[Film] Happy Death Day 2 - Feb 14, 2019

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

[Film] Happy Death Day 2 - Feb 14, 2019

Post by Isgrimnur »

Collider
When we spoke to [Jessica] Rothe, she teased that Happy Death Day 2U shares some DNA with Back to the Future:

“Chris has done this incredible thing where the sequel, the way he described it to me, elevates the movie from being a horror movie – and I wouldn’t even say it’s just a horror movie because it’s a horror, comedy, rom-com drama – into a Back to the Future type of genre film where the sequel joins us right from where we left off, it explains a lot of things in the first one that didn’t get explained, and it elevates everything. I was really pleased to know that we weren’t just gonna be pushing all the buttons that people loved the first time, over and over again, ‘cause I think that gets old.”
It's almost as if people are the problem.
gameoverman

Re: [Film] Happy Death Day 2 - Feb 14, 2019

Post by gameoverman »

I did not see the first one in theaters because I got the impression it was aimed at 12 year olds. I did see it later though and found it was entertaining. In particular I thought the actress who played the head of the sorority was comedy gold. It's a movie that showed a lot of promise, and I can believe that the second one has the potential to be a break out movie that makes this a new franchise. The lead actress had no problem carrying that movie, so they have a lot to build on.
hepcat

Re: [Film] Happy Death Day 2 - Feb 14, 2019

Post by hepcat »

Saw the trailer before Halloween on Sunday. I loved that they tell you who the murderer was in the first one during said trailer. I had some desire to see the first one but had forgotten about it. What ticks me off is that there really was no reason to give that away in the trailer. It had absolutely no bearing on what they were trying to do.
He won. Period.