Fundraising for 2019/2020: 12 Month renewal is up Oct 21/2019. $1337.51 USD of roughly $1700 USD (CDN conversion) as of Sept 1/2019. Paypal Donation Link Here

[Film] Morbius, The Living Vampire

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

[Film] Morbius, The Living Vampire

Post by Isgrimnur » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:16 pm

Screenrant
Morbius was confirmed for release on July 31, 2020. The release date occurs during peak summer movie season, indicating Sony has high hopes for its next film about a Spider-Man villain.
Daniel Espinosa is directing Morbius. This is Espinosa's first time directing a film based on a comic book character. Since earning attention for the 2010 Swedish-language crime/action film Easy Money starring Joel Kinnaman, Espinosa has gone on to direct films primarily in that vein. Past credits include Safe House starring Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds; Child 44 starring Tom Hardy, Gary Oldman, and Noomi Rapace; and Life starring Reynolds, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Rebecca Ferguson.
The Morbius cast will be led by Jared Leto ... It was confirmed at the same time Leto's casting was that playing Morbius would not affect his future as The Joker in other films.
Doctor Who alum Matt Smith joined the cast shortly before filming began and will play the character Loxias Crown. Loxias is based on a Marvel villain but has been tweaked slightly so that he will be established as Morbius' former friend and a man who suffers from the same blood disease as him, too.

hepcat

Re: [Film] Morbius, The Living Vampire

Post by hepcat » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:34 pm

I'm in...in spite of the Leto casting choice. But hey, he has done good movies in the past. Perhaps he'll come through with this one.
I beat a camel to death with a monkey. Can I do that?
-Mr Bismarck

You have to whack a few rabbits before you are ready to punch a camel.
-Coopasonic