained Dauberman in an interview with Slash Film. “We really took our inspiration from the Alan Moore run in Swamp Thing.”

Dauberman also serves as executive producer on the upcoming adaptation as well as previous collaborator James Wan. The pilot for the series is expected to begin filming this fall, directed by Len Wiseman who also serves as an executive producer.
Executive produced by James Wan, Mark Verheiden, Gary Dauberman, Michael Clear, and Len Wiseman, Swamp Thing is expected to premiere on DC Universe sometime in 2019.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
stimpy

Re: [DC Stream] Swamp Thing

Post by stimpy »

Mmmmmmm....If only Adrienne Barbeau was 30 years younger.......
He/Him/His/Porcupine
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I bought the year sub at 75 bucks because they added 3 months. Mostly I'm doing this for the comic book archive. So the rest is all gravy.
He won. Period.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

stimpy wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:18 am Mmmmmmm....If only Adrienne Barbeau was 30 years younger.......
:D
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

So the service appears to be onllne now. I was able to log in with my account and there's a ton of comics and TV shows/movies. Time to start filling my library.
He won. Period.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

stimpy wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:18 am Mmmmmmm....If only Adrienne Barbeau was 30 years younger.......
Your wish is granted.
Having apparently failed to learn her lesson about swamps, Things, and the grimy intersections that can take place between the two, Adrienne Barbeau—star of stage, screen, and the enduring fantasies of any number of formerly young people who saw her in 1982's Swamp Thing—has signed on for a role in DC Universe’s TV adaptation of the classic series.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

AWS260 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:59 pmand the enduring fantasies of any number of formerly young people who saw her in 1982's Swamp Thing
..slowly raises hand
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

If this is even half as good as Doom Patrol, fans of the comic are in for a treat.

Also, please include the phrase "Do not bring your evil here" at least once in every episode. To this day I still mumble it every now and again...usually at a really inappropriate time.
He won. Period.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

This is being filmed in my hometown. My brother was working at the studios in accounting on a different project and got to take a tour of the swamp sets and said they were mind-blowing. I'm REALLY hoping it's good because our dumb-ass former governor literally gutted our film industry and drove all production out of town. Governor Cooper is making attempts to get it back, and a successful series would go a long way into healing some of those wounds.

I have my doubts about the wide appeal given that it's on DC's streaming platform, but I'm looking forward to checking it out.