Might be stepping away from life a bit

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Smoove_B

Re: Might be stepping away from life a bit

Post by Smoove_B »

Maybe I don't understand then because any time I've called our mortgage company there are automated options via touch-tone to get payoff numbers or balance due. The idea that I'd need to call someone and get a verbal over the phone is just...weird to me. I'd be more inclined to look at paperwork, double it and then calculate the penalty - that's the amount I'd pay. I dunno. You apparently have a special situation. Regardless, I wouldn't be waiting for someone to call me back. I'd be calling them like a lunatic.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

They called me just now. I made my double payment and set up next payments auto draw. Once the reset is finalized since I made my payment Im all caught up . Come 2024 Im out of mortgage. Unless I can toss more money at it sometimes which I hope to do...some how. My looks only get me so far though :P

The thing I found weird is I asked for a receipt for this double payment and he said they dont send receipts out. Im not sure how my wife handled that or kept up with it other than bank records that they took it out. Theres no receipt to show what it was for only who took it. Makes me feel worried. Guess its normal. I prefer a receipt for everything. And everyone else provides them. Strange to say the least.

I got a 2nd account just for them though. I dont like or trust them a bit so opened a new account at our old bank and plan to dump the payment in each month when my check arrives. That way they cant take more than the payment. I set it to autodraw a few days later than when my check gets here to give me time to move the cash each month.

Guess Ill talk to the BR place tomorrow.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I paid the bankruptcy totally off this morning. I would not have been able to do so without a very kind and caring fellow OOr here so plz a thought or thank you to the anonymous person. They have helped me so much. I thank them whole heartedly.

Being there for the last time is when it hit me that it truly was the last time Id be there. Me and my wife started this journey to get out of debt in Oct 2015. Really it was her. I just tagged along and signed what I needed to. She was the brains of this outfit. I admit that and told people of that many times. At the time we were thinking we didn't want to shirk our bills but instead wanted to pay them off as we should. We were thinking also that in 5 years or less we'd be debt free and could actually buy some things we wanted. Have something instead of living day to day. She was just 60 years old and we thought we'd have a couple decades left at least.

It didn't turn out that way. She is gone. She was not with me today to see it paid off except in spirit. I found myself instead of being super happy and looking forward to what we would do that I was a bit sad. I was happy to see it gone. She would be too. I was wishing she could be there though. I know she saw it all. I know she is MUCH much better off and happier than I could imagine in Heaven. Its silly of me to wish her with me in these Earthly things. But I am a bit stingy I suppose about it all.

Leaving the lawyer there was a small part of me that thought this is where me and Donna started it all. We'd been multiple times to that building. Sat in those chairs. Walked that floor. And now Id never be back. But it was a better day and a happier day than a sad one. She started this for us as I said. Now its completed . Its what she wanted concerning our bills. Still a part of me wishes she was here to celebrate it with me. All I did was buy a beer on the way home to toast with.

So heres to my wonderful darling precious wife, my OO family, to me, and to being out of bankruptcy. Other than the home payments and the normal monthly bills we....I.....am debt free. And I never plan to return to any.

Again thank you OOr friend. You were a blessing when I had none.

Dae...aka Brian
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Congrats Daehawk and thank you to whatever OOer it was that helped him out. That is awesome!
FTE
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Grats Dae!

I never had to file bankruptcy but we were greatly indebted (about $30k in credit cards - consolidated to lowish fixed rates of 4-5% at least). It was a huge relief and breath of fresh air when we paid of the last credit card.

And thanks to the anonymous OO'er who made this happen. With all the bad crap that people do, it's always nice to see a positive story. :)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The 'Certificate of Final Payment' for the bankruptcy came in the mail today. Basically just a receipt...nothing to frame lolz. Says they are paying off the the last of the places but its over basically. I wish lil'D could be here to see this. She worked hard for this and went through a lot of stress for this. She'd be so happy it was over. Im sure she is anyways but still I wish she was here with me. Im very glad its over but a part of me feels like another piece of our life has ended. I guess its both ways.

I dreamed of her last night. I find it fitting I dream of her when I dont usually dream at all and today I get this in the mail.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:02 pm The 'Certificate of Final Payment' for the bankruptcy came in the mail today. Basically just a receipt...nothing to frame lolz.
I'd make a few photo copies and take a photo with my phone. Receipts fade. :wink:
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Lol ya. I found one yesterday that I know was when me and the wife went some place but its solid white. At certain angles and light I can almost see numbers but not enough for me to bother keeping for the memory. Some of our old movie ticket stubs I always kept have faded to where Id written what and when and such on the back so when they do go Ill still know why the heck I kept them. Others are still perfect. The thermal like paper sucks but the old style with where only the date and name is ink printed stay fine.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I just dont get credit reporting. I check it today and it dropped 87 points from 715. 3 remarks..all the same..completed bankruptcy. You'd think that would be a good thing. Sigh.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Are you planning on taking out loans? Buying a car? Applying for a credit card? Who cares about a credit rating otherwise?

Also, do none of those things.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Payment history: 35%
Amount you owe: 30%
Length of credit history: 15%
New credit opened: 10%
Types of credit you have: 10%
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:47 pm Are you planning on taking out loans? Buying a car? Applying for a credit card? Who cares about a credit rating otherwise?

Also, do none of those things.
No worries there.

Somehow car lots know Im out of debt have I get a lot of real mail spam for used and new cars. Either they pay close attention or they are paying someone to do that for them. its crazy all the crap I get now wanting me to do this and that on credit. NEVER! Im done. And when the home is paid off Im out of all debt except normal monthly bills.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

That's a pretty high score for someone in your situation.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

They've overcompensated on dinging credit scores in my opinion. You really have to pay attention to everything now in order to keep it up which is important particularly in regard to insurance pricing.
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Realized this coming New Years will be the first in over 3 decades my wife and me wont have our midnight kiss when the ball drops in NYC.