Amazon has whacked our affiliate account. Hosting Donations/Commitments $2063 of $1920 (Sept 13/18). In Hand $1466 (Lump sum payments minus paypal graft). Paypal Donation Link Here

So.....my dad died

Everything else!

Moderators: EvilHomer3k, Bakhtosh

Jeff V

Re: So.....my dad died

Post by Jeff V » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:27 am

My condolences RW, sounds like your dad was quite an admirable person and role model. I'm sure you made him proud too...keep carrying on his legacy.

Alefroth

Post by Alefroth » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:40 pm

So sorry to hear that Remus. Hope you are able to honor his life and find some peace.

gbasden

Post by gbasden » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:08 pm

I'm really sorry. I just lost my father this fall, and he was a wonderful man. Now my mom is at the hospital for a possible fractured hip. I feel you for sure.

Holman

Post by Holman » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:33 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss, Remus.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.

Remus West

Post by Remus West » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:42 pm

Yesterday a friend of my father's from my youth who had a stroke in 2012 sent a letter my dad wrote to him shortly after wishing him a swift recovery. His friend said he had kept it in his bedside drawer for the 6 year since but thought he should share it with Dad's children. In the letter Dad spoke of how the two of them may be past their primes but should still be so proud of the children they raised and what wonderful people all their children were. I'm not going to quote the whole letter (or even do more than the paraphrasing I already did) but it felt so good and horribel at the same time to read it. It felt amazing to see my dad expressing his pride in my sisters and myself but it reopened unhealed wounds of his loss. This sucks.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:32 pm

I understand RW. On close losses there seems to be no relief. And if you do get some its fast and then makes you feel bad. At least with me right now.

Im very sorry for your loss is never enough words is it? It is nice and kind and appreciated....but nothing helps.

I wish anyone going through loss better days sooner than later.
https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 9 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk