What fast food do you get more often?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

What fast food do you get more often?

Post by Daehawk »

Dont recall how to make a voting topic.

Anyways what fast food do you get the most of either in a month or a year?

I eat all types..or did. But I'd say the most we got and I get when I can now is Krystal.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Re: What fast food do you get more often?

Post by Blackhawk »

Burger King, maybe two or three times a year. Of course we don't really have a good selection of options around here.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Whataburger.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Burritos from a local place called Loco's, about once a month. In terms of chains, 5 Guys, maybe 3-4 times a year.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Rubio's fish tacos.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

We also went to BK a lot. Id say that was our 2nd most visited place thanks to my wife loving them and them having the buy one get one deals all the time.

We have a 5 Guys but we ate there exactly one time. I cant recall why we didn't like them..other than price. Its that price that keeps me from going there now. $8 for a cheeseburger I can get anywhere else for less than $3?..ya no thanks.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Of course, everybody has a different definition of 'fast food', and we'll start to bump into that soon. Some people consider anything that doesn't involve tablecloths and two forks to be fast food, even if it costs as much for one meal as it would cost a family of four to eat at a 'traditional' fast food place.

I think to me, the definition is that you get it when you order it when it would otherwise take longer to prepare, and that it is significantly cheaper (and thus likely of lower quality) compared to equivalent foods prepared traditionally.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Probably a toss-up between In-N-Out Burger and Chick-fil-A.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

It would be some kind of burger. Maybe a Carl's Western-Bacon Cheeseburger, or an In-N-Out Burger, or even a Whopper.

I really over did fast food burgers years ago and so I don't get one very often any more.
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Taco Bell or Little Ceasars. A bad month might see me eating one or the once a week.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Chick-Fil-A
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
disarm

Post by disarm »

Chipotle
Enough

Post by Enough »

Toxic Hell cheesy bean and rice liquaburrito for a dollar is always a popular deal with me for a cheap and fast lunch. And the ingredients are actually halfway healthy vs most things on their menu. Otherwise, it's sandwich shops and GoodTimes for me.

Edit: we also tend to get Little Caesars here and there but prefer local pizza places typically that I wouldn't call fast food.
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
mori

Post by mori »

Taco Bell as well for me. You can actually eat their pretty healthy or at least low calorie compared to a burger and fries.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

We dont have half the places I see people listing here.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Portillos, maybe 3 times in a year.
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Enough wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:20 pm Toxic Hell cheesy bean and rice liquaburrito for a dollar is always a popular deal with me for a cheap and fast lunch. And the ingredients are actually halfway healthy vs most things on their menu. Otherwise, it's sandwich shops and GoodTimes for me.

Edit: we also tend to get Little Caesars here and there but prefer local pizza places typically that I wouldn't call fast food.
I don't consider most pizza places fast food but I do Little Ceaser's. If fulfill's the same function. My closest one even has a drive thru.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I haven't really done traditional fast food chains as an adult. Maybe a BK or McDonald's hamburger & fries once every couple of years, usually because I'm on the road. I haven't seen the inside of a Taco Bell this century.

On the other hand, if you count egg & cheese bagels from Dunkin Donuts or the equivalent coffee shop as fast food (and you should), I'm doing those once a week. And I hit my local pizza-by-the-slice place pretty often for lunch.

Most of all, I live in a city with amazing food trucks, so I'm really trying to transition towards those.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

During Daylight Saving months, my grill is in service. Every Saturday night is Burger Night, so I never order burgers out. I can make one cheaper, better, and quicker at home.

During Daylight Wasting months, when my grill is cleaned and covered, Saturday night is Pizza Night, and I never order that out.

When I do order burgers or pizza in season, it's nearly always at a restaurant. $7 for a 5 Guys little cheeseburger is a bargain compared to a $14 restaurant burger, and it's almost as fresh. And we have several good Italian restaurants nearby that make excellent pizza. Not as good as homemade, but very good.

We only ever grab fast food when I screw up the weekly menu plan and don't have the time to go out for a proper meal. Well, except for those Loco's burritos. That's the only takeout food I ever plan to buy.

("Fast food" to me means anything you order at a counter or a drive-thru.)
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Usually either A&W or The Pita Pit. Pita Pit is awesome. Go in and select from the different kinds they have on the menu, then on top of that they ask you what else you want in it, so it can be loaded with good stuff. It's a Canadian company that has really expanded, into the U.S even.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Holy shit we have a Pita Pit here in TN in my town no less. Never heard of it.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Checkers by a mile.

Enlarge Image
two months
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Taco Bell for me. Not that I eat there much, maybe ~10 times a year. During ski season, I stop at a Taco Bell for breakfast and eat it on the drive. Other times of year, I only go there if for some reason I can't take a full hour lunch at work.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Wendy's, Sonic, Salsarita's, Fiero, Subway, Zaxby's, Bojangles is probably the places I visit the most often throughout the year. Can't say I visit one more often than the others.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:53 pm Holy shit we have a Pita Pit here in TN in my town no less. Never heard of it.
I'm not surprised you haven't. They've been rather stealthily expanding while most haven't heard of it. They're a health-conscious company, and seem to do well in places with lots of active people. I was actually most surprised to see so many in California when I went there in 2013, but at the same time, not so surprise as California is a very active lifestyle state.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Subway or Taco Del Mar (local chain) or Chipotle

Taco Bell is now out as they no longer have a price advantage... they've gotten (relatively) expensive in the past half-decade here in Seattle
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Taco Bell quit carrying all but one item I always liked. Worst is they got rid of the smothered burrito. Now Im left with just the soft taco supreme.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I have a fast food meal every weekday, as I can't cook or make sandwiches, and bringing my own lunch isn't really an option. If it's in San Francisco, my goto is generally McD, as there's one two blocks from my HQ. I stop by their drive-thru after leaving HQ on the way to delivery. 4-piece chicken tenders.

If I'm heading southward, then I stop by the KFC/Taco Bell, and usually order a 2-piece chicken combo. Though sometimes I order a burrito combo. Liked their waffle combo but that's limited time only.

When I was driving longer distances I've stopped at Chik-Fil-a or Carls Jr, but not very often.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
stessier

Post by stessier »

Kasey Chang wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:15 am I have a fast food meal every weekday, as I can't cook or make sandwiches, and bringing my own lunch isn't really an option. If it's in San Francisco, my goto is generally McD, as there's one two blocks from my HQ. I stop by their drive-thru after leaving HQ on the way to delivery. 4-piece chicken tenders.

If I'm heading southward, then I stop by the KFC/Taco Bell, and usually order a 2-piece chicken combo. Though sometimes I order a burrito combo. Liked their waffle combo but that's limited time only.

When I was driving longer distances I've stopped at Chik-Fil-a or Carls Jr, but not very often.
Perhaps off topic but how can you not make a sandwich? Cooking I can kinda/sorta see, but there is zero skill required for sandwich making.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Jeff V wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:46 pm Portillos, maybe 3 times in a year.
Portillos is fast food? If so then I'll say Vienna Beef Factory Store. I get there every month or so for a beef sandwich.

As for traditional fast food, Taco Bell. It's the best.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Rotis. You can’t beat Mediterranean fast food. :wub:
He won. Period.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:18 am
Jeff V wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:46 pm Portillos, maybe 3 times in a year.
Portillos is fast food?
How would you characterize it? Drive up, assembly-line hot dogs and beef sandwiches. Mostly nothing is cooked to order. You order and pick up at counters, no wait service.
Black Lives Matter
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Since it's the only fast food I've had in the last year or so, the A&W Beyond Meat burger wins by default. I tried one during a layover at the airport in Calgary back in August, and liked it enough that I had another one for lunch a couple of days later in Regina.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Yeah, A&W really is underrated. My favourite is the Mozza Burger.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

I eat at a fast food place maybe once a week, mainly as a health thing. I figure once a week isn't going to kill me. In addition, I try to rotate choices so as not to get bored. In N Out has prime position not only as a choice, but as the fallback if the other choice doesn't work out for some reason. Popeye's is my fried chicken choice. King Taco, LA chain, is my taco choice. When I'm in the mood for different kinds of fries I'll choose 5 Guys(cajun fries) or Mooyah Burger(sweet potato fries). Sometimes I'll go to The Habit burger rather than In N Out, because they're good in a different way(grilled over flame). Dog Haus if I'm in a hot dog mood.

The rest of the places are local mom and pop spots. There's a taco place in town that does great fish and shrimp tacos, Cabo style. The problem there is they have something like 4 parking spots out back and that's it. Any given day I might want to go there it's likely the parking is full. With the larger chains there is always parking and always open tables.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I'm intrigued by Dog Haus, but the closest is Long Beach or Chino Hills. Not likely unless I'm traveling.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

I go to the Sonic by my work once every two to three weeks. They just built a BK's across the street, but I use to eat those frequently when I was in the Air Force (they're on most AF bases), and I burnt out on them, plus I do love my Sonic.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Rumpy wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:48 pm Yeah, A&W really is underrated. My favourite is the Mozza Burger.
No A&W within SF city limits. Closest is San Leandro (across the bay) or San Bruno (near the airport), and it's usually a combo restaurant with KFC.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I would dearly, dearly love a good hot dog place. There isn't one anywhere near here, including the towns I drive to for other services. I haven't had a decent hot dog in the 19 years since I moved to Indiana.
Tao

Post by Tao »

Subway (is that fast food?) - Once a week for lunch on Wednesday for the foot long Turkey sandwich
BK - maybe once a year when I get a yen
Wendy's - maybe two - three times a year
Chipotle - A LOT...I LOVE Chipotle
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez