Fundraising for 2019/2020: 12 Months Renewed - We are good until October 2020. Paypal Donation Link Here

Game of Thrones Season 8

Everything else!

Moderators: EvilHomer3k, Bakhtosh

Jeff V

Re: Game of Thrones Season 8

Post by Jeff V »

Maybe they're plotting to bring Emila Clark back as "Grandmother of Dragons." Gray her up a bit and you'll have a family resemblance recognizable 300 years in the future.

morlac

Post by morlac »

Rumpy wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:20 pm
LordMortis wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:02 am
From the moment Dany's brother was killed, I didn't find her to be all that heroic.
From what I recall, her brother conspired against her and put her in the situation she was in. So, she rebelled against the oppression.
He basically said " I don't care if you have to whore you out to a thousand horse lords to get me y crown, I will" Obviously not verbatim but pretty much the exchange. She was still pretty ok with it right up until he threatened to take the Dragon Eggs, then he got his golden crown with a nod from her.

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I likely wasn't clear. After her brother was killed, she lost her victim role but it was replaced with that primarily of divine righteousness and entitlement. It's not a trait I root for and become attached to. Juxtapose her "growth" to the qarth merchant who would have let her die in the dessert. She had the makings for a good antagonist. A good villain. Even an empathetic villain. But she's post brother's death, she was never been on spectrum of "good guy" for my viewing.

McNutt

Post by McNutt »

She was driven by entitlement. Being opposed to slavery isn't enough for me to want a person to rule the world. She was a power mad (inbred mad, whatever) leader who was good at gaining followers and not necessarily running a kingdom.

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

LordMortis wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:03 pm
I likely wasn't clear. After her brother was killed, she lost her victim role but it was replaced with that primarily of divine righteousness and entitlement. It's not a trait I root for and become attached to. Juxtapose her "growth" to the qarth merchant who would have let her die in the dessert.
Not the worst way to go.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>