RIP Daryl Dragon (Captain and Tennille)

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

McNutt

RIP Daryl Dragon (Captain and Tennille)

Post by McNutt »

Dead at 76

Yes, I realize this is the third celebrity passing I've listed today who died at 76. That's crazy.

Dragon was always a quiet guy. Toni Tennille wrote a book a couple of years ago where she spilled the beans that they were married just for the showbiz shtick and were never in love. There were some interesting stories in there, including his Captain hat and name just because he was embarrassed about losing his hair. It was not a nice writeup.

Farewell, my Captain.
dbt1949

Re: RIP Daryl Dragon (Captain and Tennille)

Post by dbt1949 »

Just read about that a little wile ago. I loved their TV show.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

dbt1949 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:26 pm Just read about that a little wile ago. I loved their TV show.
Those were the days when just about every celebrity had a variety show. Now I only really get that watching Filipino TV.

They had a sushi/Japanese restaurant in Miami Beach that I just had to check out. They played their music constantly and the walls were adorned by all manner of their tchochkes. The udon soup I had was fantastic, though.
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Three celeb RIP threads at 76 . What is going on here? I loved their music in the 70s. Also watched their variety show. A few years ago I saw the stuff she said and did and was appalled and shocked by her. Celeb marriage my patooti. They were married a long long time until he developed some kinda disease like parkinsons or something and she dumped him.

Rip a talented guy and a life lost.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"