Is Rip OK?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Pyperkub

Is Rip OK?

Post by Pyperkub »

PM'd him after I noticed he hadn't posted since March earlier this week, and haven't heard anything.

Anyone know if he's OK?
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Smoove_B

Re: Is Rip OK?

Post by Smoove_B »

I see him on STEAM (or someone that took over his STEAM account after eating him) all the time, playing games. I thought he was doing the Twitch stream thing, making money by playing games in his underpants or something?
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

His last Facebook post was also March. But there are also no posts from anyone saying anything happened to him.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Smoove_B wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:41 pm I see him on STEAM (or someone that took over his STEAM account after eating him) all the time, playing games. I thought he was doing the Twitch stream thing, making money by playing games in his underpants or something?
He or someone on his account played Battletech this morning.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Last I heard (from him) he was trying to monetize his twitch channel. I believe he said he was having some success. If he's streaming as a full-time gig (which I believe was the hope), then he's not going to have a lot of free time, as success is often a matter of frequency as well as appeal.

I didn't look into it, but it sounded like he was taking his Rip persona live, for other like minded individuals.

So...more power to him, I guess. If people will throw money at a wall, why not throw it at discussions about dirty libruls?
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

He does seem to be active on Twitch. If anyone feels the need to do a wellness check, his channel is Rip4Ever.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

All that Trump success. :(
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
naednek

Post by naednek »

well, he hasn't changed :P

hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Pre-outfitted with prison stripes.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Rip

Post by Rip »

Just streaming so many hours I have been busy.

Appreciate the concern. Be sure to stop in and say hi!
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Just opened up the twitch stream and saw that Rip is an middle aged Asian woman talking about a computer or graphics chip.

(then noticed the small older white fella in the bottom corner of the screen. I usually don't do Twitch so how was I to know?)
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Rip wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:12 pm Just streaming so many hours I have been busy.

Appreciate the concern. Be sure to stop in and say hi!
The chat link seems to be broken or I would have.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Is he still following a “sun goes down, pants go down” programming rule?
Covfefe!
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

hepcat wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:26 pm Is he still following a “sun goes down, pants go down” programming rule?
Sun has been down for an hour and pants are still on. I'm out.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

:lol:
Covfefe!
morlac

Post by morlac »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:49 pm
hepcat wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:26 pm Is he still following a “sun goes down, pants go down” programming rule?
Sun has been down for an hour and pants are still on. I'm out.
Donate to remove pants. Stop being so cheap.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Wait... he's home the whole time he's streaming? And you were wondering why the pants didn't go down with the sun?

Why were there pants on in the first place???
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

As Rip is OK (and I assumed he was because he's said as much several time over the last year), I am going to take this time to hijack and ask about tgb. He used to be all over the fill in the name of electronic game section with betas and "candidate for game of the year", exposing me to a lot games I'd never be exposed to otherwise, some great, some not so much but it's been quite a while since he started prepping for retirement. Is he also active in places I don't see?
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

For that matter, where is theohall? He hasn't posted in 4 years.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Jaymann wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:52 am For that matter, where is theohall? He hasn't posted in 4 years.
I don't quite remember but it felt like he took his ball and went home at the time. It seemed like a cooling period until it didn't.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Jaymann wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:52 am For that matter, where is theohall? He hasn't posted in 4 years.
I think he's fine.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:40 am As Rip is OK (and I assumed he was because he's said as much several time over the last year), I am going to take this time to hijack and ask about tgb. He used to be all over the fill in the name of electronic game section with betas and "candidate for game of the year", exposing me to a lot games I'd never be exposed to otherwise, some great, some not so much but it's been quite a while since he started prepping for retirement. Is he also active in places I don't see?
The question was asked in a weird place (i.e. a thread about something else), and I believe it was answered there, but I can't for the life of me remember what that answer was (or which thread it was). I *think* he's fine, and it's another "took his ball and went home" although about what, I'm unsure (I have some suspicions). He did have some health issues crop up, I believe.

But that's all speculation and an iffy memory. I'll let someone else actually provide a more definitive answer. I'm curious too.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

tgb moved to Mexico. Plus, he said he wanted to do more playing of games than talking about games.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

So in summary, Rip is not OK but he's on Twitch and doing his own thing. :D

I'd thought that about tgb as well but apparently he's active on QT3 where all the cool people hang out. I guess we're not cool. I wish everyone well.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:12 pm I guess we're not cool. I wish everyone well.
Me too, but I'm disappointed. I, and most people here I think, liked tgb. His contributions were valuable. It's a shame, but people are free to live their lives as they see fit, obviously. Well wishes etc.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Except for Green Giant. F that guy.

(I kid, I hope all is well - where ever you disappeared to)
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:40 am As Rip is OK (and I assumed he was because he's said as much several time over the last year), I am going to take this time to hijack and ask about tgb. He used to be all over the fill in the name of electronic game section with betas and "candidate for game of the year", exposing me to a lot games I'd never be exposed to otherwise, some great, some not so much but it's been quite a while since he started prepping for retirement. Is he also active in places I don't see?
He is somewhat active on quartertothree.com, as Sonoftgb. Coincidentally, he posted in a "what happened to" thread (for Vic Davis) over there just this morning.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Rip

Post by Rip »

I haven't missed a day of streaming since before xmas btw.

I am every bit the beast on twitch as I have been for years here. If only there were more hours in the day I would still be hanging out here more.

But don't worry if Trump gets re-elected I will be sure to come take a victory lap for old times sake.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Rip wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:30 pm But don't worry if Trump gets re-elected I will be sure to come take a victory lap for old times sake.
Just a reminder, there is no monetization here. Unless there is. I don't follow every development on the board.

With a little luck Fox will be looking for a Tucker Carlson replacement at some point. Be ready.