The Cold Blue

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

The Cold Blue

Post by LawBeefaroni »

WWII B17 documentary. Footage looks amazing. Thursdays are tough for me but I'm going to try to make it to the local showing.

The Cold Blue.

IMDB description:
In 1943, director William Wyler crafted 'Memphis Belle,' a tribute to the titular WWII bomber. Using footage from the National Archives shot by Wyler and his team, director Erik Nelson has created a new film, featuring narration from some of the last surviving B-17 pilots.
—AFI Fest
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Kraken

Re: The Cold Blue

Post by Kraken »

The movie looks better than the beer. Alas, not on netflix.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Coming to HBO in June.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Blue is somewhat of a pariah here in Canada too. I mean, it's got a huge consumer base (well, huge by Canadian standards) but even the people that I used to drink with who weren't exactly beer snobs gave it a wide berth.

I mean, I'd drink it if it was the only thing available (I actually like cheap, shitty beer some times) but I'd never willingly order it.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Molson Canadian was my hockey beer of choice but I'd settle for Labatt Blue if it were on offer.

Once I was in a bar with friends and this woman ordered a "LAH-bats" like you'd say "lab rats". We drank it a lot more after that, just so we could order it that way. In-jokes are dumb sometimes.

As for the film, glad HBO picked it up so it can get more looks. Hopefully they don't alter it to much.

I'm a huge WWII aviation nut and the B-17 is one of my all time favorite...things that exists. Really want to see this but Thursday is not looking good. Only one day and one time? Ugh.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:49 am I'm a huge WWII aviation nut and the B-17 is one of my all time favorite...things that exists. Really want to see this but Thursday is not looking good. Only one day and one time? Ugh.
AWS260 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:15 pm Coming to HBO in June.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:49 am Molson Canadian was my hockey beer of choice but I'd settle for Labatt Blue if it were on offer.
When we wanted to be fancy in college and have imported beer (Imported from 90 minutes away), that was our pecking order, too.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:57 am
LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:49 am I'm a huge WWII aviation nut and the B-17 is one of my all time favorite...things that exists. Really want to see this but Thursday is not looking good. Only one day and one time? Ugh.
AWS260 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:15 pm Coming to HBO in June.
LawBeefaroni wrote:As for the film, glad HBO picked it up so it can get more looks.
Not that I have HBO anyway, but that's not the point. I mean it's probably torrentable too by now. Would like to see it on the big screen and premier night would be fun too.

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I guess I shouldn’t try to snark before lunch. My apologies.
It's almost as if people are the problem.