RIP Carol Channing

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

RIP Carol Channing

Post by Daehawk »

I think this is the last RIP Ill do. I just dont have it in me. Maybe if its a big star I liked once or Donna did. But losing my soulmate has taken most everything away from me.

Posting this one because I swear as a child I thought she was old in the late 70s early 80s even. And her voice is unique. Im sure Im not alone in remembering her. 97. Seeing that it makes me mad my wife only got 63 years. Im sad and mad. So like I said this is probably my last RIP unless something changes.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/15/entertai ... index.html
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
McNutt

Re: RIP Carol Channing

Post by McNutt »

I only remember seeing her on Love Boat and those 70s shows and, like you, I though she was old then.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

What I remember most about her was her mouth seemed to be the reference point to dentists everywhere. I guess career-wise she was far more active on Broadway than off.
Black Lives Matter
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

She was quite popular on TV and the movies back in the 60s. Had quite a personality.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I assumed her gravelly voice was from smoking, and that it would kill her sooner than later.

Apparently not.
dbt1949 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:40 pm She was quite popular on TV and the movies back in the 60s. Had quite a personality.
She was on every variety show, game show, sitcom and/or soap opera (probably) ever made. She certainly was prolific in the 70's and probably the 80's too.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

She always seemed kinda drunk or something to me as a kid...
funnygirl

Post by funnygirl »

Z-Corn wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:45 pm She always seemed kinda drunk or something to me as a kid...
About 1963 or so I was shopping and quite by accident I stumbled onto a fashion show she was hosting at Omaha, Nebraska's premier department store. It was very entertaining, but yeah, my impression was that she was drunk (high would never have occurred to me in 1963). I thought she was talented, but 97 is a pretty good run. In a couple of weeks she would have been 98. RIP
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im glad she had a great life. Ive always wanted one. But with my wife. So elderly couples make me a little jealous and mad. I dont mean to be. I don't want to be. But those emotions surface right now. I see young couples and I hope they have even a piece of what we had. They'd be so happy. I have got to get back to hoping the best for all.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"