Today, Feb 20th, is National Love Your Pet Day

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Today, Feb 20th, is National Love Your Pet Day

Post by Daehawk »

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Z-Corn

Re: Today, Feb 20th, is National Love Your Pet Day

Post by Z-Corn »

We need a new pet since losing our big bunny 14 months ago. My wife wants another Flemish Giant. They really are the best.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I don't even like our cats, let alone love them.

On the plus side, the feelings are mutual.
MHS

Post by MHS »

We just had to euthanize Wilson, our wonderful dog who was really Kayla's dog but that we all loved. He was about 15 years old, we had him for 10 of those years. He had a great last day Friday, we took him to the park and to PetSmart to terrorize the mice in their cages (not normally allowed but for that day) and got him his favorite junk foods that he hadn't been allowed in years and just petted and loved him all day. It was a wonderful day except for the end. It had to be done, but for such a little dog, he is leaving a big hole in our hearts. The vet who came to Kayla's home to perform the procedure was excellent though, and it was handled as well as it could be.

The pictures on Facebook today of everyone celebrating their Love Your Pet Day have been hard, but I'm glad there's so many wonderful pets and families connecting. :wub:
Black Lives Matter. No human is illegal. Women's rights are human rights. Love is love. Science is real. Kindness is everything.
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

I didn't know I needed to refer to my calendar to love my pet. I guess some people do. Psychopathic people.

Also, every day is national beer and hamburger day, but I generally choose not to participate.

Also very sorry for your loss MHS.
There is no hug button. Sad!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Sorry MHS. I am very sorry you had to go through that. And ya holidays and other days just hurt when you've lost that someone or something you're supposed to celebrate with. :(
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

We had to put our bunny down on our anniversary last year. At least we already were taking the day off from work. So yeah, it kinda sucks to have that bad memory attached to the day.
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

MHS wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:49 pm We just had to euthanize Wilson, our wonderful dog who was really Kayla's dog but that we all loved. He was about 15 years old, we had him for 10 of those years. He had a great last day Friday, we took him to the park and to PetSmart to terrorize the mice in their cages (not normally allowed but for that day) and got him his favorite junk foods that he hadn't been allowed in years and just petted and loved him all day. It was a wonderful day except for the end. It had to be done, but for such a little dog, he is leaving a big hole in our hearts. The vet who came to Kayla's home to perform the procedure was excellent though, and it was handled as well as it could be.

The pictures on Facebook today of everyone celebrating their Love Your Pet Day have been hard, but I'm glad there's so many wonderful pets and families connecting. :wub:
Sorry to hear about Wilson. It sounds like it was a good last day.
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
bluegrass band of comfort food. - LawBeefaroni