Tomorrow is a big day i.e. Lee's not bitching about things this time

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

naednek

Re: Tomorrow is a big day

Post by naednek »

yes ISG's "joke" went way over my head on this one. For once GreenGoo's captain obvious paid off :)
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
naednek

Post by naednek »

GreenGoo wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:10 pm
And I totally get that there was no ill-will directed at Isgrim. I'm not "protecting him from bullies" or anything. I legitimately thought that there might be confusion on some peoples' part, especially when I felt their responses missed the point entirely. Honestly "he's broken" makes no sense to me. What's the funny bit?

I absolutely am demanding that humor be clever though. So maybe that's all it was.

Sorry for the snark.

I thought ISG's reply was in the wrong thread. ISG is often referred as being a bot because of his quick with and knowledge. So I thought the bot was broken by what I thought was a reply in the wrong thread. Your explanation ironically actually cleared it up for me and was hoping we quietly move on :)
Last edited by naednek on Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Thank you for saying that. I thought there was a chance that that might be true, which is why I stepped in. I also left an out in case I was wrong or you needed an easy exit.

I don't do these things in a vacuum.

Peace.

Post by Default »

GreenGoo wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:26 am Thank you for saying that. I thought there was a chance that that might be true, which is why I stepped in. I also left an out in case I was wrong or you needed an easy exit.

I don't do these things in a vacuum.

Peace.
That's what you get for flunking out of astronaut college.
"pcp, lsd, thc, tgb...it's all good." ~ Kraken
Eel Snave

Re: Tomorrow is a big day i.e. Lee bitches about his ex-wife

Post by Eel Snave »

Update: She's now threatening that I'm going to be responsible for all child care costs between 4pm and 5pm when she previously agreed that I wouldn't. I might have to drag her in front of a judge again.

Narcissists, man.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

She's a totally nuts trial nympho..abort! abort! DIVE DIVE...for God's sake pull up...ohhh the huge manatee!!

In all seriousness though ...geezus. Im left shaking my head at the crazy. And the mean. Thats just not right bro. I know we are getting only one side but its you man and I will go with you. Id say good luck but I think luck hit the trails a few days ago.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

Well, I've made a huge mental health decision. She was contacting me with this app called "Our Family Wizard" which would send me notifications whenever she did something. When my phone vibrates, I get nauseous now.

So I turned all notifications off. I'll get an email every morning with what happened in the previous day.

I can control how she contacts me. If it's urgent, she can call me. I record my phone calls. Done. /wipes hands clean
Downwards Compatible
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

That helped my sanity when I left town in 2008. The ex had my cell number and would randomly call and want to yell at me. The phone does not need to be answered. I contacted her solely on my terms and time.

Obviously, children complicate matters.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

I'm confused, I thought the "new" normal was that we as a society must believe all women even if they offer zero evidence? :mrgreen:
two months
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Eel Snave wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:58 pm I might have to drag her in front of a judge again.
Judges really, really love when people come get dragged back because they've been ignoring court orders.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

em2nought wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:30 pm I'm confused, I thought the "new" normal was that we as a society must believe all women even if they offer zero evidence? :mrgreen:
You know, I've been grappling with this. Women deserve to be believed, you know? For far too long, woman have been simply ignored when they're mistreated, and it sucks.

But I think about the thing that really broke open the #metoo era. Rose McGowan was SCREAMING about Hollywood's culture of abuse for years but no one paid any attention. It wasn't until her claims were vetted and thoroughly pursued by a reporter who verified and fact-checked that the dam broke.

So, women SHOULD be believed when there are problems. But, just like all people should be, there's a standard of evidence. Does it pass the basic sniff test? Do their actions demonstrate that they're telling the truth, or are they behaving one way while claiming something else?

I bring this back to my ex-wife. She's made some CRAZY claims, but y'all don't know me from Adam. I could have bodies of girlfriends stacked like cordwood in my basement. I could go home and scream at my kids and hit my dog and rip the tags off of mattresses. So the question comes down to, if someone is accusing someone else of something MAJOR, are they willing to put their money where their mouth is? If both male and female judges weigh the evidence and decide there's nothing there, is it worth believing?

Sorry, didn't mean to throw some deep thoughts into this thread.
Downwards Compatible
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Eel Snave wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:40 pm y'all don't know me from Adam. I could have bodies of girlfriends stacked like cordwood in my basement. I could go home and scream at my kids and hit my dog and rip the tags off of mattresses.
Nah.
:D
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Equating sexual assault claims with a lying ex during a messy divorce and custody battle is dishonest.

Please don't deign to address em2's nonsense.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

'People' should be heard not women not men but people. Vettings should be for all.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Eel Snave wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:58 pmI might have to drag her in front of a judge again.
No might about it, man. If she's threatening to break the agreement, you need to get it lawyered hard and fast. Start building a harassment case against her, how she's using the system to torment you, and how her actions are harming your children and damaging your mental health.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Eel Snave wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:58 pm Update: She's now threatening that I'm going to be responsible for all child care costs between 4pm and 5pm when she previously agreed that I wouldn't. I might have to drag her in front of a judge again.

Narcissists, man.
What child care costs are there that are particular to 4 to 5 pm? After school expenses?
Black Lives Matter.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:11 am
Eel Snave wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:58 pm Update: She's now threatening that I'm going to be responsible for all child care costs between 4pm and 5pm when she previously agreed that I wouldn't. I might have to drag her in front of a judge again.

Narcissists, man.
What child care costs are there that are particular to 4 to 5 pm? After school expenses?
That's happy hour, man. Free hors d'oeuvres and 1/2 price wine!
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Ripping tags off mattresses? Oh, man.. you probably shouldn't have gone there.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Maybe it's been said already, but is there even the slightest chance she could find this thread?

I'd just hate to have her somehow figure out how use it against you.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

She's never heard of Gone Gold. Maybe she knows of Gaming Trend, but has no idea about the diaspora to Octopus Overlords. I'm pretty safe here.
Downwards Compatible
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:11 am

Narcissists, man.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Downwards Compatible
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

Hey folks, I don't know if this is against board rules or not, but I'm struggling. I created a GoFundMe about my legal fees and I'm out here, hat in hand because I suck.

Mods, feel free to nuke this comment if it's not allowed.

https://www.gofundme.com/help-me-with-f ... legal-fees
Downwards Compatible
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

There have been a couple of others over the years, including mine. You've been around forever. On OO, that makes you family.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Done!
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

Well, the most recent thing is that her attorney is asking for discovery. We're done with the trial, but now they're digging for more. Here's what they want: ALL of my work punches since December. In and out. If I don't want to turn those in, they've included a handy sheet that I can sign that gives them access to everything through my work at any time and on into the future. How convenient of them! I denied it.
Downwards Compatible
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Isn't that sort of thing up to your employer?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

Well, I can decide whether or not to sign the form. To be honest, though, I can't see my employer willingly handing over information like that. All of it is stupid.
Downwards Compatible
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Do what your lawyer says you should do, in the way they tell you. That's all I've got. I'm terribly sorry this seems to have gone from bad to worse.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Eel Snave wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:24 pm Well, the most recent thing is that her attorney is asking for discovery. We're done with the trial, but now they're digging for more. Here's what they want: ALL of my work punches since December. In and out. If I don't want to turn those in, they've included a handy sheet that I can sign that gives them access to everything through my work at any time and on into the future. How convenient of them! I denied it.
What's the point of that? Are they hoping to show that you're not going to work and are an unreliable provider or something like that?

Anyway, Smoove's recommendation to do what your lawyer recommends is correct.
Black Lives Matter.
Eel Snave

Re: Tomorrow is a big day i.e. Lee's not bitching about things this time

Post by Eel Snave »

So, I happened to be looking on GOG.com and saw that I got a free game. Not sure where that happened, but then it made me wonder if one of you crazies had something to do with it. I don't think so, but I just thought I'd pop in with an hola.

My ex has been leaving me alone, thankfully, and life's going back to normal. I started seeing a therapist who pointed out that I've basically been depressed for the last few years because I've been dealing with so much of this stuff. I never really noticed, which was eye-opening. I got super overweight in that time, I'm up to 260 and I feel every pound of it.

Even with that, we're still doing good. My wife and I have FIVE GODDAMN CATS now. One of them was a kitten who was found in the middle of the road by a friend of mine, and she's a complete asshole who ends up digging in our garbage can, SO THAT'S COOL.
Downwards Compatible
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Good to see you! Sounds like your life is gradually starting to normalize - that's great.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

We have a weight loss thread, plenty of exercise threads, and a few experts on cats. Stick around!
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

Good God, just found this thread and reread all the crazy shit that happened that I'd forgotten about. Fun times!

Update: Both my son and my daughter are doing great. The boy is handsome as ever:

The girl is very, very silly.

The ex-wife is still trying to stir shit up here and there. She was really nice during COVID and has now gone right back to her insanity. It's fine, it rolls off me now, for the most part. The kids hate her religion and go crazy over there because they're not allowed to be themselves. Everything will work out eventually.
Downwards Compatible
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Congrats on things turning out well.

Honestly looking back on it I think this all would've gone more smoothly if you'd changed your name from "Eel Snave". I feel like that name probably gives people the wrong idea. You're not even an eel!
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Eel Snave wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:55 pm The ex-wife is still trying to stir shit up here and there. She was really nice during COVID and has now gone right back to her insanity. It's fine, it rolls off me now, for the most part. The kids hate her religion and go crazy over there because they're not allowed to be themselves. Everything will work out eventually.
Part of me wants to make a contextless reference to North Korea lobbing missiles out to sea, but I will refrain. Glad to hear things are going well.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:30 pm You're not even an eel!
Perhaps. Perhaps not. But he DOES seem quite Snavey if you ask me.