MLB Post Season 2019

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Re: MLB Season 2019

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Fight night in the Ravine.

A man suffered a skull fracture and is on life support after being attacked in the parking lot of Dodger Stadium early Saturday morning, the victim's family told NBC4 in Los Angeles.
A number of fights, though less intense, broke out at Dodger Stadium on the second night of the 2019 season. Video footage of fans attacking each other in the left field bleachers made the rounds on social media throughout Saturday.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

$iljanus wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:36 pm Yea, the Nationals bats are active today with them now leading 5-3. Better get more insurance runs before the Nats closers muck it up. Image
And the Mets are hammering the relief pitchers and the score is now tied at 5. :grund: :pop:

Edit: Whew, thank you Trea Turner!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

naednek wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:51 am
Lorini wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:14 am We need to play AZ every game for the rest of the season.
Ya but with the game 2 results...

Get it out of your system please.
Nope! I'll be at the Giants game on Tuesday and no, I'm not rooting for the Giants, sorry :)
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Something in the Boston water. Porcello gives up 9R/4ER in 2.2 IP. 73 pitches.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Cubs score 10 runs and lose :shock:
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Another day, another Red Sox starter shitting the bed. Hopefully it will turn out that this Mariners offense is the greatest in the history of baseball.
Black Lives Matter.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Lorini wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:02 pm Cubs score 10 runs and lose :shock:
Even better, they averaged 9+ per game and went 1-2.

Also, the rule changes announced today should be a net positive, I think.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Bullpen management the last two games is shades of Terry Collins. And we all know how much I loved Terry. Alonso is a beast at least.

And they end up winning. Takeaways so far this season. Alonso is insane until the pitchers figure out how to pitch him of course. J.D. Davis should never play 3rd base again. My god he was terrible and almost cost them the game multiple times. Diaz isn't on yet, but after loading the bases he struck out the next 3 batters. He'll be fine just needs to get into a groove.

Mickey Callaway has not been impressive so far in the first few games. Bad bullpen management and a very questionable call the other day not pinch running for the catcher in a key situation. Ended up okay, but the announcers were dying watching it play out. :lol: Still it's only his second season so we'll see how that works out.

This team certainly can compete this year from what I've seen. They have a deep lineup once a few players come back and the pitching should be strong.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

I suspect that Joe Kelly is hiding an injury. He got booed off the mound last night for basically giving the Giants the win, noting that the offense died as it does from time to time.

From a Twitter guy I follow: "The Dodgers are undefeated in games where Joe Kelly doesn't pitch".
Last edited by Lorini on Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

I have one thing to say... Image

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
naednek

Post by naednek »

Zaxxon wrote:
Lorini wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:02 pm Cubs score 10 runs and lose :shock:
Even better, they averaged 9+ per game and went 1-2.

Also, the rule changes announced today should be a net positive, I think.
Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Scherzer vs Harper tonight! Should be exciting to see them square off. Or there will be a lot of foul balls and walks. Looking forward to it in any case. :pop:

Edit: Or not since there’s a rain delay. :hawk:
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Honestly, if the Berkshires love the Yankees that much, they should just join New York already.
Black Lives Matter.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

There are way less Mets fans than I realized. Holy crap. No wonder why the don't want to spend money. :mrgreen:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Well, good news is that it *is* possible for a Red Sox starter to give up fewer than 6 runs. The bad news is that the Red Sox offense managed 0.

At least the Yankees are losing too.
Black Lives Matter.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

WHEW!!!
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

Lorini wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:03 amWHEW!!!
almost gave it up...
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

naednek wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:36 am
almost gave it up...
Dodgers bullpen tied for the worst bullpen in the majors. The position players know they have to hit homers to have any chance of winning.
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

And the shit show that is the Nationals relief bullpen strikes again as a game where I thought the Nats would win is now an 8-6 score with one out and men on 1st and 2nd at the top of the 8th.

Yea only one behind now. Oh the agita!

Edit: Walk off walk! Nats win!
Black lives matter!

Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Lorini wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:03 pm
naednek wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:36 am
almost gave it up...
Dodgers bullpen tied for the worst bullpen in the majors. The position players know they have to hit homers to have any chance of winning.
The Dodgers led the majors last year in solo home runs. They need a couple guys who can just get on base.
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

They say they are changing that, but one week is way too small of a sample size to see if that’s working. In good news the Dodgers took two out of three from the despicable Giants.
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

deGrom 24 strikeouts in 13 innings 2-0 AND he hit a home run. I've never in my life seen a pitcher have a run like this. If he gives up 3 or less runs in his next start he will have the record for most quality starts in a row. That's 26 freaking games in a row, the next would be 27. Insane... The Mets had a hot start last year and fell apart so I'm not going to get super excited, but they have a lot of bright spots to be excited about.

ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

This whole "extended spring training but in actual ballparks like real games" thing has been a fun experiment, but I think I'm ready for it to be over and for the real games to start now.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

ImLawBoy wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:23 am This whole "extended spring training but in actual ballparks like real games" thing has been a fun experiment, but I think I'm ready for it to be over and for the real games to start now.
The new games started last night, actually. Pretty sure none of the games before then are going to count. Except as to the Yankees, whose losses will still count.
Black Lives Matter.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I'm not sure they Yankees can even field a full team right now. They are dropping like flies.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

ImLawBoy wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:23 am This whole "extended spring training but in actual ballparks like real games" thing has been a fun experiment, but I think I'm ready for it to be over and for the real games to start now.
How's that opening day win looking now? :horse:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

On the plus side, I am excited that the Red Sox managed to double their win total in just one night. Which is pretty impressive if you don't think about it.
Black Lives Matter.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:34 am
How's that opening day win looking now? :horse:
Bruce Wolf wrote:1-161 still possible.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Here's Thor dragging a DC area (and annoying) radio sports talk host on twitter dot com today:

Hodor.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

In shocking news, the Royals bullpen continues to be terrible.

But the season will be worth it just to watch Mondesi. :wub:
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Exodor wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:41 pm In shocking news, the Royals bullpen continues to be terrible.

Washington and the two Chicagos have the worst bullpens statistically. And yes, then there's KC and Boston, etc.

Yet Craig Kimbrel is still sitting by his phone drinking light beer and maybe texting Dallas Keuchel about tee times.

MYT
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:55 pm
Exodor wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:41 pm In shocking news, the Royals bullpen continues to be terrible.

Washington and the two Chicagos have the worst bullpens statistically. And yes, then there's KC and Boston, etc.

Yet Craig Kimbrel is still sitting by his phone drinking light beer and maybe texting Dallas Keuchel about tee times.
Kimbrel was a shitshow in the second half of last season, though. I'm happy to have him stay away.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Is a 9.60 starting ERA bad?
Black Lives Matter.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:47 pm Is a 9.60 starting ERA bad?
On a scale of 1-100, no.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Maybe win a third game and start from there Red Sox??

In other news Cody Bellinger is on pace to pass Barry Bond's home run record in June :lol:
THE RED SOX (A WHOLE-NEW-YEAR COLUMN UNTO THEMSELVES) –Lost three games – and gave up 16 home runs – during the entire postseason last year. Then came this year. Whereupon they lost six games – and allowed 18 home runs – just in the first week of this season. So how the heck did that happen? Because, as we’re required by law to mention at times like this … it isn’t last year anymore!
Black Lives Matter
Biyobi

Post by Biyobi »

We found a Cubs ball marker left on one of the greens when we played golf this morning. My immediate thought was "He's given up on the season already."
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Watching the Nats relief pitchers is an exercise in pain. But it's been a wild game so far vs the Mets.
Black lives matter!

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

6-2 to start the season. I'll take it. :mrgreen: Alonso is freaking amazing so far. :horse: