Rock'n Roll High School at 40

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Rock'n Roll High School at 40

Post by Daehawk »

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/roc ... 203292375/
In the late 1970s, Roger Corman was looking to produce a high school-themed movie. Knowing that one of his young directing proteges had a bent for music, the head of New World Pictures had an idea. As Allan Arkush remembers Corman telling him: “I’ve been thinking, since ‘Grease’ and ‘Saturday Night Fever’ are hits, why don’t you put music in it and we’ll call it ‘Disco High’?”

Fortunately, as “Rock ‘n’ Roll High School” took shape, cooler heads prevailed … and nothing could be cooler than the Ramones, then, in 1979, or now, even after most of the band members have passed on. It was 40 years ago this week that the film had its New York City opening, which was part of a very, very staggered release pattern for a low-budget project that came to stand in the upper ranks of almost everyone’s list of essential music movies.
Enlarge Image
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Jeff V

Re: Rock'n Roll High School at 40

Post by Jeff V »

One of my all time-favorites. Joey being force-fed alfalfa sprouts reminded me of Sir Lawrence Olivier's finest moments.

Seriously, I was a huge Ramones fan (and a huge Roger Corman fan). I saw them live a bunch of times, including at record signing at Wax Trax. I visited the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame the year they were inducted. I also had a thing for P.J. Soles back in the day.
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Re: Rock'n Roll High School at 40

Post by hepcat »

The guys I grew up with and I still quote this classic to this day. :wub:
Covfefe!