RIP Sid Haig

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

YellowKing

RIP Sid Haig

Post by YellowKing »

Sid Haig passed away at the age of 80. Most folks know him from his role as Captain Spaulding in Rob Zombie's HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES, THE DEVIL'S REJECTS, and 3 FROM HELL, but he had a long and stories film career going back to the 1960s. He also starred in one of my favorite horror films from the 60s, 1967's SPIDER BABY.

He was beloved by the horror community for not only his crazy roles but his friendliness at the multiple conventions he attended every year. I met him at Mad Monster Party a few years ago and he was a class act.

Smoove_B

Re: RIP Sid Haig

Post by Smoove_B »

Ugh, that's unfortunate news. I loved him as Captain Spaulding and I'm happy to hear he was a friendly dude at a convention. I've met a few actors that were really jerky and it really changed how I viewed them. Anyway, RIP scary man. RIP.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Smoove_B wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:15 am Ugh, that's unfortunate news. I loved him as Captain Spaulding
"

At first I read that as "Captain Stubing" and then thought to myself how great Love Boat would have been if Sid Haig had been the captain.

Met him at a horror convention in Indianapolis years ago. I dragged a friend to it so I could meet Joe Bob Briggs, but Haig was just so nice and friendly to everyone that I doubt anyone got out of there without shaking his hand and saying "Hi!" to him.

To me, he'll always be Ralph from the cult classic, completely bat shit insane Spider Baby.

He won. Period.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

He looks familiar but I cant place what I have seen him in. Looking at IMDB he was in TONS of tv over the 70s and 80s I used to watch all the time so maybe thats it. RIP.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Brian

Post by Brian »

A friend/co-worker met him at a convention back in late June. He looked....well, here's the picture:
So it really came as no surprise to me when I heard the news this morning.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

I had never heard of this guy (although he does look familiar) but he apparently was local and graduated from a local high school.
Black Lives Matter
Hrdina

Post by Hrdina »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:33 pm He looks familiar but I cant place what I have seen him in. Looking at IMDB he was in TONS of tv over the 70s and 80s I used to watch all the time so maybe thats it. RIP.
Yeah, I was never really into horror movies, but Sid Haig was a guest star in a lot of the TV shows I've watched over the years: Star Trek, Get Smart, Mission:Impossible, Batman, Untouchables, Rockford Files, A-Team.
Conform or be cast out!