Breakfast: Do you eat it?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

How do you start your typical weekday?

Full English (full cooked breakfast with eggs, meat, toast, etc)
11%
Bready crap (toast, toasted bagel, pancakes, etc)
9%
Cereal
30%
Snack (piece of fruit, breakfast bar, etc)
16%
Just coffee/juice
9%
Nothing
25%
Vodka
No votes

Total votes: 44

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Breakfast: Do you eat it?

Post by LawBeefaroni »

From another thread (not the bagel one).

I rarely eat breakfast. It seems like a waste of time and calories. Lunch is only 4 or 5 hours away. Most of the time I only have water before noon.

Exception: hangover.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Paingod

Re: Breakfast: Do you eat it?

Post by Paingod »

It takes just a few minutes to drop some quality protein into me and get the day going. 3 eggs and 1 piece of dry "seed" toast (whole wheat with seeds - not white/plain wheat). I'd hesitate to call it "Full English" but it's the closest choice.
Last edited by Paingod on Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

One of your options is too long and bleeding into another line.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I get up around 3am and workout from 5-6am. Eat breakfast (usually a toasted english muffin and/or cereal) around 6:30 and I still need a snack around 9:30 before eating lunch around 11:15am. I usually go the whole afternoon without eating, though, and get dinner around 6pm. Usually drink 2-2.5 liters of water throughout the day with additional water for lunch and dinner.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Paingod wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:03 pm It takes just a few minutes to drop some quality protein into me and get the day going. 3 eggs and 1 piece of dry "seed" toast (whole wheat with seeds - not white/plain wheat). I'd hesitate to call it "Full English" but it's the closest choice.
Cooking eggs makes it full. Thinking more in terms on time/effort.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

stessier wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:04 pm I get up around 3am and workout from 5-6am.
What are you doing for two hours?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:10 pm
stessier wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:04 pm I get up around 3am and workout from 5-6am.
Things you do before working out. Mirror posing, oiling up, flexing. For two hours.
Black Lives Matter

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

On weekdays, slim-fast at 6am, lunch at 11:30.
On weekends, probably cereal around 8am, lunch around 12pm.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:10 pm
You really don't want to know.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

a Yeti of coffee that lasts most of the day and a pack of Quaker Instant Oatmeal. I put down cereal as people call oatmeal warm cereal, but if your listing in scale a pack of oatmeal is less calories than a snack (130 to 160 depending on the chemicals, uh variety...)

Occasionally if I'm up early and feel I've earned it, I'll get breakfast sandwich on the way to work but usually I don't have much appetite, making the oatmeal perfect. It's light an tides me over until the afternoon for lunch. Sometimes there's a donut or bagel or some confection at work begging me to eat it.

I'd love a regular leisurely full breakfast but nope, that's not in my cards for the time being.

Edit
Thinking more in terms on time/effort.
Nowadays? Zero. Before heart surgery, on the weekends I'd make bacon and then cook shoestring potatoes or hashbrown cake (think McDonald's) and bread (often a bagel) and eggs in the lard. So good. But a stent and cholesterol meds put an end to that two days a week pleasure.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I never eat before noon, but sometimes I do like to go out for a big greasy breakfast.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Yes, but none of your poll options apply.

My breakfast of choice is Bircher Muesli or overnight oats. A tasty mix of protein (yogurt and milk), low-carb fruit (berries + peeled and grated apple) and some healthy complex carbs (rolled oats and nuts). I much prefer it to hot oatmeal.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

It kind of varies. Weekdays might be bagel, english muffin, or cereal. Or it might be a sausage/egg biscuit from McDonalds (one of the few things I'll eat from there). Maybe a leftover scone or bakery if I have it. It's always something though.

Weekends sometimes are more involved. Maybe it's the same (especially if pressed for time), maybe I'll make biscuits and gravy (with eggs, bacon, hashbrowns). Or blueberry pancakes with fried eggs and meat. On those days I almost never eat again until dinner (I almost never have lunch on weekends even if I have a light breakfast).
Black Lives Matter
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Anonymous Bosch wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:30 pm Yes, but none of your poll options apply.

My breakfast of choice is Bircher Muesli or overnight oats. A tasty mix of protein (yogurt and milk), low-carb fruit (berries + peeled and grated apple) and some healthy complex carbs (rolled oats and nuts). I much prefer it to hot oatmeal.
Man. I clicked the link, and once you get past the beautiful berries and honey - it kind of looks like what they served on the Nebuchadnezzar for breakfast after they extracted Neo from the Matrix.
Black Lives Matter

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Anonymous Bosch wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:30 pm Yes, but none of your poll options apply.

I'd consider that cereal as well. I was enjoying granola and yogurt (I would also consider cereal) regularly for awhile but I am just way too sedentary to have that volume of calories for breakfast.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Paingod wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:33 pm

Man. I clicked the link, and once you get past the beautiful berries and honey - it kind of looks like what they served on the Nebuchadnezzar for breakfast after they extracted Neo from the Matrix.
Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. It's a good deal healthier than the vast majority of mass-produced breakfast food items, and tastes delicious. You can also tweak and tailor it however you see fit.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I'm a creature of habit, and have eaten a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios every morning before work for the past 15 years. Exceptions are when I'm on the road (I grab whatever's available) and on weekends (three pieces of bacon and two slices of toast).
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

My wife likes her breakfast so I fix the whole nine yards every morning.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Hard for me to answer the poll.

On weekdays I might eat leftovers from previous dinners. Or cereal or oatmeal. Sometimes I'll have a Lean Cuisine.

My wife eats thin spaghetti noodles with various toppings every weekday morning but she's weird.

On the weekends my wife cooks a full breakfast. Omelette or Spanish tortilla. Breakfast meat and hashbrowns. Sometimes waffles or pancakes. Sometimes it all goes together in a burrito shell. Sometimes chilaquiles or migas.

And we drink a beer while she's cooking it!
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Z-Corn wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:12 pm My wife eats thin spaghetti noodles with various toppings every weekday morning but she's weird.
Sounds positively normal compared to what my wife is inclined to make for breakfast. How about some fried dried fish on rice?
Black Lives Matter
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

I chose full, but usually have a variety of the first 3.

This morning was an untoasted bagel (Killer Dave's, they're serviceable) with vegan cream cheese and capers, veggie bacon, and raisin bran.
Last edited by Alefroth on Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I eat breakfast every morning. I used to eat cereal but even the “heathy” ones are full of added sugar. Since about last November, I’ve switched to eating oats to which I add blueberries, bananas, and walnuts. It’s delicious and much healthier than cereal.
Black Lives Matter
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Alefroth wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:35 pm This morning was an untoasted bagel
You hear this guy!? What the fuck? In LawBeef's own thread!
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

Coffee and something. The something could be anything from a full breakfast plate to buttered toast, but not a bagel!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

gameoverman wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:42 pm Coffee and something. The something could be anything from a full breakfast plate to buttered toast, but not a bagel!
What about grilled cheese?
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Weekdays is a large black coffee and an untoasted cinnamon raisin bagel from Dunkin Donuts.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Does anyone hear Samuel L Jackson when you read the title to this thread?
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:50 pm Does anyone hear Samuel L Jackson when you read the title to this thread?
Now we do.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Z-Corn wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:39 pm
Alefroth wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:35 pm This morning was an untoasted bagel
You hear this guy!? What the fuck? In LawBeef's own thread!
The whole thing is an abomination, I'm sure.
BooTx

Post by BooTx »

I find that skipping at least one meal a day is the easiest way to maintain my caloric balance, so I rarely eat breakfast. I actually rarely eat lunch as well, preferring instead to have a small snack at my 9 and 12 work breaks.

When I do eat breakfast though (usually on the weekends) I generally make myself the full English breakfast with coffee. If I wake up during the week and decide I do want something it's usually either a piece of fruit or toast of some kind.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Usually. Cereal or breakfast bars (not the popular breakfast candy bars, either), with yogurt twice a week. Every now and then I'll skip if I'm honestly not hungry.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
mori

Post by mori »

Nothing wrong with going hungry. I do not eat after 7 pm, go to bed on an empty stomach, then do not eat until after 11 AM. But I do like breakfast food (sausage, bacon, eggs, omelets)so sometimes I make breakfast for dinner.
geezer

Post by geezer »

1/2 whole wheat English Muffin with Peanut or Almond butter with a handful of berries (black, blue and rasp usually).

That gets me through to a 10:30 smoothie.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Weekday breakfast is cold cereal or hot oatmeal. There is always fresh coffee and usually a little yogurt and fruit.

Weekends are more elaborate, usually involving pancakes or French toast.

I can skip lunch but not breakfast. In fact I often feel like lunch drags me down for the afternoon.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

egg, turkey sausage, cheese on croissant, or cereal on weekdays. Cereal or cheese omelette on weekends.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

One egg "fried" hard plus a generous serving of what ever greens we have (chard is best but I've done chard, spinach, kale,, turnip green, beet greens, and bok choy), a jalapeno or other hot pepper, and a couple of mushrooms. Served in a tortilla with some cheese. Fried is in quotes because its generally in a skillet without any oil. The only time it changes is if we are traveling or if my wife makes oatmeal (I never make it but steel cut oats with fruit and a little brown sugar is pretty tasty).

On weekdays I'll eat at 6am. On weekends it various but often more like 8:30.
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

Holman wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:16 pm There is always fresh coffee
Of course!

I've weened myself down to just 750mm (one French press full) instead of my old full 12 cup Mr. Coffee style at least (Google says that was around 2750ml!)
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

If I have time in the morning I want at least two eggs, some fruit, maybe some meat and/or vegetables. 9 out of 10 days I either have nothing or just a piece of fruit.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I love breakfast, but my time in the morning is so limited that I end up just eating something quick and easy. I go through phases, where I will eat the same thing for breakfast every day for months on end. Right now I'm on a greek yogurt kick. Sometimes it's a smoothie, or oatmeal, or cereal...

In an ideal world I would wake up and make eggs and turkey bacon, and probably some type of veggie. It wouldn't be too long to make each morning, but I already get up at 4:45am and I just can't force myself to get up any earlier.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

mori wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:48 pm Nothing wrong with going hungry. I do not eat after 7 pm, go to bed on an empty stomach, then do not eat until after 11 AM. But I do like breakfast food (sausage, bacon, eggs, omelets)so sometimes I make breakfast for dinner.
Breakfast Dinner is probably the single greatest human accomplishment.
Except maybe brunch, but not fancy hipster brunches. Just a good one where you can eat a cheeseburger and some waffles while enjoying a Bloody Mary.
Or better yet, a salami curtained Bloody Manly. (sfw)