Avengers: End Game

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Blackhawk

Re: Avengers: End Game

Post by Blackhawk »

I will answer with my favorite pen-and-paper GMing answer:

"Whatever the plot requires."
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:37 am
Blackhawk wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:47 am Animals were absolutely, 100% including, even the sentient, non-sapient varieties. Kevin Feige confirmed it. Half of all puppies, kittens, cockroaches, and pink winged alien elephants. And half of Rocket, because there is only one of him.
Interesting. Though that raises the question - when Thanos is eliminating "half of all living things", are we talking a giant pool of every living being, or does each pool get divided in half? Like, is it half of humans, half of dogs, half of cats, etc., or is it (humans + cats + dogs) / 2? Because if it's the latter, a lot of the lives are going to wind up being fruit flies, mosquitoes, ants, etc., such that the human / intelligent loss would probably wind up being considerably less than half.
I think it has to be (entire pool of all life)/2. Otherwise how does Thanos 'aim' at half of each kind of life? For one thing, he'd have to have complete knowledge of every single type of life before he could decide to to kill half of one of those types. What if there were lizard people on an unknown lizard planet? How do you kill any of them if you don't know they exist? I think the stones empower the wearer but I don't think the idea is the stones act on general orders.
Thanos-"Kill exactly half of each kind of lifeform in the universe."
Gauntlet-"Okay, lucky for you we have an up to date list of all lifeforms, so we can get this done in a snap."
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

gameoverman wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:24 pm
El Guapo wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:37 am
Blackhawk wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:47 am Animals were absolutely, 100% including, even the sentient, non-sapient varieties. Kevin Feige confirmed it. Half of all puppies, kittens, cockroaches, and pink winged alien elephants. And half of Rocket, because there is only one of him.
Interesting. Though that raises the question - when Thanos is eliminating "half of all living things", are we talking a giant pool of every living being, or does each pool get divided in half? Like, is it half of humans, half of dogs, half of cats, etc., or is it (humans + cats + dogs) / 2? Because if it's the latter, a lot of the lives are going to wind up being fruit flies, mosquitoes, ants, etc., such that the human / intelligent loss would probably wind up being considerably less than half.
I think it has to be (entire pool of all life)/2. Otherwise how does Thanos 'aim' at half of each kind of life? For one thing, he'd have to have complete knowledge of every single type of life before he could decide to to kill half of one of those types. What if there were lizard people on an unknown lizard planet? How do you kill any of them if you don't know they exist? I think the stones empower the wearer but I don't think the idea is the stones act on general orders.
Thanos-"Kill exactly half of each kind of lifeform in the universe."
Gauntlet-"Okay, lucky for you we have an up to date list of all lifeforms, so we can get this done in a snap."
Lol, you just made me think of every application I own.

Thanos- "Gauntlet, kill half of each kind of lifeform in the universe!"

Gauntlet- Updating....
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

gameoverman wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:24 pm I think it has to be (entire pool of all life)/2. Otherwise how does Thanos 'aim' at half of each kind of life? For one thing, he'd have to have complete knowledge of every single type of life before he could decide to to kill half of one of those types. What if there were lizard people on an unknown lizard planet? How do you kill any of them if you don't know they exist? I think the stones empower the wearer but I don't think the idea is the stones act on general orders.
Pretty sure the soul stone, mind stone and the space stone could take care of all that. Soul stone can smell out this 'sentient life' with the help of the power and space stone, it could find it anywhere, and with the time stone - it could happen in no time flat.

So I would argue it absoluetly could kill off species he's not even aware of, just like it could kill off people he is personally aware of. Why are you ok with the general order 'half of that there human race', but not 'half of all the souls of the universe' ?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Freyland wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:31 pm Gauntlet- Updating....
:ugeek: ... time stone

:wink: :D
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Final trailer. I'm still not really sure what to think. :?

When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

It looks dark, which you'd think it should be after 50% of life is snuffed out.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

So how did Thor get his old hammer? Confirmed time travel?

EDITED to add:

The hammer is too big to be the old one. So is that the Stormbreaker?
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

I don't know why, but the last shot in that trailer gives me the feels.
JCC

Post by JCC »

I think today's trailer was just goose bump inducing awesomeness. I can't wait to see this on opening Friday with a bunch of my co-worker friends!!!!!
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Just read an article that said Ant Man could defeat Thanos by going up his butt.
This sounds really cool.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Totally unexpected angle to "ants in your pants".
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

I guess it's also worth adding that the Ant Man character started off as a small time burglar, so he is probably accustomed to going in through the back door.

Okay, maybe it wasn't worth it.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Trying to buy tickets for this movie today has been an adventure.

The AMC app and website simply won't work, and the Regal app won't actually create a ticket for me for any showtime I try to pick. Oy.
Hodor.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Deadline
In addition, the frenzy for Avengers: Endgame tickets is so huge, it’s crashing sites. Ticket buyers are getting a 503 error code on AMC, and some users on Atom and Fandango are having difficulty too. But that’s a sign that business is strong, and it’s par for the course for any ticket retailer’s sites whenever there is a rush for a hot act. You just get boxed out. Keep trying.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Freyland wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:40 pm I guess it's also worth adding that the Ant Man character started off as a small time burglar, so he is probably accustomed to going in through the back door.

Quality, underrated post. Made me giggle.
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
JCC

Post by JCC »

One of the mangers at work bought 10 tickets for a bunch of us to go. We had some issues on the Regal site at first (there was a minute timer we had to waith through) but after that it went through fine. Going to see it Friday at 3:30pm on opening weekend. Haven't been so excited for any movie (as a "grown up") in ... ever...?
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
JCC

Post by JCC »

New trailer out today too with plenty of stuff not seen before.
Black Lives Matter

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

JCC wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:45 pm New trailer out today too with plenty of stuff not seen before.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Managed to finally get through on Regal's website and buy a ticket for Monday, the 29th.

At least this way I'll still see it fairly early, but miss out on some of the opening weekend insanity.
Hodor.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I just watched the previous Avengers movie a few weeks ago. It was too long and overstuffed for my tastes...but I suppose I ought to see this one eventually. I hope it has 50% fewer superheroes!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Kraken wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:49 pm I just watched the previous Avengers movie a few weeks ago. It was too long and overstuffed for my tastes...but I suppose I ought to see this one eventually. I hope it has 50% fewer superheroes!
I dunno, I think they could have packed in a few more.
Black Lives Matter.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Hyena wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:31 pm
Freyland wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:40 pm I guess it's also worth adding that the Ant Man character started off as a small time burglar, so he is probably accustomed to going in through the back door.

Quality, underrated post. Made me giggle.
:happy-partydance:
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

Bought the tickets for Friday. Wanted to watch it the first day (Wednesday) but sold out before I had a chance to buy them. They started to sell them at midnight and I bought mine around 1:30. So the first day showing sold out in less one and half hour. Didn't take a look at second day because the showtimes are not suitable for my schedule.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Enlarge Image
Brian

Post by Brian »

I think Kevin Smith liked it.
So @harleyquinnsmith and I went to the movies tonight, and 3 hours later I’m shook! My God, Endgame is beyond epic! It’s everything you hope it will be and more - an absolute marvel! Bring lotsa tissues for tears and other fluids! I’m pretty sure it will make all the money ever printed! Loved it and would watch again instantly!
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Just saw it. (I'm in Australia).

Spoiler free review: don't worry; it's good and the end felt satisfying. Also it didn't feel like a three hour movie, so I think that's a compliment.

Okay, SUPER ULTRA MEGA SPOILERS INCOMING. DO NOT CLICK BELOW UNLESS YOU HAVE SEEN THE MOVIE:
Spoiler:
I was initially really annoyed by the whole "we'll fix everything through time travel" trope. But . . . they really didn't do that. Rather, it was a "we'll fix things by borrowing infinity stones from other timelines, but the snap still really happened and five years of absence really happened." It'll be interesting to see how that affects future movies.

Did not expect Thanos to get killed in the first 10 minutes.

Thor stole his hammer from another timeline! Sucks to be other Thor.

Captain Marvel was barely in the movie. That's fine; the focus was on the original crew. She has the Superman problem of being overpowered though. Not sure who they can have her go up against in future that will actually feel like a threat. If Thanos hadn't managed to punch her with a power stone, I think she could have taken him down.

Great Cap moments: hammer & shield! Old Cap! Handing the shield to Falcon while Bucky looks on approvingly.

Great Tony moments: basically all of it as it was just Tony being Tony and that's the last of it we'll ever get. Went out a hero and knowing that everyone would be okay.

Thor: Honestly, he was my one nitpick. I understand that they wanted some comic relief in a pretty dark movie, but I think it was just too much. Needed to dial down the Lebowski a few notches. That said, I'm totally down for Thor being in the the next Guardians where Quill will need to make new Gamora fall for him again.

Dr Hulk was fun.

Black Window's death was shocking, but I understood it.

Tony's daughter could be Iron Heart someday.

Also . . . There was a weird moment at Tony's funeral when the camera lingered on a red haired (I think) teenager for a few moments. Maybe it was nothing, but it felt weird. Like we we're supposed to know who it was.

Anyhow, just some initial thoughts. Thanks for the ride, Marvel.
Dogstar

Post by Dogstar »

Initial, non-spoilery impressions:

Ran a little long, and the pacing could use a little work. That being said, the movie exceeded my expectations -- not just as a sequel to Infinity War, but as a culmination of the saga so far. So many good moments.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Wife and I just saw it and loved it...
Spoiler:
my wife and I were wondering about the kid at Tony’s funeral as well. Might it be a younger Tony somehow?

We did enjoy the whole Thor running gag thing. She started calling him Santa Thor
Lots of callbacks, funny moments, awesome moments, and some sad ones. Lots of moments that caused the theater to erupt into excitement and only one that caused it to go silent.
Defiantly a great end to the infinity saga... (although I think I read somewhere that the next Spider-Man movie is the true end. Not sure how that would be)
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Punisher wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:42 pm Wife and I just saw it and loved it...
Spoiler:
my wife and I were wondering about the kid at Tony’s funeral as well. Might it be a younger Tony somehow?

We did enjoy the whole Thor running gag thing. She started calling him Santa Thor
Lots of callbacks, funny moments, awesome moments, and some sad ones. Lots of moments that caused the theater to erupt into excitement and only one that caused it to go silent.
Defiantly a great end to the infinity saga... (although I think I read somewhere that the next Spider-Man movie is the true end. Not sure how that would be)
Spoiler:
Did some digging and it's apparently the same kid from Iron Man 3, just all grown up now.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Hamlet3145 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:57 pm
Punisher wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:42 pm Wife and I just saw it and loved it...
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Did some digging and it's apparently the same kid from Iron Man 3, just all grown up now.
Spoiler:
which kid?
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

[/quote]
Spoiler:
which kid?
[/quote]
Spoiler:
Harley Keener played by Ty Simkins. I can barely remember his part in the movie though.
Combustible Lemur

Post by Combustible Lemur »

Just got back....

9.9999999 / 10
Really a 10/10 in all realities outside of the ideal one.

It's awesome, perfect end / transition to phase 4. Very strong choices while still feeling like a warm blanket.
Spoiler:
2.5 nitpicks.
1/2 of 6 billion is 3 BILLION. Seriously that's 1970 not 1270.
Also dropping 3 billion refugees into a working infrastructure would not result in smiling schoolchildren.

The Thude abides was a note too dumb. I liked some of the jokes. But it played out dischordantly with the rest of the film. Yes Hemsworth, we liked Ragnarok, that doesn't give you free reign. Taika made that awesome not your brilliance.

2.5 They did their best, three hours was full, but several beats, and story lines, got short shrift.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Is Scott home? thump thump thump Crash ......No.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Hamlet3145 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:02 am
Spoiler:
which kid?
[/quote]
Spoiler:
Harley Keener played by Ty Simkins. I can barely remember his part in the movie though.
[/quote]

Wow. Thanks! I had to look him up. He looks nothing like his previous role.
naednek

Post by naednek »

Anyone stay to the end after the cutscenes?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

https://www.google.com/search?&q=thanos

Click the gauntlet top right under the thumbnails. I dont think theres any spoilers as its just a Google search for Thanos with the gauntlet .
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

naednek wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:36 pm Anyone stay to the end after the cutscenes?

Is this a trick question?
He/Him/His/Porcupine
naednek

Post by naednek »

stimpy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:13 am
naednek wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:36 pm Anyone stay to the end after the cutscenes?

Is this a trick question?
No. I didn''t want to spoil anything by asking in more detail. And I was on the phone and didn't want to deal with typing out spoiler tags. I found the answer to my question.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"