[Phone]Time to upgrade, or can it be fixed?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

DD*

[Phone]Time to upgrade, or can it be fixed?

Post by DD* »

Currently have an Apple 6S (the big one) and it does everything I need a phone to do - until recently. Started failing on the touch access to the point that I can't use that function at all. After messing with it in various ways, I'm pretty well convinced that the sensor is hosed. Is it worth it for me to try and get it fixed, or should I just bite the bullet and get a new phone (likely the iPhone 8, whatever the larger model number is....)

I hate the thought of paying for a phone (and new accessories!) but not have fingerprint ID is a serious problem for me.

Thoughts/comments/concerns?

Thanks,

DD
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
hitbyambulance

Re: [Phone]Time to upgrade, or can it be fixed?

Post by hitbyambulance »

the proximity sensor could be an easy repair (and not very expensive). i'd recommend investigating your options.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Given that you referenced fingerprint, I'm guessing its the home button that isn't registering touch? If that's it, it should be a really easy and not terribly expensive fix. If it's touch on the screen, that's a bigger issue.
DD*

Post by DD* »

gbasden wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:03 pm Given that you referenced fingerprint, I'm guessing its the home button that isn't registering touch? If that's it, it should be a really easy and not terribly expensive fix. If it's touch on the screen, that's a bigger issue.
Correct - it will not recognize the fingerprint ID when using the home button. I've reset the fingerprint several times with no success, and upgraded to the latest version of OS as well with no change. The fault is associated with the finger print reading itself, near as I can tell - it flat does not work for any application. I'll have to see if they can work some magic before I trade it in.
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

It could be the home button is broken. I'd say take it to iPhone repair shop and see what they say.

edit: I checked online, it's probably a $50 fix and takes 30 or so minutes.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds