Tomorrow is a big day i.e. Lee's not bitching about things this time

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Eel Snave

Re: Tomorrow is a big day

Post by Eel Snave »

Halfway done. My testimony is over.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

Eel Snave wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:56 pm Halfway done. My testimony is over.
I was just wondering how things were going. Thanks for checking in... Fingers crossed for you this afternoon!

- Ash
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:18 am
Paingod wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:09 am I assumed it stood for Gladiatorial Arbitration Liaison - an optional court process where an impartial party prepares weapons for each side and assigns an arena. Only one person may leave alive.
Open the Moon Door!
They still use the Moon Door to resolve intractable custody disputes, right?
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:47 pm
Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:18 am
Paingod wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:09 am I assumed it stood for Gladiatorial Arbitration Liaison - an optional court process where an impartial party prepares weapons for each side and assigns an arena. Only one person may leave alive.
Open the Moon Door!
They still use the Moon Door to resolve intractable custody disputes, right?
And parking tickets.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

How did it go? If its our business.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
stessier

Post by stessier »

I know we have no right to expect an update, but F5...F5...F5...F5...F5.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

He'll report when he's ready. Cut him some slack.

Eel, if you could drop us a note to let us know that you're alive, that would help us relax a little. We understand that this is incredibly stressful and that you probably need a little time. Your life is not entertainment to us, we are just concerned.

Peace.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

stessier wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:18 am I know we have no right to expect an update, but F5...F5...F5...F5...F5.
Hopefully spending time with the kids or buying his lawyer a lot of drinks.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Yeah, hopefully things went right. Don't really know Eel Snave, but his post really hit me. Not because I can relate, but because I've seen this several times, and I am sure many people are blindsided by these things (which means it could happen to anyone). i.e. I'm sure when Snave met his wife, in the first several years, he would have NEVER suspected such an outcome.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

My neighbor has a similar-ish custody arrangement, where she has her daughter one day a week, morning to sundown. Always seemed a little extreme, and she has been trying to get more custody (and I think now has her two days a week, morning to sundown). Though I haven't heard anything as extreme behavior-wish from the father compared to Eel Snave's ex-wife (not that I would necessarily).
Black Lives Matter.
DD*

Post by DD* »

GreenGoo wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:26 am He'll report when he's ready. Cut him some slack.

Eel, if you could drop us a note to let us know that you're alive, that would help us relax a little. We understand that this is incredibly stressful and that you probably need a little time. Your life is not entertainment to us, we are just concerned.

Peace.
That is absolutely correct; Drazzil's life is entertainment for us.

Good luck to you, brother Eel. Keep the faith that good things will
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I bet his ex shot him in court.
I hate when that happens.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Especially with rubber bullets from a wooden gun.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

dbt1949 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:43 am I bet his ex shot him in court.
I hate when that happens.
Does the d in dbt stand for dark?
End of line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Hoping you had a productive day.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

Oh mannnnnnnnn. That was INSANE.

So the day started with me back on the stand. We re-established that my ex is making up stories. We re-established the fact that there's no time to do anything with my kids. I spelled out things that I want to do with the kids and why it would be beneficial.

Then the crossexamination started.

Now, my ex's attorney has a slime trail behind him. He looks like he took all of his fashion tips from 80's Lawyer Weekly. He's big on flash, low on substance.

So he starts in on things like the fact that on my personal phone, I have tagged my ex as Voldemort. He asked me who Voldemort was and why then READ THE WIKIPEDIA ENTRY for Voldemort back to me. I explained that it was because we called her "you know who" and it just was an obvious step from there. They wouldn't let it go.

They talked about how I claimed that I didn't use "physical punishment" on my son but that I had pinched him when he was small. (He was in a pinching phase and thought it was funny. He didn't realize that it hurt, so I had to show him that it did. I hugged him afterwards and he stopped.) He went on about how the stuff I claimed that I wanted to do didn't really require overnights.

I took a break from being on the stand after about an hour and I started crying in a side room. It was INTENSE.

It went on like this: He would raise some crazy weird issue and try and tangle me up. He would try and claim that I was careless one time when my daughter fell off a slide at a playground. He talked over me. The judge even had to intervene to get him to let me answer his questions. One time I asked to clarify his question because it didn't seem to make logical sense and he had to admit it.

He tried telling me that I was being unreasonable about my ex and the passport thing. He tried tripping me up and saying that I was being disrespectful to my ex's faith because I pointed out there were child molesters in it. I got a chance to repeat the phrase "child molesters" repeatedly to underline the fact that, yes, I am worried because her religion HARBORS CHILD MOLESTERS.

The GAL had a few questions where she tried to find out where my "line" was on physical discipline. Some redirect from my attorney and a few more questions, and I was done. We took a lunch break and were going to finish up the day in the afternoon.

That's when the crazy hit. CONTINUED.
Downwards Compatible
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

Eel Snave wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 pm That's when the crazy hit. CONTINUED.
Sonofa! Talk about a cliffhanger! Where's the "Next Episode" button when you need one?

- Ash
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

Oh! Something that her attorney was obsessed with: When my daughter was under a year old, I gave her some sips of water and some almond milk. She was thirsty.

Her attorney kept going back to it, like, "You didn't bother to check with your ex to see if that was OK?" I was like, she was thirsty. It was water. They kept talking about it ALL DAY LONG like I gave her herpes.

First, my ex's sister went on the stand. She was a bad witness. The slimy attorney would ask her a question and she would hem and haw before saying "I don't know."

"How many times did Lee use physical discipline?"

[...]

[...]

"I don't know?"

"Well, do you have a number? Just a number."

[...]

[...]

"Like...? Maybe 10?"

THIS IS HER ONLY WITNESS.

At one point, she pointed out how my ex would need to calm down when we'd fight because I would want to talk the problem out and she wouldn't. And so on.

She had this story about when I was married to my ex I followed them around in my car one day until they drove home. It was a weird story because I didn't really do anything in it except apparently follow them in my car?

One of their big contentions was that I took my son out of their house in an angry way when he refused to put on his shoes or boots. They had the problem under control, I didn't need to carry him out, and they were reasoning with him.

So my attorney gets her under cross. One of my favorite parts is when my attorney says, "OK, so you say you can reason with [his son]."

"Yes, from a very young age you could reason with him."

"So in this incident with Lee taking his son out of the house without his boots and coat because he didn't want to put them on, what were you and your sister doing?"

"We were reasoning with him and explaining that it was cold and that he needed to put on his boots."

"Did it work???"

SILENCE. She froze for like ten seconds, which is longer than you think when you're in court.

"It usually does."

"I'm asking you about this specific instance. Did it work?"

"It usually does work."

"But did it work in this case?"

"No."

"And after Lee took his son out of the house, did he put his coat and boots on?"

"Yes."

It was amazing.

Another contention is that she claims that I slapped my son when he was a baby. Her story was this: Me and my son went upstairs. There was a loud slap, and then I came downstairs with Ethan. There were red marks on his face, so she deduced that I slapped my son.

My attorney was like, "Did you see Lee slap his son?" "You saw lines but you didn't see any slap?" "Did Lee say he slapped his son?" Etc. It was weird.

But then the REAL crazy started. My ex got on the stand.

Right from the get-go she began to claim all sorts of things. She claimed that I raped her when we were married. She claimed that in our biggest fight, she didn't try to stab me with a scissors, but just was trying to "create distance" so she could escape. She repeated the claim that I slapped my son. She said that I groped her breast when I lived at my current house while handing off my daughter. Etc. etc.

A few extra things that were of interest: Remember how I said that there was no doctor's record of any choking incident? She doubled down. She repeated the whole incident and that it happened in October 2016 and that the doctor said "OBJECTION". My attorney stopped her because it was hearsay at that point. She claimed that I tried to keep her from going to the doctor too.

She also doubled down on her claim that I left a dirty pad in some of my son's laundry. Now, if I had done so, that would be DISGUSTING. However, ti wasn't. It was a foot from a pair of footie pajamas. It was snow white. It was not, by any stretch of the imagination a dirty feminine pad.

She also claimed in the series of messages that I said that she was just jealous. She has the messages. We gave her attorney a copy. IT'S RIGHT THERE. I said no such thing.

At a few points, I couldn't help but whisper "WOW." I know you're not supposed to, but this was the most impressive pile of bullshit I had ever seen. It was like the Taj Mahal of Bullshit.

There are two kickers: We ran out of time. We still hadn't cross-examined her. But her attorney said, "Well, we have a bunch of exhibits that we have to show" and had a stack of paper. My attorney had never seen these exhibits. During TWO depositions they were never presented. So now he's going to have to do a THIRD deposition and be like, "Give me all that paperwork."

But then, after her pile of bullshit, the judge calmly said, "Here's what I don't understand. Now, in August when we had our first date, you said you didn't want your daughter to be overnight with Lee until January. Now, you're saying you don't want her at his house until March. You're saying that she needs time to transition to overnights, right? So why haven't you started transitioning her to overnights?"

She froze. Her attorney jumped in and claimed that we hadn't come to an agreement. My attorney said that we'll take any overnight at any time.

So clearly, the judge wasn't fooled. The vast majority of what she presented was from BEFORE the divorce (which my attorney didn't want to object to because he didn't want to make it seem like I had something to hide) and the stuff that was AFTER the divorce was light on substance (see the Almond Milk Incident, the Boob Grope, the Dirty Pad, etc.)

It was the weirdest day I have had in a long, long, long time.

We go back on Veteran's Day. The judge has a poker face, but he made a comment about how he wanted to get this done. I think he's just as sick of it as we are.
Downwards Compatible
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I hate commercials. This is why God invented DVRs.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

I hope you are taking good care of yourself!! That sounds terrible, hopefully it’ll all be worth it and you’ll get your kids back.
Black Lives Matter
Trent Steel

Post by Trent Steel »

18-1™ & 2-0
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

Trent Steel wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:41 pm Image
THANKS NOOB-NOOB (belch)
Downwards Compatible
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Good Luck!
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Wow, hang in there and good luck!

I kind of thought (naively) this would be over in a day or two. You might want to reconsider posting anymore until this is done. No idea what a lawyer could do with your posts, but why tempt fate?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Other than that how was your day?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

dbt1949 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:48 pm Other than that how was your day?
I ate a really good burger at lunch, so that was cool.
Downwards Compatible
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

stessier wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:47 pm Wow, hang in there and good luck!

I kind of thought (naively) this would be over in a day or two. You might want to reconsider posting anymore until this is done. No idea what a lawyer could do with your posts, but why tempt fate?
Yeah, I've only got a month to wait now, so I won't say much else on anything that changes. Yeah, was this day a fringe character from the first season of 30 Rock because it was RIDIKOLUS.
Downwards Compatible
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Note to self: Never ever get married, not even to somebody on the new Donald Daters app. :mrgreen:
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Eel Snave wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:44 pm Oh! Something that her attorney was obsessed with: When my daughter was under a year old, I gave her some sips of water and some almond milk. She was thirsty.

Her attorney kept going back to it, like, "You didn't bother to check with your ex to see if that was OK?" I was like, she was thirsty. It was water. They kept talking about it ALL DAY LONG like I gave her herpes.

First, my ex's sister went on the stand. She was a bad witness. The slimy attorney would ask her a question and she would hem and haw before saying "I don't know."

"How many times did Lee use physical discipline?"

[...]

[...]

"I don't know?"

"Well, do you have a number? Just a number."

[...]

[...]

"Like...? Maybe 10?"

THIS IS HER ONLY WITNESS.

At one point, she pointed out how my ex would need to calm down when we'd fight because I would want to talk the problem out and she wouldn't. And so on.

She had this story about when I was married to my ex I followed them around in my car one day until they drove home. It was a weird story because I didn't really do anything in it except apparently follow them in my car?

One of their big contentions was that I took my son out of their house in an angry way when he refused to put on his shoes or boots. They had the problem under control, I didn't need to carry him out, and they were reasoning with him.

So my attorney gets her under cross. One of my favorite parts is when my attorney says, "OK, so you say you can reason with [his son]."

"Yes, from a very young age you could reason with him."

"So in this incident with Lee taking his son out of the house without his boots and coat because he didn't want to put them on, what were you and your sister doing?"

"We were reasoning with him and explaining that it was cold and that he needed to put on his boots."

"Did it work???"

SILENCE. She froze for like ten seconds, which is longer than you think when you're in court.

"It usually does."

"I'm asking you about this specific instance. Did it work?"

"It usually does work."

"But did it work in this case?"

"No."

"And after Lee took his son out of the house, did he put his coat and boots on?"

"Yes."

It was amazing.

Another contention is that she claims that I slapped my son when he was a baby. Her story was this: Me and my son went upstairs. There was a loud slap, and then I came downstairs with Ethan. There were red marks on his face, so she deduced that I slapped my son.

My attorney was like, "Did you see Lee slap his son?" "You saw lines but you didn't see any slap?" "Did Lee say he slapped his son?" Etc. It was weird.

But then the REAL crazy started. My ex got on the stand.

Right from the get-go she began to claim all sorts of things. She claimed that I raped her when we were married. She claimed that in our biggest fight, she didn't try to stab me with a scissors, but just was trying to "create distance" so she could escape. She repeated the claim that I slapped my son. She said that I groped her breast when I lived at my current house while handing off my daughter. Etc. etc.

A few extra things that were of interest: Remember how I said that there was no doctor's record of any choking incident? She doubled down. She repeated the whole incident and that it happened in October 2016 and that the doctor said "OBJECTION". My attorney stopped her because it was hearsay at that point. She claimed that I tried to keep her from going to the doctor too.

She also doubled down on her claim that I left a dirty pad in some of my son's laundry. Now, if I had done so, that would be DISGUSTING. However, ti wasn't. It was a foot from a pair of footie pajamas. It was snow white. It was not, by any stretch of the imagination a dirty feminine pad.

She also claimed in the series of messages that I said that she was just jealous. She has the messages. We gave her attorney a copy. IT'S RIGHT THERE. I said no such thing.

At a few points, I couldn't help but whisper "WOW." I know you're not supposed to, but this was the most impressive pile of bullshit I had ever seen. It was like the Taj Mahal of Bullshit.

There are two kickers: We ran out of time. We still hadn't cross-examined her. But her attorney said, "Well, we have a bunch of exhibits that we have to show" and had a stack of paper. My attorney had never seen these exhibits. During TWO depositions they were never presented. So now he's going to have to do a THIRD deposition and be like, "Give me all that paperwork."

But then, after her pile of bullshit, the judge calmly said, "Here's what I don't understand. Now, in August when we had our first date, you said you didn't want your daughter to be overnight with Lee until January. Now, you're saying you don't want her at his house until March. You're saying that she needs time to transition to overnights, right? So why haven't you started transitioning her to overnights?"

She froze. Her attorney jumped in and claimed that we hadn't come to an agreement. My attorney said that we'll take any overnight at any time.

So clearly, the judge wasn't fooled. The vast majority of what she presented was from BEFORE the divorce (which my attorney didn't want to object to because he didn't want to make it seem like I had something to hide) and the stuff that was AFTER the divorce was light on substance (see the Almond Milk Incident, the Boob Grope, the Dirty Pad, etc.)

It was the weirdest day I have had in a long, long, long time.

We go back on Veteran's Day. The judge has a poker face, but he made a comment about how he wanted to get this done. I think he's just as sick of it as we are.
That is some cra-zay.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

em2nought wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:03 pm Note to self: Never ever get married, not even to somebody on the new Donald Daters app. :mrgreen:
No way that’s an actual thi....bwahahahahahahahah

BTW, all their user data got leaked
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

I can't imagine the crazy, nor the court and lawyer drama, but as a father I can imagine being separated from my kids and that leads to a dark place. I hope that no matter what else happens, you get your fair share of time with them and that they can someday appreciate what you do for them.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Sorry to hear about all of this, I wish you and your son well, your ex-wife, not so much.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

"Angry carrying" is such a weird thing for them to pick out as an apparent bombshell (in their minds).
Black Lives Matter.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Skinypupy wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:43 pm
em2nought wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:03 pm Note to self: Never ever get married, not even to somebody on the new Donald Daters app. :mrgreen:
No way that’s an actual thi....bwahahahahahahahah
Bahahaha was my reaction too! :mrgreen:
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I have no words - but unless the judge is completely brain dead, this can't seem to end any way but in your favor. Times like this remind me of how much I hate that the legal system seems to be split 90/10 in favor of women when it comes to kids.

Stay strong, try and take care of yourself. Don't let the crazy ex create a black hole that you fall into.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Inbreeding never ends well.

Anyway...

My parents went through an incredibly nasty divorce when I was around 11. When I say nasty, I mean "cops show up and arrest my dad in the middle of the night because he angrily threatened my mother during an argument on the phone" nasty. The one thing that has remained with me to this day is hearing my father being told he had to relinquish his belt at the jail (I had to ride along until my mother could come get me), and when I asked why, the idiot cop decided it was a good idea to tell an 11 year old that it was because they didn't want him hanging himself in his cell.

Divorce sucks. But it's especially hard on the kids. I hope this gets resolved and that it eventually leads to less acrimony between the two of you. Because right now, I can assure you that no matter how bad you think you have it, your kids are suffering far more.
He won. Period.
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

hepcat wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:29 am Divorce sucks. But it's especially hard on the kids. I hope this gets resolved and that it eventually leads to less acrimony between the two of you. Because right now, I can assure you that no matter how bad you think you have it, your kids are suffering far more.
I hear you. I'm trying to shield my kids as much as possible from this, but I can tell that they're still getting stressed out. Whenever I have my son, he doesn't stop hugging me for practically the entire time and it breaks my heart.
Downwards Compatible
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Also, as mentioned, take care of yourself...mentally. Maybe consider counselling, at least a few sessions, even if you think you don't need it. Even if it's just to vent and cry and talk it out verbally with someone, who is not your lawyer, or even a biased friend.

That's some seriously stressful shit, man, so sorry to hear about it, but HOPEFULLY justice/truth will prevail here.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Eel Snave wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:44 pmFirst, my ex's sister went on the stand. She was a bad witness.
I think you mean, she was an "unattractive" witness, no? That's the more common parlance in modern times when describing witnesses...by attractiveness (or not).

(sorry, couldn't help it)