Font to improve memory (Sans Forgetica), no really!

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

em2nought

Font to improve memory (Sans Forgetica), no really!

Post by em2nought »

"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
hepcat

Re: Font to improve memory (Sans Forgetica), no really!

Post by hepcat »

I keep making my eyes go out of focus when looking at that font and I still can't see the tiger that's supposed to be hidden in it. :?
He won. Period.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I don't think this would help anyone long term. It's supposed to help people remember by making people pause while reading. This makes the presumption that the persons brain wont learn the font in a very short period of time. I'm not convinced.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

I haven't figured out how to get it to display yet. Maybe my brain needs more work than I thought. :mrgreen:
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I didn't find myself reading any slower or more deliberately. I already read slow and force myself to comprehend. If I don't, I absorb nothing at all. I've always been a slooowww reader. Like a typical novel (which I believe is between 4th and 9th grade reading level) is between one and three minutes a page for me. I also never understood the difficulty with reading upside down. It's all the same to me. So there will be no help for crappy memory. OtOH, maybe it would help me type better. Wouldn't that be a treat? Somehow forcing my typing and proofreading to become more deliberate. If that worked then I would sign up in a New York City Salsa Minute.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm with Drazzil. It's a good idea (forces you to slow down), but you'll eventually get used to the font and the same problem recurs.

Now, a dynamic version that's a little different every time it loads (maybe three or four variants of each letter that are randomly picked each time) might work.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)