Thanksgiving 2018

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Thanksgiving 2018

Post by Daehawk »

Might as well kick this off early so as to gather intell.

This year we are truly alone for the holidays. The last cousin passed away Christmas day last year. He is where we always went for Thanksgiving and Christmas. No one left but us. So we're trying to start rounding up info on who is open to eat at on Thanksgiving. We have both a Cracker Barrel and a Golden Corral so those are both options to us. But Ive not been to one on Thanksgiving day so I dont know how good the food is or how large the wait is. Due to physical problems we simply CANNOT stand in a line and wait.

Any opinions of good food with little to no wait lines on Thanksgiving? Or is this idea a lost cause and I should just get some brown'n serve rolls and call it a holiday at home?

Going to be a sad pair of big holidays.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
TheMix

Re: Thanksgiving 2018

Post by TheMix »

Make a reservation. Minimal to no waiting. Problem solved.

Though since you like to cook, it seems like you'd get a lot more bang for your buck if you bought a turkey and some other stuff and cooked the meal yourself. Cheaper than a restaurant, and you'd end up with leftovers.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:47 am Or just mail order one.
Sounds expensive. How about ordering the whole meal from Publix, Sonny's, or something locally equivalent? That's how I'm going to roll this year. You also get leftovers this way! I've done the Publix once before and it was good. https://www.publix.com/pd/publix-deli-f ... HML-120523
two months
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Our local Harps store sells the whole kit and caboodle. There is probably something similar in a store near you.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

There is a pretty good truck stop near my parents but that's not gonna help you. I'm not sure how to know what's pretty good around you. And isn't Chinese Buffet on the holidays pretty much a universal decision for those eating out but not observing? It may very well become tradition in the event I ever become "It's just me", may that day never arrive.

Also, while my mom still prepares the best holiday meals you can possibly imagine, brown and serve rolls are part of those meals, and I like 'em. They're hot bread that sop up gravy just right.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Yes would recommend reservations and when you make the reservations, inform them about the physical limitations and see what they say.
Black Lives Matter
DD*

Post by DD* »

You can always go to Canada.

We do Buca di Beppo on Christmas day, so I'm sure they are open on Thanksgiving. With reservations (and going early) we get ~10 of us in and out in a jiffy. YMMV, of course.
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I’ve had the big turkey dinners done by Publix (grocery chain) before, and it was decent enough. It came with the turkey and all of the important sides. I’m not sure of the cost though.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Here we can get the full monte from Marie Calendar's. They do an awesome job with full boxes ready to go. You'd best get there early because if not the line goes around the block.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Only Marie Calendar's I know are the frozen stuff. But I do like them.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

My plans are totally up in the air with about 20 variables but there's a chance I will be in Ann Arbor on the 24th. If so, I'm soo going to the UM/OSU.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:39 pm My plans are totally up in the air with about 20 variables but there's a chance I will be in Ann Arbor on the 24th. If so, I'm soo going to the UM/OSU.
Thought that was away. OtoOH, the Lions should be home game on the 22nd. :lol:
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:43 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:39 pm My plans are totally up in the air with about 20 variables but there's a chance I will be in Ann Arbor on the 24th. If so, I'm soo going to the UM/OSU.
Thought that was away. OtoOH, the Lions should be home game on the 22nd. :lol:
Oh yeah, it is. Guess I'll be going to one of my old haunts if I'm in town.

Already have tickets to the Lions at Bears on the 11th.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT