Avengers: End Game

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

stimpy

Re: Avengers: End Game

Post by stimpy »

Epic, albeit a bit long, ending to what has been an epic series of films. My Grandson and I have gone to all 22 movies.
Bring on Godzilla!!
He/Him/His/Porcupine
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

That felt like a 3-hour love letter to the MCU. I loved it, and it left my wife in tears.
JCC

Post by JCC »

I have some MAJOR issues with this movie. Primarily around them establishing clear rules, and then just shitting all over them. I mean the movie makes no fucking sense at all.

Having said that, the "final battle" is so awesome and satisfying, that I still give it a shaky thumbs up.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

JCC wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:56 am I have some MAJOR issues with this movie. Primarily around them establishing clear rules, and then just shitting all over them. I mean the movie makes no fucking sense at all.

Having said that, the "final battle" is so awesome and satisfying, that I still give it a shaky thumbs up.
Care to elaborate?
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Punisher wrote:
JCC wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:56 am I have some MAJOR issues with this movie. Primarily around them establishing clear rules, and then just shitting all over them. I mean the movie makes no fucking sense at all.

Care to elaborate?
Yes please. I have a hard time thinking of any rule they made that they then shit on.
dfs

Post by dfs »

work took us yesterday.
Rah-rah isn't this company cool type of thing.
With travel and previews it was 4 hours out of a day where I couldn't work late and had plenty to do.
4 hours I'll never get back.
It was exactly as good as a marvel super hero movie.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Nobody can harm Paste Pot Pete, then they shit all over him.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

Well, I’m not JCC (spoiler!), but the time travel rules were absolute bullshit, but they are in all films, so I wasn’t too bothered by them.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
JCC

Post by JCC »

Spoiler:
My issues stem from the fact that this movie did time travel so poorly. They make it clear that it's impossible for them to change history and then they change everything about history. And then they end up with time paradoxes all over the place but just shrug them off and don't even really acknowledge them.

1. Loki escapes with the Tesseract instead of going back with Thor at the end of Avengers.
2. Gamora turns good before meeting the Guardians.
3. Current Nebula kills past Nebula. Current Nebula somehow doesn't cease to exist.
4. Past Thanos completely changes his plans and just goes to future Earth to get the Stones and is then killed which means he never attempts or succeeds in the original plan in the first movie.
5. #2, 3, and 4 pretty much would all nullify Thanos ever doing the snap in the first place which would mean the Avengers would never need to go back and get the stones in the first place which would them mean #1, 2, 3, and 4 would all never happen which means etc etc etc.
5. Least importantly, Captain America marries Agent Carter, which contradicts her TV show.

I mean I get time travel is bullshit anyway in pretty much all movies/TV shows, but they make such a big deal about not messing up history and then they shit all over history. Sorry, but I have found the use of time travel handled better with more care and "logic" in pretty much every other TV show/movie that's ever tried it than was handled in this movie. This is just a sloppy mess and it dampened my enthusiasm for this movie.

I don't go into these kinds of movies without realizing that suspension of disbelief is a requirement, but I felt like the time travel aspects of this movie were handled so awfully, that it really marred the middle of the movie and made it feel like a slog.

Again I still liked it despite all of the above sloppiness, cause I marked out like a little kid when Captain America wielded Mjolnir! That was so awesome.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Spoiler:
I’m working today and don’t have time for a full reply, but I think you missed the rules they set up for time travel in this movie.
Edit to add spoiler tags, although if you are in this thread and haven’t seen the movie then shame on you.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Spoiler:
So the movie goes out of its way to say that everything you’ve seen about time travel in movies is wrong. You can’t undo your own history. There’s no chance to Marty McFly your way out of the history books. But Hawkeye’s trip shows you can go back, interact with with past, and more importantly bring an object from the past to the present. The Ancient One goes a little bit further, although honestly I need to see it again or two to get a good grip on the rules she is laying down. What I got out of it is that divergent timelines are a thing, and of course that the stones need to be returned to their exact timeline to prevent a dark timeline from branching off of that point.

Loki definitely got the space stone and got out of there, meaning there’s an unredeemed Loki out there with the Tesseract. Perfect setup for the TV show. My question is whether or not he is in our main MCU timeline, or an alternate timeline. If it’s an alternate timeline, then the time travel as I understand it works.

Nebula was able to blast her younger self and not die because of the earlier rules established that mean you can’t erase what has happened to you. That was an alternate Nebula, who no longer exists.

Our Gamora is dead, but the new Gamora is the one that existed right before we first met her in Guardians of the Galaxy. She had already decided to prevent Thanos from getting the stones by that point, and was actively withholding the information on where the soul stone is at that point. It’s entirely within her character to flip on him like she did with a slight push from Nebula.

I haven’t watched season 2 of Agent Carter. So I can’t speak to her marriage on that show. But the movies and TV shows have long given up the ghost of existing in the same universe. They did for a brief period of time, which is part of why the Winter Soldier was so awesome, but they stopped caring soon after that. I would be shocked if Jarvis’ cameo was anything more than a nod to the tv fans. Maybe (hopefully) Agents of Shield proves me wrong.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Well, it's time travel, but NOT AS WE KNOW IT
Spoiler:
They didn't undo the snap per se. The snap did happen. But it was "counter-snapped" 5 years by hulk.
Oh another thing which I really really liked...
Spoiler:
It made sense for Tony to do it since the "new" gauntlet is basically an Ironman Gauntlet
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Oops. Deleted.
JCC

Post by JCC »

Spoiler:
Yeah I get that they said they can't change their own history, but it seems odd that they can go back in time and change a different history. I mean is the rule that as soon as you go back in time you have immediately created an alternate timeline that you can then meddle with however you want? So from the moment you arrive back in time, you are no longer in your history, but you have created a whole new future that would never have existed had you not gone back in the first place?

If so, how do you get back to your present? More importantly how does someone from this new history that doesn't lead logically forward to your original present, travel into a future (your present) that doesn't exist from THEIR present?! I just don't get it, and it still makes no sense to me.

Again, I don't want to overanalyze this to death, but I just was put off by the way this movie handled time travel. Not to say I am right and you are wrong. We are talking about fantasy and not objective reality. Suffice it to say that for me the time travel didn't really make any sense and marred the middle of the movie to me.

I still like it overall. And, the discussion is an interesting one, but I wish they had a less convoluted plot that didn't require it.
Black Lives Matter

Daveman

Post by Daveman »

Just got back from the theater, absolutely loved it. A suitably epic conclusion to the past 10 years.

Spoilerific version!
Spoiler:
I agree there are some potential plot holes with the whole time travel aspect but the movie was so thoroughly enjoyable I didn't care.
Either they exist as typical movie mishandling of time travel theory or it's all a part of reality-bending infinity stone hocus pocus. Doesn't bother me at all.

The only thing I have a problem with is the return of Spiderman. This is all 5 years post-Infinity Wars, in a now reconstructed-so-the-people-who-died-didn't-die version of the world. But Peter Parker is back in high school, with his classmates as though nothing has happened? Were they all held back 5 years? Hawkeye's kids don't seem to have aged and I could see where they were simply inserted back into the world 5 years later without any change. But Peter's and his whole school?

As epic and awesome as most of the ending was, probably the finest moment for me, as a big fan of The Winter Soldier, was the new take on the "elevator scene". I was thinking "oh wow they're going to redo that awesome fight scene... but wait how are they going to set this up" and the Captain defuses the whole thing with "Hail Hydra".
disarm

Post by disarm »

I think they did a pretty good job laying down the moviesurules and sticking to them, except for one major problem...
Spoiler:
A very big point is made about having only enough Pym particles for each character to travel back in time and return home once. Evil 2014 Nebula uses good Nebula's 'time travel GPS' and its Pym particles to return with the rest of the Avengers. When 2014 Thanos is brought forward in time by 2014 Nebula, how do they have enough power to move not only Thanos, but his entire fleet/army into the future. Stark and Cap took a couple extra vials from the past, but that was with them on present day earth (not with Thanos) and shouldn't have been enough to move an entire army anyway. Did I miss something that makes this work within the rules?

JCC...the rules they establish say that actions taken in the past don't affect the present because it's not actually the past anymore. They may be revisiting past events, but that's effectively the present for a present-day character. Any change made to earlier events creates a branching timeline/reality that does not affect the present day. The Sorcerer Supreme explains this and stresses the importance of returning the stones to exactly the point they were taken in order to avoid creating divergent timelines. She doesn't really say why having alternate timelines is bad considering that they don't ruin the future, only that she wants her stone to back to protect the people in her reality/timeline.

When it comes to getting back to exactly the correct timeline, they establish that this is possible thanks to Stark's 'time GPS' device. That device allows them to target exact positions across timelines, reaching a specific point in the past, and returning to the present.

JCC

Post by JCC »

Re: disarm,
Spoiler:
So if going back in time and making a change caused a new timeline, how does Cap go back in time change the history of Agent Carter and then simply age back to the present he left? Shouldn't he be in a different future?
Black Lives Matter

Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Two things...

Regarding Thanos
Spoiler:
Maybe jumping forward doesn't need Pym particles... Jumping BACK does. As for the blah blah blah... It's a VERY big ship.
Regarding the Captain
Spoiler:
I'd say he never used his return trip, and simply lived out his life in "real-time".
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
JCC

Post by JCC »

Kasey Chang wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:23 pm Regarding the Captain
Spoiler:
I'd say he never used his return trip, and simply lived out his life in "real-time".
Spoiler:
But he can't! Once he goes back in time he creates a new alternate timeline. He would age to THAT future, not the same one he left.
Black Lives Matter

Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Well, maybe he...
Spoiler:
Waited until he hit real-time, then jumped timelines, but with ZERO time displacement.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I find it interesting that it's made $1.1 billion and not reached the break even point yet.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Marketing costs.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Kasey Chang wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:35 pm Well, maybe he...
Spoiler:
Waited until he hit real-time, then jumped timelines, but with ZERO time displacement.
This seems to be the theory that some people have for the most part and makes sense..
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Daveman wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:57 pm Just got back from the theater, absolutely loved it. A suitably epic conclusion to the past 10 years.

Spoilerific version!
Spoiler:
The only thing I have a problem with is the return of Spiderman. This is all 5 years post-Infinity Wars, in a now reconstructed-so-the-people-who-died-didn't-die version of the world. But Peter Parker is back in high school, with his classmates as though nothing has happened? Were they all held back 5 years? Hawkeye's kids don't seem to have aged and I could see where they were simply inserted back into the world 5 years later without any change. But Peter's and his whole school?
Spoiler:
So.. They didn't undo the snap. It still happened as did the 5 years in between. So Spider-man and his non-amazing friends were missing those 5 years. When Hulk unsnapped them, he did so in the present day, so they came back just as they were when they were snapped 5 years ago.. If they were 15, they are still 15. There were probably a large chunk of kids snapped 5 years ago and presumably enough to fill the school. The ones that were not snapped in the first place have presumably graduated by now, assuming the schools kept going at some point. The current school year has those left behind that are in school as well as the ones who are now unsnapped that need to finish it. So kids 1 and 2 are 15 years old. Kid 1 gets snapped. Kid 2 continues and 5 years later has graduated and is now 20. The unsnappening happens and kid 1 returns who is still 15. I am assuming/hoping that they address it in some form during Spider-man, which is the official end of phase 3.
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Punisher wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:00 am
Daveman wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:57 pm Just got back from the theater, absolutely loved it. A suitably epic conclusion to the past 10 years.

Spoilerific version!
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
So.. They didn't undo the snap. It still happened as did the 5 years in between. So Spider-man and his non-amazing friends were missing those 5 years. When Hulk unsnapped them, he did so in the present day, so they came back just as they were when they were snapped 5 years ago.. If they were 15, they are still 15. There were probably a large chunk of kids snapped 5 years ago and presumably enough to fill the school. The ones that were not snapped in the first place have presumably graduated by now, assuming the schools kept going at some point. The current school year has those left behind that are in school as well as the ones who are now unsnapped that need to finish it. So kids 1 and 2 are 15 years old. Kid 1 gets snapped. Kid 2 continues and 5 years later has graduated and is now 20. The unsnappening happens and kid 1 returns who is still 15. I am assuming/hoping that they address it in some form during Spider-man, which is the official end of phase 3.
Spoiler:
Yeah, it seems like a bit of a mess. At this point, I'm wondering if they aren't going to pull something similar to Ant Man 2. That movie premiered after Infinity War, but the snap didn't happen until an after credit scene. Maybe Spiderman: Far From Home ends with Peter seeing the Thanos minion spaceship while he rides the bus? Edit: Just re-watched the Spiderman trailer. Nick Fury clearly says, "So happy to finally meet you." In Endgame they are both at Tony's small funeral, so that seems bizarre if they didn't "meet" there. Also, the world just looks too shiny and happy in the trailer to be post snap. I think I'm leaning toward the movie happening right before Infinity War chonologically.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Spoiler:
It must suck to have moved on during those five years... remarried... then all of a sudden your "deceased" spouse reappears. That won't end well for anyone involved.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Hamlet3145 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:10 am
Punisher wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:00 am

Spoilerific version!
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Yeah, it seems like a bit of a mess. At this point, I'm wondering if they aren't going to pull something similar to Ant Man 2. That movie premiered after Infinity War, but the snap didn't happen until an after credit scene. Maybe Spiderman: Far From Home ends with Peter seeing the Thanos minion spaceship while he rides the bus? Edit: Just re-watched the Spiderman trailer. Nick Fury clearly says, "So happy to finally meet you." In Endgame they are both at Tony's small funeral, so that seems bizarre if they didn't "meet" there. Also, the world just looks too shiny and happy in the trailer to be post snap. I think I'm leaning toward the movie happening right before Infinity War chonologically.
It's been verified that Far from home takes place right AFTER the events in End game...but..
Spoiler:
Your point on the Nick Fury thing has merit unless one of two things is going on
1) He meant Peter at the funeral, but did not know Peter as Spider-man. He may have just known him as someone who worked with Tony in a sciency capacity.
2) That line is actually not in the movie and is a reed herring.
Edit for link that explains timeline. no spoilers
https://screenrant.com/spider-man-far-h ... s-endgame/
Last edited by Punisher on Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Sudy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:43 am
Spoiler:
It must suck to have moved on during those five years... remarried... then all of a sudden your "deceased" spouse reappears. That won't end well for anyone involved.
Spoiler:
Yeah.. I'd like them to address some of these things in Far from Home. That may be why they are saying that Far from Home is the actual end of the saga.
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

JCC wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:16 pm Re: disarm,
Spoiler:
So if going back in time and making a change caused a new timeline, how does Cap go back in time change the history of Agent Carter and then simply age back to the present he left? Shouldn't he be in a different future?
Spoiler:
I think Cap didn't age back to the present he left. The Cap that left to returned the stone aged up to an alternate present. The Cap that aged up in Endgame's present was from an alternate timeline.

Endgame's present is not the first timeline where Avengers defeated Thanos and then Cap returned the stones.
JCC

Post by JCC »

Re: Cap at the end
Spoiler:
I may be nitpicking here, but if Cap came back from his alternate timeline he should have appeared on the pad 5 seconds later and just be aged. That's how the previous returns worked and what they were expecting to happen. And it woud have had the same emotional impact since he could have removed his helmet for the dramatic reveral that he aged. Since he DIDN'T arrive it is logical to conclude that he simply aged in the same timeline (which violate the rules of changing history) and shown up the way he did.

So once again I claim the movie doesn't consistently follow its own rules. Note, I feel better about things now than I did watching and just after the movie. I can get over most of my complaints based on the alternate future(s) explanation. BUT, it does leave the way Cap returns at the end as a violation of the movie's time travel rules.

I still would have rather they just solve the movie without time travel altogehter since it is confusing the way they implemented it - to the point that they couldn't even obey their own rules. It just marred the experience for me and was confusing.

I also wonder if the Black Widow movie will truly just be a prequel (which will be somewhat disappointing to me. I am less interested in watching a BW movie with the character already dead.) or they will somehow retcon/undo her death too.
Black Lives Matter

YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Saw it last night. Absolutely loved it. Blew my mind in a way a movie hasn't in a long time.

Re: the hot topic...
Spoiler:
It helped me to understand the time travel thing by looking at time as individual threads (each person has their own timeline) which can intersect at points with other people's individual timelines.

You don't have the power to change your own thread, because what has occurred has already occurred. In other words, you can loop your thread back on itself and interact, but the thread itself is immutable because it already exists. If you do change something (such as taking an infinity stone), you're just creating a new thread that branches off. This is why Nebula can kill herself with no repercussions. She essentially just snipped an alternate reality thread.

This does bring up the point that technically I don't see why Cap had to take the infinity stones back other than to just be nice to alternate realities. They could have just let those alternate realities suffer since they literally have no impact or interaction with ours. I guess better safe than sorry, though.

As far as Cap returning - his timeline is essentially the entire MCU series. In his timeline he was frozen, was thawed, went through all the Captain America and Avenger movies, went back in time to grab the infinity stones, came back to defeat Thanos, then went back to return the infinity stones and stayed there to grow old naturally.

We are watching Captain America's time thread. People keep saying "Well if Cap had gone back and stayed there he would have changed the past and created an alternate reality. So how did he get back to the movie's reality?" Cap's reality IS the movie's reality. He doesn't have to get "back" to it because it's part of his timeline. He just has to intersect with it which is easy to do by just showing up at the right date.
Victoria Raverna

Spoiler:
Seem like I was not clear enough. I think Captain America that left to return the stones, didn't return to his own timeline. He created a new timeline instead. So how come there is an old Captain in Endgame's timeline? He is from other timeline. A Captain America from alternate timeline that went back to return the stones just like the Cap in Endgame timeline.

So the Captain that left is not the same Captain as the old one. First one is the Captain of Endgame timeline, the old one is Captain from alternate timeline where Avengers also defeated Thanos and have to return the stones.

So in Endgame's timeline, the second Captain America was already there but he and his wife keep it as a secret so that it'll not change the timeline too much because of his presence.
JCC

Post by JCC »

Re: YK and VR:
Spoiler:
I guess I can get behind your answers, but I still just wish they hadn't done a complicated time travel solution. The fact that I have to discuss it with people and read lots of articles about it to get my head around it just reinforces to me that they made things too convoluted. I'm just not going to be as happy with this movie as its predecessor. I still really like it aside from all the timeline nonsense.
Black Lives Matter

dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

So did Antman ever go up Thanos' butt?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Victoria Raverna

JCC wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:09 am Re: YK and VR:
Spoiler:
I guess I can get behind your answers, but I still just wish they hadn't done a complicated time travel solution. The fact that I have to discuss it with people and read lots of articles about it to get my head around it just reinforces to me that they made things too convoluted. I'm just not going to be as happy with this movie as its predecessor. I still really like it aside from all the timeline nonsense.
Spoiler:
Except for Captain America ending, the time travel in Endgame is much simpler than most movies. Endgame's version doesn't have time travel paradox because you can't change your past.
disarm

Post by disarm »

YellowKing wrote:Saw it last night. Absolutely loved it. Blew my mind in a way a movie hasn't in a long time.

Spoiler:
This does bring up the point that technically I don't see why Cap had to take the infinity stones back other than to just be nice to alternate realities. They could have just let those alternate realities suffer since they literally have no impact or interaction with ours. I guess better safe than sorry, though.
Spoiler:
You are correct that they didn't have to return the stones, but putting them back fulfills the promise that Bruce/Hulk made to the Sorcerer Supreme when she agreed to give him the time stone. She raised the point that giving up the time stone could doom her reality because she would lack the power to protect it, but Bruce convinced her that it would be okay because he would return the stone as close to the time he took it as possible once they accomplished their goal.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

disarm wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:00 pm
YellowKing wrote:Saw it last night. Absolutely loved it. Blew my mind in a way a movie hasn't in a long time.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
You are correct that they didn't have to return the stones, but putting them back fulfills the promise that Bruce/Hulk made to the Sorcerer Supreme when she agreed to give him the time stone. She raised the point that giving up the time stone could doom her reality because she would lack the power to protect it, but Bruce convinced her that it would be okay because he would return the stone as close to the time he took it as possible once they accomplished their goal.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Spoiler:
While it went unsaid, I assumed that part of returning the stones is that it means they no longer exist is this existence. It wasn't stated directly, but I assumed that they would prefer that the stones didn't exist any more. They are clearly too powerful to have around. So "borrowing" them from the past and returning them allows them to continue to be destroyed in this existence.
Count me in JCC's camp. I liked the movie a lot. I liked a lot of the story lines that it provided closure on. Some of the scenes were fantastic. But I also thought that they played pretty loose with some of their rules... and the story in general.
Spoiler:
1. I also had a few issues with the time travel stuff. I guess we just assume that there are a ton of new time lines out there...
2. I really didn't like the Nebula stuff at the end... and I'd even forgotten that they didn't have enough PIM particles. Nebula isn't a genius. Not even remotely. But she's able to apparently reprogram the controls to make the time travel device work differently than designed? Bullshit. Even if I take a huge leap and say that Thanos and his sidekicks gave her a program... when they didn't know anything about the device or the code... yeah, it doesn't sit well at all.
3. Thanos... his powers just seem way OP. To the point of absurdity. Cap's shield is made from vibranium. Which I thought was the hardest metal out there. But Thanos' weapon is apparently stronger? And he's stronger than everyone else and invulnerable? The fight was fun to watch, but it was pretty ridiculous.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I saw it last night and thought it was pretty solid. Some questions about things going one way or another, but as superhero movies go there wasn't anything that I couldn't swallow. And I thought the approach to time travel (you can't change your own past, and any changes you do make in the past just create divergent timelines, but you can use stuff you bring back from the past to change your present / future) makes about as much sense as possible for time travel.
Black Lives Matter.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

TheMix:
Spoiler:
TheMix wrote:Even if I take a huge leap and say that Thanos and his sidekicks gave her a program... when they didn't know anything about the device or the code... yeah, it doesn't sit well at all.
They knew everything about the device, as they had access to future Nebula.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

YellowKing wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:50 pm TheMix:
Spoiler:
TheMix wrote:Even if I take a huge leap and say that Thanos and his sidekicks gave her a program... when they didn't know anything about the device or the code... yeah, it doesn't sit well at all.
They knew everything about the device, as they had access to future Nebula.
And you are welcome to that opinion. It just doesn't fly for me.
Spoiler:
I think that Nebula, like everyone other than Stark, Banner, and Rocket, just accepted the bracelet and went "okay". We have seen nothing to suggest that she had the ability to understand any of the science. Nor do I believe that she'd done anything more than glance at the controls (and even then it's doubtful that she did so from directly in front of them). So even if they had perfect images, it's unlikely that they'd understand what any of the switches do, much less the machine itself.

That said, it clearly doesn't bother you (or probably the majority of the people that see the film). However, it does bother me. And, honestly, there is no argument that anyone is going to make (unless more info shows up in deleted scenes) that is going to sway my opinion. It bugged me enough to pull me 'out of the movie'.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.