Any 3D software experts on here?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Hey guys, anyone a whiz at modding .stl files? Heck, don't need to be a whiz, I'll take competent.

I have an .stl file of a base for a game that I downloaded from Thingiverse that I would like to make a change to...I'd like to change the surface of the base to include a depression/cut out for the base of the figure, so I don't have to spend HOURS cutting integrated bases off of figures.

If anyone has the chops with TinkerCAD or something similar and would like to take a whack at this, let me know.

Thanks!
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
hitbyambulance

Re: Any 3D software experts on here?

Post by hitbyambulance »

easy, but not sure i have the time for it. if no one steps up, i could do it
UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom »

Can you post links to the parts?
If I make a grammar or spelling mistake, PM me. I will correct it. It’s better than you being an asshole!

No one knows the truth, only hypothesis, assumptions, conjectures, speculations, presumptions, guesses and theories.

We are not Gods, but nature. No more than one of many dominate species that will inhabit this planet for a short period of time, on its ever so long journey through the universe.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Here’s a link to the .stl file...

Link

I don’t have the dimensions of the base on me right now, I’ll have to measure it out when I get back from this last minute mini vacation.

Thanks!
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

I also found on this build:

Link

This user has created a flat base (no cobblestone) that has the proper sized indent. His intent was to use green stuff to create cobblestone after printing, but that’s too much work for me. So what I need is either this indent in the one with cobblestones, or cobblestones on the one with then indent.