Fundraising for 2020/2021: Currently at $1218. Fundraising has begun, see the global post for options. Paypal Donation Links US dollars CDN Dollars

NBA 2019-2020 Season

Everything else!

Moderators: EvilHomer3k, Bakhtosh

Jaymann

Re: NBA 2019-2020 Season

Post by Jaymann »

Everyone was falling all over themselves to anoint the Clippers as champions. The Lakers may have something to say about that: 103-101. Welcome back!
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>

Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

But the Clippers didn't have Lou Williams (in quarantine due to strip club...) or Montrez Harrell, who averages 18 pts and 7 rebounds a game, last night. So I think it's fair to say they were a bit shorthanded. That doesn't mean that they're necessarily better than the Lakers, but I wouldn't take last night as proof that they're not.

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:39 am
But the Clippers didn't have Lou Williams (in quarantine due to strip club...) or Montrez Harrell, who averages 18 pts and 7 rebounds a game, last night. So I think it's fair to say they were a bit shorthanded. That doesn't mean that they're necessarily better than the Lakers, but I wouldn't take last night as proof that they're not.
No certainly not proof, but it is encouraging that in crunch time Caruso made the saving steal and LeBron actually hit a winning shot. And they had no answer for A D.
Jaymann

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Watched part of the Den/MIA game this afternoon. The virtual fan thing is so weird.

Shame all three of the televised games were terrible. I had them on in the background today, and each one was a 20+ point blowout at one point. Clippers are up 34 over the Pelicans as I write this.
For those accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
Yeah and after the Lakers flop last night you very well could be right. We shall see, it'd serve the Lakers right to lose (meaningless) homefield in the playoffs.
Steer into the drift.

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Lorini wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:22 pm
Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
Yeah and after the Lakers flop last night you very well could be right. We shall see, it'd serve the Lakers right to lose (meaningless) homefield in the playoffs.
Home field doesn't mean much (though they had some virtual fans cheering for Toronto) but seeding is paramount, and the Lakers won't come close to losing that.
Jaymann

Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

There’s a big jump from Memphis to Dallas as the first round opponent. But I don’t think the Laker’s will lose first place; they’re too far ahead with too few games left.