Disney+ Streaming

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Jaymon

Re: Disney+ Streaming

Post by Jaymon »

I did not find Condorman
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

Jaymon wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:13 am I did not find Condorman
Did you look up?

:lol:
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Timmy Failure movie based on children's books written by Stephan Pastis, the guy behind Pearls Before Swine. The books are pretty funny for kids books.

Premieres on D+ tomorrow.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

coopasonic wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:12 pm

Timmy Failure movie based on children's books written by Stephan Pastis, the guy behind Pearls Before Swine. The books are pretty funny for kids books.

Premieres on D+ tomorrow.
That looks really good!
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

We watched Timmy Failure with the kids yesterday and it was a lot of fun. Boy twin tends to get nervous and run out of the room when anything mildly tense or scary comes on, but even the exciting scenes were silly enough for him to sit through the whole thing. It helped that he's obsessed with animals and there's usually a polar bear hanging around in most scenes.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
stessier

Post by stessier »

My girls watched Timmy over the weekend. The 13-year old liked it. The 10-year old was bored and left about half way through.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

stessier wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:03 pm My girls watched Timmy over the weekend. The 13-year old liked it. The 10-year old was bored and left about half way through.
My house was the opposite. 13yo showed no interest. 10yo liked it. I think I enjoyed it more than the kid.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I haven't gotten the full AAR yet but ours (9 & 3) watched it with the sitter on Friday evening. No one left the room from what I understand.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I absolutely loved the original movie. I was just thinking about showing that one to my kids the other day. Not sure we needed a remake, but with all the interest in the second space race, I'm in.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I also absolutely loved the original “The Right Stuff”. I probably watched that movie almost as much as I watched the original Star Wars.

No, that’s crazy-talk. But I watched it a LOT. :p
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Variety
Pixar’s “Soul” is skipping theaters and will debut exclusively on Disney Plus in time for Christmas. The animated family film will launch on the streaming service on Dec. 25.
Unlike “Mulan,” which released on Disney Plus for an extra $30, “Soul” will be available to Disney Plus’ 60.5 million subscribers at no extra cost. The streaming service costs $6.99 per month.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

I am pleased with this development.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Moon Knight
With his time in the Star Wars franchise coming to an end, Oscar Isaac sets his sights on the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Deadline is hearing he is in negotiations to star as the title character in Moon Knight, the Marvel and Disney+ series based on the comic book hero.

Jeremy Slater, who developed and wrote Netflix’s series adaptation of The Umbrella Academy comic books, has been tapped to develop and lead the writing team on the series for the streamer.
Marvel and Disney+ have been ramping up their development slate as Isaac joins Tatiana Maslany, who was recently tapped to play She-Hulk, and Iman Vellani, who was named the new Ms. Marvel. As WandaVision, eyes a premiere date before the end of the year, the studios are looking to have a strong set of characters to lead these new tentpole series.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I'm super excited about this. I've always loved Moon Knight, and I really like Oscar Isaac.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Ditto. A match I can get behind. I’m not renewing my annual subscription next month, but I’ll subscribe for a few months after all these shows eventually appear and catch up.
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

That is awesome. :)
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

With the exception of The Lego Movie, I have found everything Lego to be the opposite of funny. I honestly can't handle them.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

cnet
Disney Plus will raise its US subscription price by $1 in March, bringing it to $8 a month, Disney said Thursday as it unleashed a flood of news about its streaming services at a four-hour event. Disney laid out plans for as many as 20 new Marvel and Star Wars series, promised to let animation fans stream animated fantasy Raya and the Last Dragon the same day it hits theaters (for $30 extra), and revealed a new bundle that packages ad-free Hulu with Disney Plus and ESPN Plus for $19 a month.
Ahsoka will bring Rosario Dawson back to play Ahsoka Tano, a fan-favorite character from the animated The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels shows. ... The other Mandalorian spinoff is called Rangers of the New Republic. Disney provided fewer details about Rangers, but both spinoffs will be set within the timeline of The Mandalorian.

Disney Plus updated fans on its Obi-Wan and Rogue One spinoff series. The Obi-Wan project will bring Ewan McGregor's Jedi face-to-face again with Hayden Christensen's Darth Vader, with events taking place 10 years after the events of Revenge of the Sith. And Andor will be a spy thriller with Diego Luna reprising his Rogue One role of Cassian Andor, set to stream on DIsney Plus in 2022.

Disney Plus is also developing a Lando series and another show called The Acolyte, a mystery thriller from Leslye Headland, who was behind Russian Doll on Netflix.
WandaVision, will land Jan. 15, as was previously announced. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier will quickly follow on March 19. And Loki will drop on Disney Plus in May.
Tatiana Maslany will be playing the 6-foot-7 lawyer She-Hulk, and Tim Roth and Mark Ruffalo will be a part of the series. Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige said the Moon Knight will feature "incredible Egyptian iconology" and has director Mohamed Diab attached. Ms. Marvel has recently started filming, allowing Disney Plus to release its first early footage.
Secret Invasion will star Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, bringing him back together with Ben Mendelsohn's Talos and focusing on shapeshifting Skrulls on Earth. Ironheart will have Dominique Thorne play the young genius, which Feige confirmed will crossover with the larger MCU films. Armor Wars brings back Don Cheadle as War Machine. From The Guardians of the Galaxy world, Disney Plus will offer a James Gunn-created holiday special in late 2022 ahead of the third ensemble film, and I Am Groot is an animated series of shorts featuring the beloved, baby-incarnation of the character.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

A lot of people seem to lose it over streaming service price increases. (This is just as expensive as cable now!!1) I'm not usually bothered by what generally amounts to a 10% increase on an inexpensive service. I get that if you subscribe to every service possible and they do this more than once a year it may impact your pocketbook more heavily, otherwise *shrug*. Inflation is a thing.

I am kind of surprised Disney's raising the price of theirs so soon after launching though. That said, I'm actually a lot more interested in it than I was at launch now that they really seem to be producing a lot of Marvel and Star Wars content. We don't have kids, so its value is otherwise limited. Mrs. Nym does have her Disney favourites though. Not that there are titles I don't have nostalgia for, but I'd typically rather spend my alone time watching something new to me and mature-oriented.

None of the newly announced titles have me drooling, but if they're as good as The Mandalorian I'm interested. I don't have a problem with Christensen returning... I'd like to see what he can do with the character written and directed by someone other than Lucas. However... isn't he Darth Vader now? It's not even a Mandalorian situation where you'd expect the voice to be played by the actor 100% of the time, even if it's not always them in the suit. James Earl Jones is 89... I read a rumour (?) that they had him record a library of voice samples they could digitally manipulate long into the future. I don't know if that's true or how well it would work, but I wouldn't put it past them to try after the astonishing but ultimately unconvincing CGI re-creation of Tarkin and young Leia. (Deepfakes-era technology is promising.) Or are they going to be depicting a younger Vader at times when he's uncovered? Wouldn't that kind of destroy the mystique of Vader in the original trilogy? Though I guess few care about that anymore. I also kind of expected Kenobi and Vader never met again until the Death Star, but the blurb makes it sound like they will be.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I'm still paying less than cable when you factor in my steaming services and I'm getting MUCH better content.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Stuff coming.....

https://www.starwars.com/news/future-lu ... s-revealed

Willow sounds interesting....and this...

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

McNutt wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:24 pm I'm still paying less than cable when you factor in my steaming services and I'm getting MUCH better content.
And as much as I hate having shows I want to watch spread out over a dozen different streaming services, at least I have the option of rotating around which I am or am not subscribed to at any given time so I don't have to have them all at once like with a cable package.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Rumor: Disney to reboot Firefly, but a little more family friendly.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Grifman wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:14 am Rumor: Disney to reboot Firefly, but a little more family friendly.
So the Reavers just hand out pamphlets aggressively?
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Freyland wrote:
Grifman wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:14 am Rumor: Disney to reboot Firefly, but a little more family friendly.
So the Reavers just hand out pamphlets aggressively?
Inara is now a traveling nanny.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Well, that's a gosham shame.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Lol.

Hmm, was there a lot of mature content outside of Inara's profession? It was a network series, after all. Would anyone be upset with a Mandalorian-quality Firefly? It might exist in a largely sexless universe, but there's some fairly dark stuff in it.

I guess I'm more surprised Disney sees value in the property, especially as The Mandalorian is already in the "space western" category. Which means they probably mean to try to noticeably differentiate it.

I liked the universe of Firefly a lot, but it seemed it was more the writing and the acting that made it special.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

Mal still aims to misbehave but now, when he does, he gets a timeout.

- Ash
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Sudy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:56 am Lol.

Hmm, was there a lot of mature content outside of Inara's profession? It was a network series, after all. Would anyone be upset with a Mandalorian-quality Firefly? It might exist in a largely sexless universe, but there's some fairly dark stuff in it.

I guess I'm more surprised Disney sees value in the property, especially as The Mandalorian is already in the "space western" category. Which means they probably mean to try to noticeably differentiate it.

I liked the universe of Firefly a lot, but it seemed it was more the writing and the acting that made it special.
I actually pulled out the Firefly DVDs the other day for the kiddo since she has enjoyed The Mandalorian so much. I was like, "here's another great space western."

Firefly was all characters though. Would be hard to reboot or sequel it without most of the same characters. And after Serenity not sure if that's possible.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT