Affordable bluetooth speakers that can compete with wired?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Blackhawk

Affordable bluetooth speakers that can compete with wired?

Post by Blackhawk »

The title says it all! The speaker I have in my bedroom is actually my ten year old sound bar, and it's gotten to the point that it isn't usable, cutting out every five minutes or so. We use this all the time, and I need to replace it. 90% of the time it is used with a tablet for music or podcasts.

I can get a decent sounding set of computer speakers to replace it for $40 or less (although probably not until Christmas), but a speaker I could have on the painting table during the day and move to the headboard at night would be really, really nice. Is there a bluetooth speaker that gives comparable music sound quality to the $40 wired speakers for a comparable price? The ability to listen on rugged mountain trails, sunny beaches, or underwater is not needed.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
TheMix

Re: Affordable bluetooth speakers that can compete with wired?

Post by TheMix »

I don't have an answer. The bluetooth speaker that I have isn't great. The battery lasts forever (practically), but the volume doesn't get very loud. I use it in the bathroom, but can barely hear it when the shower is running.

That said, watch Woot. They frequently have speakers. Obviously you'd want to try and find some reviews. But with your Prime membership, you get free shipping. So that's another savings.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Take a look at the Wonderboom. I have one at home and it's very portable but has great sound quality. A little higher than $40 but a good product. And the size really makes it convenient to take it from room to room.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
morlac

Post by morlac »

https://www.amazon.com/Jawbone-Wireless ... ker+jambox

jam box mini. I have 2 of them. Great sound in a little package. Great price.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

I think Cambridge Soundworks OontZ Angle 3 Ultra is likely your best bet. It gets rock solid reviews and definitely provides the best bang for your buck under $40.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke