Disney+ Streaming

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Punisher

Re: Disney Streaming

Post by Punisher »

Hopefully, Disney doesn't come here, but I was easily expecting $10/month and planned on signing up. At less than $6/month with the annual, its a no brainer. I suspect Disney is doing this purely to see a massive amount of users using their service.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Apparently all my friends who went to work at MLB are working on this. They are stressed to say the least.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Octavious wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:03 pm Apparently all my friends who went to work at MLB are working on this. They are stressed to say the least.

I'm sure you can introduce them to many beta/stress testers here... You know, just to help them out...
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Isgrimnur

Re: Disney+ Streaming

Post by Isgrimnur »

The Verge
Two new series based on Marvel Cinematic Universe characters are coming to Disney’s new subscription service, the company announced today in its first look at Disney+.
Spoiler:
The series, one called WandaVision and another called Falcon and Winter Soldier, don’t have a release date at this time.
WandaVision will focus on Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) and Vision (Paul Bettany), presumably focusing on their relationship with one another. Falcon and Winter Solider will follow the two Avengers comrades a little deeper than what fans have seen from the MCU movies, Feige confirmed. Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan are set to reprise their respective roles in the show.

Both WandaVision and Falcon and Winter Soldier join previously confirmed MCU live action series heading to Disney+. One miniseries is based on Loki, the popular villain who made his debut in Thor, and the other is based on Hawkeye. Both Tom Hiddleston and Jeremy Renner are set to reprise their respective roles.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

is it going to be a Roku channel? if not, its no deal for me.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

MarketWatch
Needham analyst Laura Martin reiterated her bullish view of Roku Inc. shares on Tuesday, writing that Walt Disney Co.’s planned launch of a dedicated streaming service could be the “next $1 billion upside driver” for the company.
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

Rock On!

we could set Phineas and Ferb to loop the entire series, and never have to change the channel again.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

If you want to see Avengers: Endgame, you'll only be able to stream it on Disney+:
Although Endgame won’t appear on Disney+ until December 11th, the film will most likely be available to purchase on DVD and Blu-ray before then.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I thought this was already known. Ant-Man and the Wasp is supposed to be the last Marvel movie on Netflix.

I’m assuming I can also stream this through Movies Anywhere if we get a digital copy.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I think it was known that generally speaking it was happening. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think this is the first "new" movie stream exclusive that's been announced. I didn't think anyone would be surprised, I just saw the headline.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

IndieWire
“The Falcon and the Winter Soldier” will be the first to debut, in Fall 2020. Anthony Mackie plays The Falcon and now carries Captain America’s shield, with Sebastian Stan donning the metal arm of the Winter Soldier once again. Also back is Daniel Bruhl’s Baron Zemo, last seen taken into custody at the end of “Captain America: Civil War” for assassinating Black Panther’s father in a bomb blast and setting in motion the events that would lead to the conflict between Tony Stark and Steve Rogers.

Next up is “WandaVision” starring Elizabeth Olsen. Strange rumors have surrounded this show, such as that it would be set in the 1950s. But Feige confirmed it will take place after “Avengers: Endgame” and tie in directly to “Doctor Strange 2,” in which Olsen will also appear. ... Teyonah Parris will also star in the series as a grown up version of Monica Rambeau, who appeared as a child in the film “Captain Marvel,” which was set in the 1990s.
“Loki” will also stream in Spring 2021.
A “What If?” animated series is set for summer 2021. Like the one-shot “What If?” comics on which it’s based, it will reimagine key moments and interactions in the Marvel Cinematic Universe from an alternate history perspective, allowing for an astonishing range of potential voice cameos. Jeffrey Wright will voice iconic cosmic Marvel entity The Watcher, who only appears in moments of great crisis to observe and record critical events for posterity.

And finally, “Hawkeye” will air in fall 2021, starring Jeremy Renner as the masterful archer. The series will follow him as he trains a protégé, Kate Bishop.
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

Is this going to be US only?
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Zemo’s back? Hell yeah!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Victoria Raverna wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:20 am Is this going to be US only?
Probably not.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Can be purchased as an add-on to Hulu:
Hulu’s SVP of Originals Craig Erwich said that Disney+ will come to Hulu during his speech at the Television Critics Association (and it was always previously confirmed during Disney Investor Day, thanks Slash Film). The service will cost $6.99 a month and $69.99 a year on it's own, we don't know what the price will be as an add-on for Hulu. HBO costs $14.99 on top of the base Hulu rate while Showtime costs $10.99.
So I guess the new networks will be Netflix, Hulu and Prime?
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Smoove_B wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:57 pm So I guess the new networks will be Netflix, Hulu and Prime?
What someone 30 years ago hears:
So I guess the new networks will be Buttshanks, Preeps, and Dervish Alley.

Oh, and FWIW, Disney owns 2/3 of Hulu and Comcast owns 1/3.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
stessier

Post by stessier »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:44 pm
Not anymore... Disney bought out Comcast in the Spring and is now the sole owner.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

stessier wrote:
LawBeefaroni wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:44 pm
Not anymore... Disney bought out Comcast in the Spring and is now the sole owner.
Not quite. Disney bought Fox, not Comcast. But, the two did agree that Disney should take over full control of Hulu.
Today, Disney takes the reins at Hulu. Disney and Comcast announced a deal saying that Disney will assume full operational control of Hulu, effective immediately. In turn, Disney and Comcast have entered a "put/call" agreement, which means that as early as January 2024, Comcast can require Disney to buy NBCUniversal's 33-percent interest in Hulu. On the flip side, Disney can require NBCUniversal to sell its interest in Hulu by January 2024 for fair market value.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

AV Club
Disney+ just confirmed a string of original programming that will be available on launch day, November 12, along with a first look at their individual posters. The forthcoming streaming platform announced the slate via their Twitter account, solidifying a premiere date for some long-discussed titles like The Mandalorian and Lady And The Tramp. The remainder of the bunch includes an original holiday film, Jeff Goldblum presumably being Jeff Goldblum, and an addition to a major franchise that is absolutely not a reboot or remake, and how dare you even assume otherwise.
The announcements arrive just ahead of the Disney+ panel at D23 Expo, which is currently taking place in Anaheim, California. High School Musical: The Musical: The Series (the mouthful, the editorial nightmare) will follow a group of students who attempt to produce a musical for a school project. Jeff Goldblum’s docuseries The World According To Jeff Goldblum will take a look at the histories and science of everyday joys, like ice cream and sneakers. Noelle, a completely original film, stars Anna Kendrick, Bill Hader, and Billy Eichner in a story about Santa Claus’ daughter, who must take over the esteemed family business.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Jeff Goldblum presumably being Jeff Goldblum
That made me laugh. :lol:

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Noelle, a completely original film, stars Anna Kendrick, Bill Hader, and Billy Eichner in a story about Santa Claus’ daughter, who must take over the esteemed family business.
Christmas movie with a pun title that involves a previously unknown member of the Claus family having to take over Santa's duties? I think they're stretching the meaning of "original."

Oh, and I will watch the hell out of this.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

YellowKing wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:29 pm
Noelle, a completely original film, stars Anna Kendrick, Bill Hader, and Billy Eichner in a story about Santa Claus’ daughter, who must take over the esteemed family business.
Christmas movie with a pun title that involves a previously unknown member of the Claus family having to take over Santa's duties? I think they're stretching the meaning of "original."

Oh, and I will watch the hell out of this.
Well, original on that it's a new property owned free and clear which means the best potential margins. And isn't that the best kind of "original"? :lol:

I think I've already said I'm a day 1 subscriber. Not because I'm that excited about the content but because the kids will be. And because it's Disney that doesn't involve acquiring more plastic crap or a trip to Florida.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:53 pm And because it's Disney that doesn't involve acquiring more plastic crap or a trip to Florida.
I do not see how this will eliminate either. Despite my best efforts, my kids are all in on the rat. My daughter is enamored with all things Minnie Mouse (she even has the bike helmet) and my weird son got into it via the early 1930's-era B&W cartoons. They both desperately want to go to Florida, but my wife is trying to convince them that visiting rice paddies in provincial Philippines is just as fun.

This will just offer more variety when watching TV or their tablets. They are currently satisfied with what's on You Tube, so this is just extra, doesn't replace anything.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Jeff V wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:07 pm They both desperately want to go to Florida, but my wife is trying to convince them that visiting rice paddies in provincial Philippines is just as fun.
There should be a lot more mice.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Jeff V wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:07 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:53 pm And because it's Disney that doesn't involve acquiring more plastic crap or a trip to Florida.
I do not see how this will eliminate either. Despite my best efforts, my kids are all in on the rat. My daughter is enamored with all things Minnie Mouse (she even has the bike helmet) and my weird son got into it via the early 1930's-era B&W cartoons. They both desperately want to go to Florida, but my wife is trying to convince them that visiting rice paddies in provincial Philippines is just as fun.

This will just offer more variety when watching TV or their tablets. They are currently satisfied with what's on You Tube, so this is just extra, doesn't replace anything.
They've expressed zero interest, thankfully. And I have a good friend in Sanford who just opened a new bar so it's not like I couldn't be motivated.

YouTube is total shit. My son calls it "bad videos". Like, "I'm going to watch Bad Videos!" Disney has some crap shows but not nearly as bad as YouTube randomness.

MYT
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Are you talking You Tube in general or Mickey Mouse Club stuff in particular? My kids really don't know any better so they are satisfied. My son mostly just watches videos of people playing old video games (did I mention he's weird?) when given the controls. When my daughter is in charge, I'll get her started with Mickey or Minnie, and she'll navigate from there first to Paw Patrol then Peppa Pig and ultimately wind up in something narrated in Russian that looks like it came out of an Uzbek insane asylum.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Last edited by Isgrimnur on Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Seen the comic a couple times as a kid.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

TheMix wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:00 pm
Jeff Goldblum presumably being Jeff Goldblum
That made me laugh. :lol:
Also, likely correct. :D

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Has Jeff Goldblum always been part Forest Gump, or is this a relatively new development?

Also, the Moon Knight announcement just got ensured my subscription.
Covfefe!
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

YES MOON KNIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :horse:
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

I am 110% ready for Ms. Marvel.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Disney+ will give subscribers four simultaneous streams and free 4K

Disney’s upcoming Disney+ streaming service is shaping up to be quite the deal. According to CNET, the service will launch on November 12th with support for four simultaneous streams and 4K included, all for the base price of $6.99 a month. Subscribers will also be able to create and manage up to seven profiles on a single account.

Also.............

“Obi-Wan” Series Confirmed, “Clone Wars” Set

Ewan McGregor has confirmed that he will be reprising the role of Obi-Wan Kenobi for a still-untitled live-action Disney+ series about the famed Jedi.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Ah, so you don't have to subscribe to get 4k streaming?

(Sorry, it's become a pet peeve when people describe paid benefits as 'free.')
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
JCC

Post by JCC »

It's a valid benefit to advertise when Netflix charges different rates for streaming SD vs FHD vs 4K.

Having said that, I personally consider the benefit of 4k over 1080p not worth paying money for.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

JCC wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:25 pm It's a valid benefit to advertise when Netflix charges different rates for streaming SD vs FHD vs 4K.
Absolutely! That doesn't make it free. Kind of like the 'free' games you get with an Xbox Live or PS+ subscription. They aren't free. They're part of a paid service. You receive them in exchange for paying.

"4k at no extra charge!" would be the way to advertise it (although this was an article, not an advertisement.)
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

But free is better than no extra charge!....wait......

Its like paying $9.99. Its less than $10!!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:39 am
Are these live action or animation?
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton