A Happy Pet Story

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Exodor

A Happy Pet Story

Post by Exodor »

Seems like we've had a lot of sad pet stories lately so I wanted to share the new additions to our family.

This is Claudia:
Enlarge Image

And this is Willow:
Enlarge Image

They're settling in nicely:
Enlarge Image

They're not litter mates but we adopted them today from the same foster family. They're about 8-9 weeks old.

For now they're exploring the spare bedroom while we slowly introduce them to our existing cats - Butter (7) and Ruben (14 or so).

I think four cats officially makes us crazy cat people.
Lassr

Re: A Happy Pet Story

Post by Lassr »

Awwww.

We have 4 cats, 3 black (Chantilly, Coal & Darby), one gray (Opie). They make the loss of the dog, Koda, easier, Coal was even extra loving yesterday morning, we think he sensed our sadness.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

A happy pet thread followed by a post stating a extra loving cat? What witchcraft is this?? What dimension am I in today?

But glad o hear it on both counts.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Kittens shred the few vestiges of machismo I have. Babies? Bleh. Puppies? Meh. Kittens? AWWWWW.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Kittens are the most adorable thing, even beyond puppies; love them to bits. The schizo claw machines they turn into later ruins it for me, though. It seems like 99/100 cats have some kind of serious personality issue. Those odds aren't good enough for us to want to re-introduce cats into our home.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Paingod wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:28 am It seems like 99/100 cats have some kind of serious personality issue. Those odds aren't good enough for us to want to re-introduce cats into our home.
The humans in your house aren't any prize pigs, themselves. :P
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:32 am
Paingod wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:28 am It seems like 99/100 cats have some kind of serious personality issue. Those odds aren't good enough for us to want to re-introduce cats into our home.
The humans in your house aren't any prize pigs, themselves. :P
True, too, I suppose.
Black Lives Matter

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

We had the sweetest cat. She was jet black with gold eyes. Her hair was about 1 inch long and so soft and fluffy. She blew in with the tornado in 2011. She wasn't here then the next day was....and never left. We considered her our's until she disappeared one day around 2014 or 2015. With her being solid black I always brought her inside to stay a few days before Halloween would roll around. People are crazy. That time though she didn't show up to eat about 2 weeks prior and we never saw her again. Donna always missed her and the last couple years had hinted at wanting a new cat. Her name was Mrs. Marple.

I have a pic but cannot get pics off the old phone. I hook it to USB and it beeps once and thats it. Nothing. Reading online says you need special hardware or software or some trick to get stuff off that old phone. Oh well.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Another happy story. Walter is about 10 now. He is pretty quiet for the most part, unless I leave the room. Then he squawks/yells at me until I come back in. Even another person is sufficient, he just hates to be alone. Plus he is like an alarm clock at sunrise, demanding to be fed. If he gets really pissed he does an ear splitting smoke alarm imitation.

Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Malificent

Post by Malificent »

Exodor wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:17 pm Seems like we've had a lot of sad pet stories lately so I wanted to share the new additions to our family.

And this is Willow:
Enlarge Image
Oddly, your Willow looks almost exactly our Willow. Our Willow is officially Willow T. Cat, where the T either stands for The, or most of the time, stands for Trouble.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

We have 3 cats.
All totally different personalities.
LouLou thinks he's a dog. Loves to drop to the floor and get his belly rubbed. Totally quiet and keeps to himself.
Snowy is a pain in the ass. Always wants to be outside and constantly bitches about it all day. Other than that, he could care less about most things.
Murray is a busy body. Always right there wherever you go, wanting to know what you're doing or where you're going. Hates to be by himself.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

i think you are being incredibly pessimistic about those odds, and it does not match up with my experience. how much of that is self-fulfilling prophecy? (people expect cats to be solitary and cranky, so they don't pay any attention to them.) i've run into a lot of well-adjusted cats - yes, even affectionate cuddlers - over the past years now. i really do think proper upbringing (with lots of attention and care) does much to make them normal-ish. they're still not pack animals and nearly all will not go out of their way to please you, but i've met a surprising number of dog-like cats.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

hitbyambulance wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:15 am
i think you are being incredibly pessimistic about those odds...
Perhaps I am. Of the last cats I've had and met through my life (from early childhood) and spent enough time around to get to know them:
  • 1 window and metal licker, corroding everything in sight with cat drool.
  • 1 repeat furniture shitter, over and over, even with a clean litter box. This cat actually pissed on my head while I was asleep once.
  • 2 tuxedo cats, living up to their "bipolar" descriptor, loving one second, clawing you the next.
  • 2 wood scratchers, who'd ignore all demands to use scratching posts and ripped up wood trim and railings.
  • 1 anywhere pisser, leaving joyous puddles for us on carpets and rugs, despite a clean litter box; also liked to play "smell my paw"
  • 1 bully, angry at everyone and everything
  • 1 scaredy cat, hiding from the world and anything even remotely different from routine
  • 1 stinkbomb - he'd fart anytime you did anything that annoyed him, otherwise okay.
  • 1 cool cat that didn't do any of the above and was generally aloof.
We just haven't had good luck.
Black Lives Matter

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Cat named Lucifer tries to kill owner with a steak knife

:D
A Trenton, Georgia, woman is recovering after tripping over her cat and falling onto a steak knife Sunday.

Kristin McCoy, 38, said she was unloading her dishwasher when one of her cats — 5-year-old Lucifer — approached her, wanting some attention. When she tried to shoo him away, she tripped over him and landed on the kitchen floor.

That's when she realized she'd fallen on a steak knife, which was stuck in her abdomen.
Next time she best pet the cat when it wants some loving.

Post by Default »

Never had any problem cats where the problems weren't correctable. Guess I was lucky.
"pcp, lsd, thc, tgb...it's all good." ~ Kraken
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

I had one problem cat who refused to use the litter box. My latest cat, a Russian Blue mix named Boris BadEnough is great. One thing though, I bought fairly extensive cat trees for both the downstairs and the upstairs and have had no issues with clawing of the furniture.
Black Lives Matter