[Film] Rom the Spaceknight - 2021?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

[Film] Rom the Spaceknight - 2021?

Post by Isgrimnur »

Collider
Hasbro movie-verse is now branching out to lesser-known properties, starting with … Rom the Spaceknight?

As Deadline reports, that project gained some momentum recently with the announcement of Zak Penn (Ready Player One) as its screenwriter. Hasbro/Paramount previously established a writers room as a sort of think-tank to establish the overall arc for the films. Penn wasn’t a part of that initial braintrust, but it’s likely that the scaffolding for the film was in place before he signed on. No details are available either for Hasbro/Paramount of Penn’s take on the material, so stay tuned. Currently, there’s no release date set for ROM since it’s still in the scripting phase, but Hasbro/Paramount does have an untitled “event” film on the books for a 2021 release.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
hepcat

Re: [Film] Rom the Spaceknight - 2021?

Post by hepcat »

Since it’s a movie, maybe the character will make seven sounds instead of six.
He won. Period.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Oh man I love ROM!

When I was young my granddad used to frequent yard sales, and one day he brought home an entire yard-sized garbage bag full of comic books. (And yes, I kick myself all the time that I no longer have them). But included among the X-Men, Batman, and Moon Knights was a ton of ROMs. Had a blast reading those.
Holman

Post by Holman »

ROM started as a toy, right?

I seem to remember that (in the toy-spinoff comic) he was bug-sized and had to fight a lawnmower. (?)

Very-early-80s suburbia was a battleground, man!!
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

YellowKing wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:30 pm Oh man I love ROM!
I don't love ROM, but it's a part of my childhood for some weird reason (don't think I had the toy or comic, nor did anyone I knew. I think) and when there is a reference to him (on, say, Robot Chicken), I'm like *nostalgia*.

It's a weird feeling.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

As a kid I had hand me downs from my 13 and 15 years older brother and sister of Archie and Richie Rich but I collected on my own X-Men, Micronauts, and ROM.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
RuperT

Post by RuperT »

Without Googling, I do think he started as a toy, but like a larger GI Joe Voltron type. Never knew him to be small, maybe you’re thinking of Micronauts? So long ago, fun to try to recall.
When I was in elementary school, Mom subscribed to several comics and apparently just decided to pick the titles without consulting me (might have been a birthday present). For years I received Rom:Spaceknight, Amazing Spider-Man (not Spectacular :?, lots of Aunt May), Incredible Hulk (who stayed in the desert mostly then helping me appreciate Ang Lee’s Hulk later, also intro’d Rocket Racoon) and, uh, Dazzler (I guess disco and roller skates were big for everyone at the time, myself included).
I really liked Rom, I hope they treat him well. Not sure what the crossover with the MCU will be. They could make it stand alone pretty easily. I don’t remember other Marvel heroes showing up often in the comic, if at all, although the Dire Wraiths were pretty nasty.
Quest: MacDaddy0 - PSN: Rupyrt - Live: MooseFoe
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

RuperT wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:04 am Without Googling, I do think he started as a toy
Some googling (since I'd not heard of Rom before this) and a Wikipedia entry back you up.
-mf
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Micronauts were my thing. I loved those little guys.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

RuperT wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:04 am I really liked Rom, I hope they treat him well. Not sure what the crossover with the MCU will be. They could make it stand alone pretty easily. I don’t remember other Marvel heroes showing up often in the comic, if at all, although the Dire Wraiths were pretty nasty.
I doubt they’ll put him in the Marvel universe. I’m not even sure he’s licensed to Marvel.
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Once again, what Daehawk wants, Daehawk gets.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Holman

Post by Holman »

RuperT wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:04 am Without Googling, I do think he started as a toy, but like a larger GI Joe Voltron type. Never knew him to be small, maybe you’re thinking of Micronauts? So long ago, fun to try to recall.
When I was in elementary school, Mom subscribed to several comics and apparently just decided to pick the titles without consulting me (might have been a birthday present). For years I received Rom:Spaceknight, Amazing Spider-Man (not Spectacular :?, lots of Aunt May), Incredible Hulk (who stayed in the desert mostly then helping me appreciate Ang Lee’s Hulk later, also intro’d Rocket Racoon) and, uh, Dazzler (I guess disco and roller skates were big for everyone at the time, myself included).
I really liked Rom, I hope they treat him well. Not sure what the crossover with the MCU will be. They could make it stand alone pretty easily. I don’t remember other Marvel heroes showing up often in the comic, if at all, although the Dire Wraiths were pretty nasty.
On the suburban lawn front, yeah, I'm probably thinking of Micronauts.

I can remember the drug store where I bought ROM better than I can remember the comic itself.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hepcat wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:09 am
RuperT wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:04 am I really liked Rom, I hope they treat him well. Not sure what the crossover with the MCU will be. They could make it stand alone pretty easily. I don’t remember other Marvel heroes showing up often in the comic, if at all, although the Dire Wraiths were pretty nasty.
I doubt they’ll put him in the Marvel universe. I’m not even sure he’s licensed to Marvel.
Not presently. He belongs to Parker Brothers (Hasbro) and Paramount pictures.
It's almost as if people are the problem.