Idiosyncrasies

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Blackhawk

Re: Idiosyncrasies

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm autistic and eccentric. There is very little that I do that isn't an idiosyncrasy. I'm tellin' ya, I'm weird.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:41 amI'm autistic and eccentric. There is very little that I do that isn't an idiosyncrasy. I'm tellin' ya, I'm weird.
I always tell my kids "Weird is good. Don't be like everyone else."
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

GreenGoo wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:16 am For the record I ordered a 14 dollar microSD card last night. I knew I was being irrational and knowing Jeff V. orders whatever he wants whenever he wants because free shipping made it easier.

Next up, ordering something for 5 bucks or less at some point. If I can do that, I think I'll have this beat.
I usually order that kind of stuff to the Amazon locker next door at the whole Foods. I figure it will be on a truck with 50 other similar items so it's like one big order. Plus not going to get stolen off the stoop.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Paingod wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:44 am
Blackhawk wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:41 amI'm autistic and eccentric. There is very little that I do that isn't an idiosyncrasy. I'm tellin' ya, I'm weird.
I always tell my kids "Weird is good. Don't be like everyone else."
When I was told that I was weird in Junior High, I responded with, "Thank you."

Today, I can pass for normal for minutes at a time.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I once ordered a $2 box of paperclips from Amazon with free shipping (that probably cost them $3 in fees.) I needed small, and the only store within 30 miles only carried large. Yes, I'm probably the reason that they created the add-on program.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I'm cheap. It's not a quirk. I don't have Amazon Prime and I only order from them when it makes sense to get free shipping and wait for it.

My surprise is that work won't get expense me a Prime account and they get annoyed that I won't get one on my own.

I also won't go smart phone on my own and have resisted getting one for work to date. I'd happily accept one if there were no strings about using it after hours but I'm not taking a toy from work just so I have better availability 24 hours a day seven days a week. I already long to be able to punch a clock and leave my work at work. The idea of being a potential drone 24/7 whose potential is made closer to real because of a tool that is supposed to make my life better. Nope.

And yes to being the guy to sit seeing the whole room, and most especially the door.
No to needs a made bed
yes to keys, wallet, and phone must be in same place in kitchen when I walk in the door.
No to checking door look at home but I do at work, as this was ingrained in every place I've ever worked until this one. I do get weird about thinking I left the oven on and under no circumstances leave the house with any of the following running > Dishwasher, Drier, Washer, oven, even crockpot, though I do leave a crockpot plugged in over night.
No to TV with no volume
fries from the fridge? Ah, no no no no /bitfromTron
Yes to be early is to be on time, to be on time is to be late except for work because I'm just too damned tired
Sort of the thermostat. I would no use 1,3,7, or 9 but 5 is perfectly acceptable thermostat odd number to end in.
Sort of to "my pencil". I leave pens every where, but I have a type of black pen, the uniball micro black fine point. I leave them as gifts for everybody. I'm the friggen pen fairy. Woe be to the supply department if I go to find a replacement uniball micro black fine point and it is not there for me.
cilantro will ruin everything it touches
I'm all about being "mothered" but oddly I *really* like things my way. Go ahead and take care of me but don't move my shit or ask me to reorient... anything.

I think that covers everything.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Why on earth are you using your personal Amazon account for work, LM?

Please tell me you are not using personal funds then being reimbursed too?
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

GreenGoo wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:24 am Why on earth are you using your personal Amazon account for work, LM?

Please tell me you are not using personal funds then being reimbursed too?
Nope. Company Card and a PITA detailed expense report to justify every purchase.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

GreenGoo wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:13 am
Jeff V wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:11 am
Kraken wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:42 pm When I get fries, I have to line them up parallel to one another. They don't taste right when they're all higgledy-piggledy.
I can't imagine the eternal struggle you'd have doing this with curly fries.
I think the fry lining up thing is exactly what this thread was made for. That is one serious...idiosyncrasy.
If I'd been born a few decades later I would have been labeled and medicated. Instead I'm just weird.
Blackhawk wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:41 am I'm autistic and eccentric. There is very little that I do that isn't an idiosyncrasy. I'm tellin' ya, I'm weird.
Let your freak flag fly, bro. But iron it first.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Kraken wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:24 pm When I get fries, I have to line them up parallel to one another. They don't taste right when they're all higgledy-piggledy.
I'm reasonably sure that conversational use of "higgledy-piggledy" would qualify as a rather significant idiosyncrasy all its own.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Here's one, not mine.
There are two doors in our house that need door stops on them to prevent the wind from slamming them shut when windows are open. Nothing special, just simple brown rubber wedges.
My 2y.o. daughter moves both to the same door, every day, without fail. For some reason she thinks they are a pair.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Archinerd wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:06 pm Here's one, not mine.
There are two doors in our house that need door stops on them to prevent the wind from slamming them shut when windows are open. Nothing special, just simple brown rubber wedges.
My 2y.o. daughter moves both to the same door, every day, without fail. For some reason she thinks they are a pair.
Just buy two more: solved!
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Nah, that's just when he figures out that she thinks they are all friends.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

I might try that just to see what happens.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Archinerd wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:52 pm I might try that just to see what happens.
Start with one more and see what happens. :evil:
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

That breaks the test!
:evil:
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Just kick the door stoppers as hard as you can. If you're daughter can still get them out, her name might actually be Kara Zor-El.