Joker 1 & 2 [movie]

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Torfish

Re: Joker [movie]

Post by Torfish »

Saw the movie over the weekend. My wife and I loved it. Don't expect a superhero movie.

Excellent movie all around including the cinematography. We already want to see it again.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ryan Reynolds congratulates Joker on beating Deadpool 2 at the box office.

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I just got back. I really, really liked this movie. Phoenix was fantastic in it. I also thought the Batman mythos stuff was a good fit (although they might have been better off simply suggesting one particular scene.)
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
morlac

Post by morlac »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:56 pm I just got back. I really, really liked this movie. Phoenix was fantastic in it. I also thought the Batman mythos stuff was a good fit (although they might have been better off simply suggesting one particular scene.)
Me and the wife loved it as well. Needs a second viewing for sure. Who knows what was real and what wasn't? That's the beauty of it, It's cannon proof this way. I saw a suggestion that this should be a 3 movie series with each one being a different Joker origin story told as a flashback but all starring Phoenix. That would be brilliant!
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

JOKER 2: FOLIE A DEUX Trailer (2024)
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Skinypupy

Re: Joker 1 & 2 [movie]

Post by Skinypupy »

Lady Gaga used to really annoy me (back in the "meat dress" days) but it's impossible to ignore what a massively talented and all-around cool human being she is. I'm definitely interested in seeing this, mostly to watch her.

And that last shot in the trailer is amazing.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Yeah I think it looks fantastic. I loved the first one, and I'm a big Gaga fan. I used to also get a little rolly-eyes at her "weird pop star" antics but in hindsight it was all just brilliant marketing. No different than what Elton John and David Bowie were doing back in the day.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Always thought she was cool because she wrote her one music. Talented. She was put down to and made fun of so I always root for the underdog or the bullied.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

I wouldn’t want my performance to be judged against Margot Robbie in her prime. Gaga is really taking risks as an actress.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It looks like Oscar-bait to me.
It's almost as if people are the problem.