Amazon has whacked our affiliate account. Hosting Donations/Commitments $2063 of $1920 (Sept 13/18). In Hand $1466 (Lump sum payments minus paypal graft). Paypal Donation Link Here

Avengers: End Game

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Blackhawk

Re: Avengers: End Game

Post by Blackhawk » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:20 pm

I will answer with my favorite pen-and-paper GMing answer:

"Whatever the plot requires."
[This space left intentionally blank.]

gameoverman

Post by gameoverman » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:24 pm

El Guapo wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:37 am
Blackhawk wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:47 am
Animals were absolutely, 100% including, even the sentient, non-sapient varieties. Kevin Feige confirmed it. Half of all puppies, kittens, cockroaches, and pink winged alien elephants. And half of Rocket, because there is only one of him.
Interesting. Though that raises the question - when Thanos is eliminating "half of all living things", are we talking a giant pool of every living being, or does each pool get divided in half? Like, is it half of humans, half of dogs, half of cats, etc., or is it (humans + cats + dogs) / 2? Because if it's the latter, a lot of the lives are going to wind up being fruit flies, mosquitoes, ants, etc., such that the human / intelligent loss would probably wind up being considerably less than half.
I think it has to be (entire pool of all life)/2. Otherwise how does Thanos 'aim' at half of each kind of life? For one thing, he'd have to have complete knowledge of every single type of life before he could decide to to kill half of one of those types. What if there were lizard people on an unknown lizard planet? How do you kill any of them if you don't know they exist? I think the stones empower the wearer but I don't think the idea is the stones act on general orders.
Thanos-"Kill exactly half of each kind of lifeform in the universe."
Gauntlet-"Okay, lucky for you we have an up to date list of all lifeforms, so we can get this done in a snap."

Freyland

Post by Freyland » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:31 pm

gameoverman wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:24 pm
El Guapo wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:37 am
Blackhawk wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:47 am
Animals were absolutely, 100% including, even the sentient, non-sapient varieties. Kevin Feige confirmed it. Half of all puppies, kittens, cockroaches, and pink winged alien elephants. And half of Rocket, because there is only one of him.
Interesting. Though that raises the question - when Thanos is eliminating "half of all living things", are we talking a giant pool of every living being, or does each pool get divided in half? Like, is it half of humans, half of dogs, half of cats, etc., or is it (humans + cats + dogs) / 2? Because if it's the latter, a lot of the lives are going to wind up being fruit flies, mosquitoes, ants, etc., such that the human / intelligent loss would probably wind up being considerably less than half.
I think it has to be (entire pool of all life)/2. Otherwise how does Thanos 'aim' at half of each kind of life? For one thing, he'd have to have complete knowledge of every single type of life before he could decide to to kill half of one of those types. What if there were lizard people on an unknown lizard planet? How do you kill any of them if you don't know they exist? I think the stones empower the wearer but I don't think the idea is the stones act on general orders.
Thanos-"Kill exactly half of each kind of lifeform in the universe."
Gauntlet-"Okay, lucky for you we have an up to date list of all lifeforms, so we can get this done in a snap."
Lol, you just made me think of every application I own.

Thanos- "Gauntlet, kill half of each kind of lifeform in the universe!"

Gauntlet- Updating....
I don't remember where I read this, Cort, maybe it was in the last patch notes, but they said the UAZ really handles the best when... the wheels are actually touching the ground.
--RedF1ve

Unagi

Post by Unagi » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:52 pm

gameoverman wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:24 pm
Pretty sure the soul stone, mind stone and the space stone could take care of all that. Soul stone can smell out this 'sentient life' with the help of the power and space stone, it could find it anywhere, and with the time stone - it could happen in no time flat.

So I would argue it absoluetly could kill off species he's not even aware of, just like it could kill off people he is personally aware of. Why are you ok with the general order 'half of that there human race', but not 'half of all the souls of the universe' ?

Unagi

Post by Unagi » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:53 pm

Freyland wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:31 pm
Gauntlet- Updating....
:ugeek: ... time stone

:wink: :D

Moliere

Post by Moliere » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:07 pm

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:26 am

Final trailer. I'm still not really sure what to think. :?

“Don’t tickle the wall clown.” - MST3K

Paingod

Post by Paingod » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:44 am

It looks dark, which you'd think it should be after 50% of life is snuffed out.
More than ever, now is the time to stand by the causes you believe in; donate and support to keep America great.
Reproductive Rights, Environmental Defense, Civil Liberties, LGBTQ Awareness, Immigration Rights
Currently playing: Mordor: Shadow of War, Curious Expedition

Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:53 am

So how did Thor get his old hammer? Confirmed time travel?

EDITED to add:

The hammer is too big to be the old one. So is that the Stormbreaker?

AWS260

Post by AWS260 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:20 am

I don't know why, but the last shot in that trailer gives me the feels.

JCC

Post by JCC » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:36 pm

I think today's trailer was just goose bump inducing awesomeness. I can't wait to see this on opening Friday with a bunch of my co-worker friends!!!!!