Strange Accident Happened Near Me

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Rumpy

Strange Accident Happened Near Me

Post by Rumpy »

There was a strange accident that happened about 60 miles south of me, even stranger still is the fact that I first heard about it via Jalopnik rather than any of the local news outlets. The gist of it, someone driving a box truck somehow pole-vaulted the truck so that the back-end of the truck ended up resting on top of a roof of a house and someone caught it all on dashcam.

https://jalopnik.com/im-still-not-exact ... 1838015909

When you look at it closer, it appears he let his truck drift into a ditch, which ramped him up towards the house, and he hit some guy-wires along the way which then swung the back end around to be on top of the house's roof.

The next day, I was browsing the local news outlets and the house in question suffered heavy damage. It's one of the oldest houses in that particular area, and the guy living there has grown up in the house and says it will need to be rebuilt. He was standing in front of his garage having a smoke, and nobody (truck driver included) got hurt. So yeah, the driver was definitely distracted and he got charged with careless driving.
https://www.thesudburystar.com/news/loc ... rk-a-truck
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Daehawk

Re: Strange Accident Happened Near Me

Post by Daehawk »

Saw it on the news yesterday. Was very freak.

Chattanooga today has no water. Big break. Im not sure how oen breaks means the entire town has no water but there ya go. What I found silly was the Tennessee Aquarium sits right on the river and their chillers on the roof use water to work...but they had no water and had to have the fire dept come pump water to the roof for them. They lost some stuff in the tanks. I mean you're right on the river why dont they have pipes and pumps to use river water? Its just for the chillers not even the tanks.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Holman

Post by Holman »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:18 pm Saw it on the news yesterday. Was very freak.

Chattanooga today has no water. Big break. Im not sure how oen breaks means the entire town has no water but there ya go. What I found silly was the Tennessee Aquarium sits right on the river and their chillers on the roof use water to work...but they had no water and had to have the fire dept come pump water to the roof for them. They lost some stuff in the tanks. I mean you're right on the river why dont they have pipes and pumps to use river water? Its just for the chillers not even the tanks.
River water is full of dirt and silt and pollutants. Pumps will stir up even more physical matter. Throwing that into the aquarium system will break it more severely than just turning it off.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

They make filters. Plus its for the chillers not the tanks.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Delivery Status

9/9/19
17:10 Your package is out for delivery

9/9/19
17:12 Your package has been delivered
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Derailed on the first reply... For shame, Dae. :whistle:
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Rumpy wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:05 pm There was a strange accident that happened about 60 miles south of me, even stranger still is the fact that I first heard about it via Jalopnik rather than any of the local news outlets. The gist of it, someone driving a box truck somehow pole-vaulted the truck so that the back-end of the truck ended up resting on top of a roof of a house and someone caught it all on dashcam.

https://jalopnik.com/im-still-not-exact ... 1838015909

When you look at it closer, it appears he let his truck drift into a ditch, which ramped him up towards the house, and he hit some guy-wires along the way which then swung the back end around to be on top of the house's roof.

The next day, I was browsing the local news outlets and the house in question suffered heavy damage. It's one of the oldest houses in that particular area, and the guy living there has grown up in the house and says it will need to be rebuilt. He was standing in front of his garage having a smoke, and nobody (truck driver included) got hurt. So yeah, the driver was definitely distracted and he got charged with careless driving.
https://www.thesudburystar.com/news/loc ... rk-a-truck
This is me, in PUBG, at least once per night.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.

Post by Default »

Brian wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:28 pm Delivery Status

9/9/19
17:10 Your package is out for delivery

9/9/19
17:12 Your package has been delivered
Carrier was a lazy bastard and scanned it delivered in the lot. That would be an instance where you can call USPS and claim that you never got your package. The guy can claim that he delivered it, but the gps stamping will show that it was in the facility parking lot. Call the company you ordered from and say you never got it.
"pcp, lsd, thc, tgb...it's all good." ~ Kraken
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

hehehe I think he was joking about how the truck delivered a package on his roof so to speak.

Oops sry for the derail. saw accident today and I was watching tv and just posted.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Nah, I get the joke. Package likely be on the roof. Can you get it down? :D
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti