Fundraising complete, next renewal is August 2022. Paypal Donation Links US dollars CDN Dollars

[Streaming] HBO Max

Everything else!

Moderators: EvilHomer3k, Bakhtosh

hepcat

Re: [Streaming] HBO Max

Post by hepcat »

hepcat wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:13 pm Regarding the new Spanish horror series 30 Coins:
Blackhawk wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:02 pm Looks interesting, but is it subtitles only? That's a show killer for me, unfortunately.
Subtitles only. The show is up now.
And I was about to give up at the halfway mark for the first episode when they
Spoiler:
introduced giant creepy baby. Christ that thing is off putting.
So yeah, starts slow...then turns creepy.

It’s a lot like the original The Omen so far though.
I beat a camel to death with a monkey. Can I do that?
-Mr Bismarck

You have to whack a few rabbits before you are ready to punch a camel.
-Coopasonic
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

I've watched the first three episodes of 30 Coins, and it has its ups and downs. Most of the stuff with the Father Vergara is pretty solid, but I'm not digging Paco and Merche. Elena is pretty good when she's with Vergara, but Paco drags her down in her scenes with him. I think it's interesting how each episode moves forward with the coins while still maintaining a "monster of the week" feel (so far, anyway). And, yeah. That part in the first episode was super creepy.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The first half of the first episode did not impress me. Thankfully I stuck around though once you know what showed up. That's when it became almost a creature feature. At that point I started enjoying it.

Father Vergara is definitely the most interesting character. I can only hope they inject some more life into the supporting characters as they go on.

Also, I want to live in that town where the show is set. It’s so idyllic. Well...other than the monsters and demons.
-Mr Bismarck

-Coopasonic
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Just as an FYI, the prepay option that was offering a discount was originally set to end on 1/15. However, in checking it now, they've extended the price break to 3/1/21 (saving 20% when you pre-pay 6 months).
I'm so far off the map the sun is shining
dobberhd

Post by dobberhd »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:08 pm Just as an FYI, the prepay option that was offering a discount was originally set to end on 1/15. However, in checking it now, they've extended the price break to 3/1/21 (saving 20% when you pre-pay 6 months).
Thanks for posting this. I was just about to add it soon because the deal would be up, but can now wait for a while.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

And now they're releasing Godzilla vs King Kong two months early:
First it was the Warner Bros. decision in late-2020 to shift all of its 2021 theatrical releases over to the HBO Max streaming service. Now, one of the studio's big blockbusters for the year, Godzilla vs. Kong, will be arriving for streaming an unheard-of two months ahead of schedule.

The new release date is March 26, 2021.

It's not uncommon for Hollywood to shift release dates around even when there isn't a dangerous illness sweeping across the planet. But this is still a surprise, starting with the fact that Godzilla vs. Kong is even coming to HBO Max as part of the Warner Bros. 2021 plan.
I'm so far off the map the sun is shining
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I would prefer to see this in a theater, so hopefully they’ll open up some of them before then. I do love me some kaiju action.
-Mr Bismarck

-Coopasonic
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Black Lives Matter

Unrelated: "It's its own cloaca, shaped in its perfect, unique way"
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

I watched the first half of Locked Down over the weekend with my wife, who apparently managed to stay awake through the entire thing. It took way too long to get to the heist aspect of things. There were some amusing, relatable pandemic moments in what I watched, but I think they really could have cut down on that significantly to move things along.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

hepcat wrote:I would prefer to see this in a theater, so hopefully they’ll open up some of them before then. I do love me some kaiju action.
Theaters are open in Jersey with limited seating. Heck for 200 bucks you can rent an entire theater for up to 20 people.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Enlarge Image

I don't believe there was more than twenty people at any of these showings.
Black Lives Matter

Unrelated: "It's its own cloaca, shaped in its perfect, unique way"