Eureka, I'm free of Yahoo!

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Rumpy

Eureka, I'm free of Yahoo!

Post by Rumpy »

For the longest time, the only thing holding me back from deleting my Yahoo account was Flickr. Well, Flickr was recently sold to SmugMug and they've begun to migrate users to their own infrastructure. Today, after migrating I was finally able to delete my Yahoo account. But man, one thing I've realized is they really don't want you to delete it as I couldn't figure out how to do it by navigating Yahoo itself and had to search to find the right page. It feels good to be released by their shackles. I don't know if I should exclaim Yahoo! :D
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Exodor

Re: Eureka, I'm free of Yahoo!

Post by Exodor »

After reading your post I signed into my old Yahoo email account for the first time in years.

Apparently LA Fitness really wants me to join them - there's 78 unread messages in my Inbox and probably 70 of them are begging me to "come back" to a gym that I've never joined.

The most recent item in the Sent Email folder is from 2009. :lol:
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Well crap, I saw this and thought the show was coming back. :(
He won. Period.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Sorry to disappoint you, Hep. I did like Eureka too. It was a good show.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

When I killed my Yahoo account about 10 years ago, it was an ordeal. There was no way to do so online, you had to actually get a hold of a live person there to do it. Then they said they did...but didn't. And my then-fiance now wife nearly left because of that -- in her mind, since met in a Yahoo chat room, the persistence of my account meant I was still keeping the door open for others. Finally I got in touch with someone sympathetic to the situation and she made sure it was dead and stayed dead.
Black Lives Matter
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Wow, that sucks, Jeff! I can understand where she's coming from, and It really shouldn't have been that difficult. I sympathize.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Given the alarming number of data breaches that occurred at Yahoo along with its credibility (or lack thereof), it's certainly a wise precaution for anyone that owned a Yahoo account to get rid of it ASAP. To that end, here's a useful guide on How to Terminate a Yahoo Account in 5 Easy Steps, courtesy of NordVPN.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Turns out I had 2 yahoo accounts. I was able to delete one of them using AB's helpful link. The other one wants to send a verification email to an account that I closed at least 10 years ago, with no option to change it. I suppose if I can't get in, nobody else can, either.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Rumpy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:09 pm Wow, that sucks, Jeff! I can understand where she's coming from, and It really shouldn't have been that difficult. I sympathize.
She had a right to be jealous. I created 27 different "female" accounts and I was THIS close to getting Jeff to marry 4 of them...
He won. Period.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Yeah, I was actually surprised how overt they were on Flickr with their Migration FAQ and pretty much telling people when and how to delete their yahoo account.
https://help.flickr.com/en_us/changes-t ... -rkF1q3cIV
hepcat wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:46 pm
Rumpy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:09 pm Wow, that sucks, Jeff! I can understand where she's coming from, and It really shouldn't have been that difficult. I sympathize.
She had a right to be jealous. I created 27 different "female" accounts and I was THIS close to getting Jeff to marry 4 of them...
Lol Hep, you funny guy. You created your own.. harem? :D
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Rumpy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:26 pm Yeah, I was actually surprised how overt they were on Flickr with their Migration FAQ and pretty much telling people when and how to delete their yahoo account.
https://help.flickr.com/en_us/changes-t ... -rkF1q3cIV
hepcat wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:46 pm
Lol Hep, you funny guy. You created your own.. harem? :D
He refers to them as his "VBs" -"Virtual Bitches"
Black Lives Matter