Post by Jaymann »

She needs some kind of kryptonite.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Re: Avengers: End Game

Post by hepcat »

I'm just glad the Ant Man/Thanos' Butt Theory wasn't added in the 11th hour.
He won. Period.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

hepcat wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:55 pm I'm just glad the Ant Man/Thanos' Butt Theory wasn't added in the 11th hour.
Yeah, that really merits a standalone film - I agree.
Black Lives Matter.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

It could be a standalone film outside the normal MCU franchise. Sort of like Tod Phillip's Joker in relation to the DCU. That way you could shoot for an R rating and really give the film the gritty feel it deserves.
He won. Period.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

hepcat wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:25 pm It could be a standalone film outside the normal MCU franchise. Sort of like Tod Phillip's Joker in relation to the DCU. That way you could shoot for an R rating and really give the film the gritty feel it deserves.
"gritty"?
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Thanos eats a lot of roughage.
He won. Period.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

hepcat wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:43 pm Thanos eats a lot of roughage.
Why do you think he wanted a garden?
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

So he could grow a "head" of lettuce?

...i hate myself.
He won. Period.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

hepcat wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:51 am 2) When Black Widow and Hawkeye Pierce land on Mordor Vormir, could they (or more precisely, Nebula) have landed the damn ship closer than 27 miles from the bloody mountain?
Rewatched Endgame on this week's flight and had this exact same thought.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Skinypupy wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:01 pm
hepcat wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:51 am 2) When Black Widow and Hawkeye Pierce land on Mordor Vormir, could they (or more precisely, Nebula) have landed the damn ship closer than 27 miles from the bloody mountain?
Rewatched Endgame on this week's flight and had this exact same thought.
I believe they mentioned that the yellow soul stone zone is for loading and unloading only. no parking.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Brian

Post by Brian »

Don't give me any of your Yellow Soul Stone Zone shit again.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

Brian wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:18 pm Don't give me any of your Yellow Soul Stone Zone shit again.
Somebody picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:57 pm
disarm wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:37 pm
Jaymon wrote:so this is the theory.
we know that Thanos can be damaged, and that he has a mortal level of reaction time. After all, he gets hit from Thors axe without dodging it, and its a very serious wound.

What is to stop Captain Marvel from flying at near light speed, slamming straight through Thanos, and ending the fight in a spray of atomized gore?
You're forgetting that Thanos wears special plot armor with resistance that varies according to the needs of the story...
That is one thing that bothered me marginally about End Game. In Infinity War the Avengers almost defeated Thanos a couple times (most notably when the Guardians, Iron Man, Spider-Man, and Dr. Strange succeed in binding Thanos and almost getting the gauntlet off) yet those Avengers + more + Captain Marvel (who can fly through spaceships) somehow can't defeat Past Thanos in combat.

But you know, superheroes, I guess.
having just seen this*, this was the part that bothered me most. what if Thanos was in his ship and Ms. Deus ex Machina rammed through it, but somewhere in there was on a direct trajectory to he point where Thanos was standing for collision? would she just bounce off?

disarm wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:37 pm You're forgetting that Thanos wears special plot armor with resistance that varies according to the needs of the story...
unfortunately this appears to be the correct answer.

you see what happens when you put nearly god-like superheroes in your comic universe? the plot suffers and continuity dies, every time.
just... stupid.

* was supposed to go with the office team to see this in the theater on April 29, 2019, but the day before i got into a seriously gnarly bike accident where i hit a cut-out area of the road in a downhill road construction area, flipped over the handlebars and landed on my head. i came to in the trauma center ER with no memory of the last few hours and i didn't get my short-term memory back until a couple hours later. diagnosed with a moderate concussion and i spent three weeks out of the office unable to really concentrate on anything, etc etc - needless to say i didn't get to go to the film, and i come to you from this timeline (not an alternate one) to come back up to speed