Fundraising for 2020/2021: Currently at $1580. Fundraising has begun, see the global post for options. Paypal Donation Links US dollars CDN Dollars

Another sad pet story

Everything else!

Moderators: EvilHomer3k, Bakhtosh

Kraken
Loading…

Re: Another sad pet story

Post by Kraken »

If you like watching vet videos, check out the Vancouver Vet on youtube. Dude looks like Pete Buttigieg, but he's more like the Mr Rogers of cats. He's even selling "squish that cat" merch.

Our vet founded the clinic that we've been going to for the past 25+ years. Although she's not up to speed on the black market FIP treatment, I've been sharing my own findings with her -- respectfuly, of course. I trust her advice over the Facebook group and Dr. Google. I tell her what they say and she diplomatically tells me when they're wrong, and I tell them what she says and they tell me why she's wrong. The FIP Warriors say that the test that came back negative is so unreliable that it's a waste of money. My vet disagrees. IDK who's right, but I do know who I trust.

FWIW Warren had a really good day today after a couple of not-so-good days. The good days encourage me.

Daehawk
Loading…

Post by Daehawk »

May his days only improve from here. Go get'm Warren.

Now I have Werewolves of London in my head. Its on a cd in my car too :)
https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 3 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

Kraken
Loading…

Post by Kraken »

Warren got his first dose of GS441 today. With encouragingly robust resistance, he took all three of his uncomfortably large $10 pills and kept them down – which was never a sure thing -- so we’re off to the races. Assuming he continues to tolerate his meds, we will know within the next two weeks (and probably within a few days) if he has FIP or not.

As strange as it feels to be rooting for a fatal disease, I’m actually hoping for FIP now. At least we will finally know what we’re facing, and we have an unsanctioned treatment in hand. If this drug doesn’t help, we’ll be right back at square one with no idea what really ails him.

Kraken
Loading…

Post by Kraken »

After just three doses of GS411, Warren's doing dramatically better. He just tucked into his sixth bowl of cat food today, which I'm sure is more than he ate all last week. The more he eats, the stronger he gets. He was down to skin and bones and we were carrying him around more than he was walking. He might not have made it thru this weekend.

There's a long road ahead and it's riddled with potholes. He's still far from well. He might have other, underlying conditions. But I'm now sure that he has FIP, and we have a drug that can treat it. The full course will take 81 more days. If all goes well, that's followed by 84 days of observation and tests to make sure he doesn't relapse. Veterinary science has nothing for him, so this is all on me and the FIP Warriors...and the Chinese pharma industry, I guess. If he's still doing well on Monday, I'll order another month's supply of drugs.

Each dose is three pills at $9.50 apiece. Assuming again that he stays on script, the full 12 weeks will run $2,400. I'm fortunate that I can afford it. I saved all the money I made from Nvidia and the Boston Globe this spring, and now Nvidia wants to hire me again for a fall project...and probably winter and spring jobs after that. On top of my daily MIT assignments I'll be working more hours than I like to do, but I'll have more money than I need, and there's nothing I'd rather buy than Warren's health, if that's possible. Biology can always be a bitch.

For the first time, it feels like maybe 2020 is going to end.

dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Outstanding!
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949

Isgrimnur
Loading…

Post by Isgrimnur »

:horse:

Zenn7
Loading…

Post by Zenn7 »

AWESOME! About time we hear some good news from somewhere! Good job Warren, keep up the good fight. :)

dfs

Post by dfs »

Thank you for sharing the good news. 2020 has been short of good news.

Daehawk
Loading…

Post by Daehawk »

So glad to hear some good news for a change. Congrats Warren.
https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 3 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

Blackhawk
Loading…

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm glad this thread didn't deliver!

Kraken
Loading…

Post by Kraken »

Blackhawk wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:31 am
I'm glad this thread didn't deliver!
If I gain enough confidence, I'll change the thread title.