Amazon has whacked our affiliate account. Hosting Donations/Commitments $2063 of $1920 (Sept 13/18). In Hand $1466 (Lump sum payments minus paypal graft). Paypal Donation Link Here

[Streaming] HBO Max

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur
Snooze

[Streaming] HBO Max

Post by Isgrimnur » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:39 pm

CNBC
AT&T’s WarnerMedia announced on Tuesday that its new streaming service will be called HBO Max. As the name implies, it includes a lot more than just content from HBO.

HBO Max will include shows and movies from Warner Bros., New Line, DC Entertainment, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, The CW, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes and other content providers. It also includes exclusive rights to stream all 236 episodes of the TV show “Friends.”

The service is expected to launch in beta later this year. AT&T has not said how much it will cost. HBO Max will launch publicly in the spring of 2020 and will include 10,000 hours of content, the company said.
Other popular TV shows coming to HBO Max include “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,” “Pretty Little Liars” and “Batwoman.” HBO Max will include original shows created specifically for the new streaming service, in addition to shows that will launch on HBO.
Silver - 1k

YellowKing

Re: [Streaming] HBO Max

Post by YellowKing » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:41 pm

A friend of mine and I were talking about streaming services just the other day, and I mentioned that I believed we were about to see services start to consolidate. It just makes sense - unless you have the money to produce amazing original content, you're just not going to be able to sustain the subscriber base necessary to survive against the big boys.

hepcat

Re: [Streaming] HBO Max

Post by hepcat » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:43 am

Thankfully, it looks like DC Universe WON'T be rolled into HBO Max. Although HBO Max (seriously, this is the name they want to go with?) will include some DC Universe content.

If they'd rolled it into the new service and kept all the current/future programming AND the comic library, I'd have been fine with them doing so. But I suspect they would have dropped the comic library.
I beat a camel to death with a monkey. Can I do that?
-Mr Bismarck

You have to whack a few rabbits before you are ready to punch a camel.
-Coopasonic