8th anniversary of our tornado

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

8th anniversary of our tornado

Post by Daehawk »

Today...well yesterday as of 2 hours ago.....was the 8th anniversary since the tornado outbreak that hit us April 27th 2011. We all got hit with an F4. Lucky for us a smaller one came by here. Put 2 big ass trees on our house. The one in front took the gable off our roof and part of the roof and front.

My wife didn't like storms to start with and when one would come if it was bad we'd go to the back bedroom with only a door to the back enclosed porch and sit with out pets until stuff passed. In 2011 I was putting it off. I dont recall why now but I was dragging my feet. Then the noise started and the wind picked up and we left the bedroom we were in and headed for the back room when it hit us. The tree fell right on top of the house above out heads. Scared the shit out of us. Once it was all over I opened the front door to nothing but leaves and blocked view. I couldn't open the storm door. It was very lucky it didn't break all the windows.

Every since that day any little storm or bad weather coming worried her to no end. I mean scared her bad. Id always tell her no it will all be ok not to worry. I never told her I was worried too. Luckily we never got another one like that or near it. Ended up having to have stuff rebuilt and all the trees removed that were down plus a new roof.

My little soulmate is gone now so no more worries for her. But every time I hear the wind of the rain I think of her. I think of that night. It was pitch black out when it hit. Went without power for 3 or 4 days.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"