[Film] Mattel Toy films

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

[Film] Mattel Toy films

Post by Isgrimnur »

HR
A film simply titled G.I. Joe will hit theaters March 27, 2020. ... The year 2020 will apparently be a Hasbro year, as the studio has also set Micronauts to open seven months later on Oct. 16, 2020. The toy property follows a race of alien warriors from an alternate dimension that's microscopic. Additionally, Paramount has carved out a July 23, 2021, date for Dungeons & Dragons, based on the tabletop role-playing game, and set aside Oct. 1, 2021, for an untitled Hasbro event film.
Last edited by Isgrimnur on Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
AWS260

Re: [Film] Paramount toy films

Post by AWS260 »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:23 am
and set aside Oct. 1, 2021, for an untitled Hasbro event film.
Fingers crossed for Furby.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The collective squeal of every Brony across the world is almost deafening right now.
Covfefe!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's Nerf or nothing.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Variety
Rapper Lil Yachty is developing an action heist comedy based on Uno — yes, the card game — with Mattel Films.

Marcy Kelly wrote the screenplay for the movie, set in the underground hip hop world of Atlanta. Though the cast has not been announced, Lil Yachty is being eyed for the lead role.

“I’m so excited to be part of this film with Mattel,” said Lil Yachty, a musician best known for the songs “Broccoli” and “iSpy.” “I played Uno as a kid and still do today, so to spin that into a movie based on the Atlanta hip hop scene I came out of is really special. It hits close to home for me.”
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Variety
Mattel, the popular toy company, intends to turn yet another children’s game into a big-screen extravaganza.

The company’s film division has announced plans to develop Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em, the tabletop game featuring battling robots, as a live-action movie starring Vin Diesel.

“To take the classic Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em game, with Mattel as my partner, and align it with the kind of world-building, franchise-making success we have had with Universal, is truly exciting,” said Diesel, whose production company One Race Films is working on the project with Universal Pictures.

Mattel has several film adaptations in the works, some more curious than others. The growing list of properties in development include “Wishbone,” based on the ’90s TV show about the well-read Jack Russell terrier; “Barbie” starring Margot Robbie and written by Greta Gerwig and Noah Baumbach; ... The company is also making a live-action “Barney” movie with Daniel Kaluuya, a character the Oscar-nominated actor has labeled “misunderstood.”
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

ComicBook.com, November 13, 2020
Micronauts is the latest movie delayed to the ongoing global pandemic. Friday night, Paramount removed Micronauts from its release schedule, taking it off its June 2021 release date and moving it to an unknown date in the future.
gameoverman

Re: [Film] Mattel Toy films

Post by gameoverman »

I'm waiting for VertiBird: The Movie. It should happen on a planet with no gravity, so everything must be tethered to a central base.
Isgrimnur

Re: [Film] Mattel Toy films

Post by Isgrimnur »

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:56 pm ComicBook.com, November 13, 2020
Micronauts is the latest movie delayed to the ongoing global pandemic. Friday night, Paramount removed Micronauts from its release schedule, taking it off its June 2021 release date and moving it to an unknown date in the future.
I really really hope Micronauts is good. I loved the comics and the toys as a child. I still have Baron Karza and Force Commander figures stored away in a box.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter